Rate This Thread - Bell Co 42 Middlesboro 21.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:12 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,950 Times in 3,774 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default Bell Co 42 Middlesboro 21
Final

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,321 Times in 2,621 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Congratulations Bobcats !
Old 08-18-2017, 09:17 PM
Statistician
Liked 29 Times in 24 Posts
Mr. Obvious is on a distinguished road
Good win Bell County. Nice young team.
BellCo18 (08-18-2017)
Send a private message to Mr. Obvious Add Mr. Obvious to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:31 PM
Statistician
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
BellCo18 is on a distinguished road
Great game. With our leading tackler from last year out tonight showed big time on the scoreboard. Wombles will be back next week against Pike Central.
Mr. Obvious (08-18-2017)
Send a private message to BellCo18 Add BellCo18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:35 PM
Statistician
Funny how the Williams kid played tonight for Middlesboro. Even the newspaper said he wasn't no longer on the team. Was suppose to be suspended tonight. 🤔
Send a private message to BellCo18 Add BellCo18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:35 PM
Statistician
Middlesboro would have also benefited from Williams playing in the first half. Both teams will be better in their next game I think.
BellCo18 (08-18-2017)
Send a private message to Mr. Obvious Add Mr. Obvious to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:37 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
Middlesboro would have also benefited from Williams playing in the first half. Both teams will be better in their next game I think.
So what was the truth about Williams. We heard everything over here.
Bird (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 09:41 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by BellCo18 View Post
So what was the truth about Williams. We heard everything over here.
I honestly couldn't tell you. I think he was involved in some legal trouble this summer but am not certain. I'm not a huge fan of punishing a kid twice, both in the court of law and on the athletic field. That said, a small suspension such as his is fine with me. Sitting a half against Bell County is no small punishment in my opinion.

Why wasn't Wombles able to play?
BellCo18 (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 09:47 PM
Statistician
Funny how the Williams kid played tonight for Middlesboro. Even the newspaper said he wasn't no longer on the team. Was suppose to be suspended tonight. 🤔
Anthony Cloud of MDN is a clown. I said it during the game but only he and the coaching staff really know what the duration of that suspension was supposed to be. With Rogers being knocked out immediately and a few skilled position players limping off the field a few times, I see his insertion back in as more of a statement that his team needed him to step up. Middlesboro was paper thin coming into the game.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:48 PM
Scout Team
Liked 130 Times in 99 Posts
NextGeneration is on a distinguished road
Offense had improved some. Anthony Jackson is explosive. Williams played in second quarter at the beginning. That kid can play. He also started a fight with his own player in huddle. Enough said. Question now Rogers gone and Jackson appeared to have had a bad knee injury and McWilliams walk off field to locker room. If this has happened we may not win another game. I did see offensive improvement from last year, but don't think Bells defense is very good. I do hate this for the kids.
BellCo18 (08-18-2017)
Send a private message to NextGeneration Add NextGeneration to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:52 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by NextGeneration View Post
Offense had improved some. Anthony Jackson is explosive. Williams played in second quarter at the beginning. That kid can play. He also started a fight with his own player in huddle. Enough said. Question now Rogers gone and Jackson appeared to have had a bad knee injury and McWilliams walk off field to locker room. If this has happened we may not win another game. I did see offensive improvement from last year, but don't think Bells defense is very good. I do hate this for the kids.
Middlesboro was for sure improved. Bell's D was without leading tackler from last year. He was suspended for this game. Wombles.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:53 PM
Statistician
I honestly couldn't tell you. I think he was involved in some legal trouble this summer but am not certain. I'm not a huge fan of punishing a kid twice, both in the court of law and on the athletic field. That said, a small suspension such as his is fine with me. Sitting a half against Bell County is no small punishment in my opinion.

