Rate This Thread - 2019/2020 Wrestling Season.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:20 AM
Subscribe to my YouTube.

Liked 2,252 Times in 1,545 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
Default 2019/2020 Wrestling Season
For those of you that follow high school wrestling, who are the favorites at each weight class this year.

I know Union County will probably be in the hunt for another team state title.
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Head Coach
Liked 1,477 Times in 857 Posts
#55PirateFan is on a distinguished road
Don't know much about wrestling because my son just started his freshman year. Now he's a senior and he broke Belfry's all time wins record last year in the heavy weight class in just his 2nd meet into his junior season.

But I will say this, I know a little about Region 8 and, in my opinion, Coach Matney is the best coach I myself have ever seen. So to me JC will be right up there. I'm just glad Byron Pierce has moved on! Lol! Ethan finished 4th in the region last year and went 2-2 at state. Hopefully he can do even better this year now that Big Byron is no longer at JC.

The favorite in Region 8 as far as heavyweights, I think John Stone of Ashland is. But I'd put my boy right up at the top as well. In the preseason rankings, Stone is ranked #4 and Ethan is ranked #10 in the state. At least that's the way it was in the rankings I saw. The other classes I have no idea about.

Can't wait for wrestling season to kick off. It has quickly become one of my favorite sports. I'll be cheering for all the mountain teams this year. Good luck!
free ride (12-11-2019)
Send a private message to #55PirateFan Add #55PirateFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
free ride is on a distinguished road
I know how you feel. My son held or holds the all time winning record at Belfry. I donít know if anyone has broke his record. But give your son my best. Records are to be broken. Matney is the best. I got to know him in wrestling great guy. My older boy wrestled for Belfry and then ref. for Matney during his tournaments.
#55PirateFan (12-12-2019)
Send a private message to free ride Add free ride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » All other sports