Rate This Thread - Central Michigan @ Kentucky 9/1.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:23 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,275 Times in 888 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default Central Michigan @ Kentucky 9/1
Central Michigan versus Kentucky. This game is just a couple days away. What are everyone's thoughts.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:08 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,275 Times in 888 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
I'm really not a huge UK fan at all, but I have to root for Kentucky because Kash Daniel does have Bobcat blood coursing through his veins.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:20 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 73 Times in 66 Posts
Axel Foley is on a distinguished road
Wildcats open the season with a win 31-13.
Send a private message to Axel Foley Add Axel Foley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:42 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts
mantax is an unknown quantity at this point
So does that Hergott kid from Highlands see any action in this game?
Send a private message to mantax Add mantax to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:19 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,758 Times in 1,991 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Cats by 14
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:50 PM
RETIRED

Liked 8,018 Times in 5,549 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has disabled reputation
Typical stoops team.

Talking **** after every play.
Missing assignments.
Letting an inferior team settle in and stay in the game.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:58 PM
RETIRED

Kentuckys offensive line alone wont allow them to win more than 6 games.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:00 PM
RETIRED

I like the Rose kid.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:50 PM

Liked 889 Times in 700 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Absolutely pitiful showing thus far. The Westry targeting penalty sums up Mark Stoops time at UK so far. Undisciplined!
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 108 Times in 82 Posts
rookie57 is on a distinguished road
Not matching pre season hype so far.
Send a private message to rookie57 Add rookie57 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:57 PM

Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rookie57 View Post
Not matching pre season hype so far.
Kentucky football in a nutshell.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:09 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 593 Times in 421 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
An SEC team should not struggle against Direction U.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:51 PM
RETIRED

Some of your predictions are about to be shot all to ****

I dont understand the reason for keeping stoops any longer. He reached his peak 2 years ago. Unless you're okay with mediocrity, he needs to go. Now.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:53 PM
RETIRED

What a fiasco the qb play turned out to be.

Touchdown Terry should now be referred to as turnover terry
Old 09-01-2018, 08:13 PM
RETIRED

This targeting **** needs to be relooked at. These hits aren't malicious. Its a football play.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:21 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

SEC athletes taking this one over. Thought both targeting calls against CMU did not warrant ejections. Penalties but not ejections. Westry deserved to be booted. Stupid play on his part.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:32 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 593 Times in 421 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
SEC athletes taking this one over. Thought both targeting calls against CMU did not warrant ejections. Penalties but not ejections. Westry deserved to be booted. Stupid play on his part.
SEC athletes does not struggle against Direction U every year.

Looking at the stats. It looks like an ugly game outside of two long runs by the Cats. Could be a long season.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:33 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Gave them 10. Other than that it is a blowout. Rushed for 299 is controlling the game.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
This targeting **** needs to be relooked at. These hits aren't malicious. Its a football play.
Westryís was blatant and is not a football play at all. He went for the guys neck/Head with his shoulder when the ball wasnít even in contention of being catchable. The other one, Iíll give you. That was flag football stuff out there.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:00 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Westry' was dumb assery. Plays like that will cost UK a game at some point
Old 09-02-2018, 10:31 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 6,069 Times in 3,857 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Define dumb assery!