Why wasn't Wombles able to play?
I think for getting tossed out of the last game of last year against Corbin.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:58 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,644 Times in 1,900 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Bell.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:58 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Tri-State Fan is on a distinguished road
Both teams are very improved in my opinion. Thought Middlesboro ran the ball very well for first time running the option. They didn't lay down when they got behind. Pretty good ball game. Bell is very improved as well and will compete in their district.
Send a private message to Tri-State Fan Add Tri-State Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:59 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Tri-State Fan View Post
Both teams are very improved in my opinion. Thought Middlesboro ran the ball very well for first time running the option. They didn't lay down when they got behind. Pretty good ball game. Bell is very improved as well and will compete in their district.
glad to hear.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:09 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts
jacket-pride is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NextGeneration View Post
I agree keeping it on the ground especially with this pitiful defense may be our best bet. Jackson is solid hope he's okay. Williams won't finish the season. If we continue to improve I think we can get to 3/4 wins this season. I think Harlan, Claiborne, and pikeville SHOULD all be wins. Clay county 50/50 and we don't have a chance at any of the others.
Send a private message to jacket-pride Add jacket-pride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:18 PM
Scout Team
Liked 130 Times in 99 Posts
NextGeneration is on a distinguished road
If Jackson is out and McWilliams quit , 1 win Pineville. Snap it to Williams and let him run, that will beat Pineville.
jacket-pride (08-18-2017)
Send a private message to NextGeneration Add NextGeneration to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:33 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 41 Times in 28 Posts
jax is on a distinguished road
Good win, offense looked good, still need alot of improvement on defense & special teams. Coach Joe B. Hall was there, very nice man.
Send a private message to jax Add jax to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:47 PM
Statistician
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Truthhurts is on a distinguished road
Middesboro will lose as many players after this as they have lost good assistant coaches since Massengil's arrival. If Jacksons out any time at all it's down hill.Mcwillams and Williams are tight if one quits they both will! Looking bad for the Jackets again!
Send a private message to Truthhurts Add Truthhurts to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:02 PM
Statistician
Great game. With our leading tackler from last year out tonight showed big time on the scoreboard. Wombles will be back next week against Pike Central.
Letcher Co Central not Pike Central
Old 08-18-2017, 11:14 PM
Statistician
Jackson will be ok I hear.
BellCo18 (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 11:21 PM
Statistician
Jackson will be ok I hear.
Good. Great kid
Old 08-19-2017, 12:42 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by jax View Post
Good win, offense looked good, still need alot of improvement on defense & special teams. Coach Joe B. Hall was there, very nice man.
Why was he there?
Old 08-19-2017, 12:49 AM
Head Coach

Liked 872 Times in 629 Posts
Do-double-gg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jacket-pride View Post
I agree keeping it on the ground especially with this pitiful defense may be our best bet. Jackson is solid hope he's okay. Williams won't finish the season. If we continue to improve I think we can get to 3/4 wins this season. I think Harlan, Claiborne, and pikeville SHOULD all be wins. Clay county 50/50 and we don't have a chance at any of the others.
No offense but your logic has me a little confused. You say Pikeville is a win but Clay is a 50-50 toss. In my personal opinion after looking at both teams first game I'm thinking Pikeville would put a running clock on Clay but that's just me lol.
Send a private message to Do-double-gg Add Do-double-gg to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:59 AM
Head Coach

Liked 872 Times in 629 Posts
Do-double-gg is on a distinguished road
Congrats Bobcats! I believe the old ball coach will have the program back in the thick of things in 3a in no time. I do wander though how much longer do you think Hilton wants to do this. The man seams to be pretty restless at times and is back at Bell for like the 3rd time now ain't it. How much longer do you think he even wants to keep coaching. I would like to see hem just stay and retire at Bell this time. I think he might want to take another run at that all time wins record that he held at one time lol
Send a private message to Do-double-gg Add Do-double-gg to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:38 AM
Statistician
Liked 92 Times in 65 Posts
The Spread is on a distinguished road
Having Dudley back at bell co yet again is akin to taking back a cheating partner. He will turn em back around but it sure makes the fan base and the district seem pretty desperate every time he leaves and Bell Winds up at his feet begging for him to come save the team. Eventually, they'll have to find someone OTHER than Duds to coach on log mnt.
Gitback Coach (08-19-2017)
Send a private message to The Spread Add The Spread to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:43 AM
2nd String
Liked 195 Times in 150 Posts
Gitback Coach is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't get to see this one, but sounds like the Jackets are at least improved from the past couple seasons. That's something more than we could say for the past couple years.

Barring unforeseen injuries, departures, additions, misdemeanors, suspensions and/or reinstatements--and the always unpredictable free agency structures--Middlesboro "could" win their next four games, and they "should" be sitting at least 3-2 by mid-season.
Send a private message to Gitback Coach Add Gitback Coach to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:13 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts
jacket-pride is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Do-double-gg View Post
No offense but your logic has me a little confused. You say Pikeville is a win but Clay is a 50-50 toss. In my personal opinion after looking at both teams first game I'm thinking Pikeville would put a running clock on Clay but that's just me lol.
Excuse me Pineville I don't know much about Pikeville. Other than we played them in the muddiest game I ever ever played in when I was in high school.
Send a private message to jacket-pride Add jacket-pride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:14 AM
2nd String
Liked 195 Times in 150 Posts
Gitback Coach is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jacket-pride View Post
Excuse me Pineville I don't know much about Pikeville. Other than we played them in the muddiest game I ever ever played in when I was in high school.
Pikeville > Pineville
Send a private message to Gitback Coach Add Gitback Coach to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:22 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by The Spread View Post
Having Dudley back at bell co yet again is akin to taking back a cheating partner. He will turn em back around but it sure makes the fan base and the district seem pretty desperate every time he leaves and Bell Winds up at his feet begging for him to come save the team. Eventually, they'll have to find someone OTHER than Duds to coach on log mnt.
That couldn't have been said better.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football