I was so excited for College Game Day that I completely forgot how frustrating it is to watch Kentucky football!!
Old 09-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Starter
Liked 411 Times in 281 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
I went yesterday a few observations from my seat.
1. Our defense I thought was much improved. I realize we were playing a MAC team, but tackling is tackling, and to me that has been a big issue last few years. Very few out-and-out misses yesterday. 10 of the 20 points were just handed over by turnovers. And Josh Allen looks NFL ready right now, if we make a low-level bowl game this year Iíll bet he skips it. Kash Daniel and Jordan Jones played well too, but I think we all know Jones will have some Vontaze Burfict moments as the season goes along.
2. Special teams looked good overall, the punter was excellent, Bowden is gonna break a long one from time to time, Bouvier did a good job on punt returns once he quit letting them roll for 20 extra yards, and the new place kicker can at least make extra points. We will just have to wait and see on field goals.
3. Running game is stout, Benny and Rose are both high quality backs.
4. The two big questions are quarterback and quality of opponents. Hoak had a nice drive and Wilson had some moments, but neither one made me think we are better at that spot than we were with Stephen Johnson. And again, Central Michigan wouldnít even be above Vandy in SEC, so business is about to pick up on the schedule.
5. Crowd basically sucked, I would guess 15,000 or so empty seats, and not a lot of excitement except maybe on the two long runs by Benny and Rose. I think everyone wants to be shown some real improvement, I think this is the do-or-die year for Stoops.
6. Finally the targeting thing is getting out of hand, and Iím not defending Westry at all, he made a terrible play, but I just feel like football is football, there are risks involved. Things happen in a split second, hate to see guys tossed (although on Westryís play he had time to adjust). But a lot of plays arenít like that. Iím not sure what the answer is.
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
billsizemore63 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Van Hagar View Post
I went yesterday a few observations from my seat.
1. Our defense I thought was much improved. I realize we were playing a MAC team, but tackling is tackling, and to me that has been a big issue last few years. Very few out-and-out misses yesterday. 10 of the 20 points were just handed over by turnovers. And Josh Allen looks NFL ready right now, if we make a low-level bowl game this year Iíll bet he skips it. Kash Daniel and Jordan Jones played well too, but I think we all know Jones will have some Vontaze Burfict moments as the season goes along.
2. Special teams looked good overall, the punter was excellent, Bowden is gonna break a long one from time to time, Bouvier did a good job on punt returns once he quit letting them roll for 20 extra yards, and the new place kicker can at least make extra points. We will just have to wait and see on field goals.
3. Running game is stout, Benny and Rose are both high quality backs.
4. The two big questions are quarterback and quality of opponents. Hoak had a nice drive and Wilson had some moments, but neither one made me think we are better at that spot than we were with Stephen Johnson. And again, Central Michigan wouldnít even be above Vandy in SEC, so business is about to pick up on the schedule.
5. Crowd basically sucked, I would guess 15,000 or so empty seats, and not a lot of excitement except maybe on the two long runs by Benny and Rose. I think everyone wants to be shown some real improvement, I think this is the do-or-die year for Stoops.
6. Finally the targeting thing is getting out of hand, and Iím not defending Westry at all, he made a terrible play, but I just feel like football is football, there are risks involved. Things happen in a split second, hate to see guys tossed (although on Westryís play he had time to adjust). But a lot of plays arenít like that. Iím not sure what the answer is.
Agree with everything you said. Bottom line is we have to find an impact quarterback that can make an impact in the passing game. Iím over the Going after dual threat guys I want a traditional QB! I think Beau Allen needs to be our Priority for the 2020 class! Heís in our backyard and is a must get! Terry Wilson is never gonna be a guy thatís gonna make a huge impact in the passing game! I think Hoak gives us the better chance to win if he can settle in the pocket. Wilson needs to learn to throw a deep ball instead of trying to rocket it in and guide it he needs to put some air under it and let our receivers run under it. Iím pretty happy with our defense outside of westrys stupidity. I think Lonnie Johnson is our better option there anyway. A lot more positive than negatives on the defensive side of the ball! I think if the staff settles on Hoak and he gets more comfortable I think it gives us the best shot to go bowling . If Wilson keeps the job the only bowling we will be doing is on the weekends with our buddies at the local Alley
Send a private message to billsizemore63 Add billsizemore63 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:59 PM
Head Coach
Liked 522 Times in 377 Posts
insideinfo is on a distinguished road
Stoops has yet to recruit a quarterback that when the game started you felt like we have the best way quarterback on the field.
Send a private message to insideinfo Add insideinfo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » College Sports » Football