Rate This Thread - Open Job: Hazard.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:49 PM
Statistician
Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
CowboyDad is on a distinguished road
I wouldnít ever say Hines wouldnít leave Pulaski.

The right job came open and a decent offer given, Iíd think heíd go for it. Hines is top notch and given the talent, he can win at a high level. Hazard would lucky to have him.

Haddix isnít leaving Corbin of Hazard. I get youíre avoiding Boyle and Johnson Central, but you can compete with those guys at Corbin better than you can compete with Pikeville at Hazard.
Send a private message to CowboyDad Add CowboyDad to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:52 PM
Statistician
Liked 80 Times in 55 Posts
Bull got out! is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CowboyDad View Post

The right job came open and a decent offer given, Iíd think heíd go for it. Hines is top notch and given the talent, he can win at a high level. Hazard would lucky to have him.

Haddix isnít leaving Corbin of Hazard. I get youíre avoiding Boyle and Johnson Central, but you can compete with those guys at Corbin better than you can compete with Pikeville at Hazard.

Send a private message to Bull got out! Add Bull got out! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:13 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
A-Block is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bull got out! View Post
Give him time, he might get his first this coming year. The year of the REDHOUNDS!
Yea ... Corbin isnít winning 4A anytime soon. Theyíre an avg. program compared to the talent at the top tier 4A schools.
Send a private message to A-Block Add A-Block to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:43 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by A-Block View Post
Yea ... Corbin isnít winning 4A anytime soon. Theyíre an avg. program compared to the talent at the top tier 4A schools.

Send a private message to Bull got out! Add Bull got out! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Statistician
I know one thing for sure, Corbin is sure going to try!
Old 12-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Statistician
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Texans_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
elite?
I mean heís not Nick Saban but he is one of the best defensive coaches in the state.
Send a private message to Texans_99 Add Texans_99 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:58 PM
Statistician
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Texans_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
For anyone saying Corbin isnít competing in 4A must not realize how young their team was last season. I see them being state championship contenders in a few years.
Bull got out! (12-14-2019)
Send a private message to Texans_99 Add Texans_99 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:26 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Texans_99 View Post
For anyone saying Corbin isnít competing in 4A must not realize how young their team was last season. I see them being state championship contenders in a few years.
If still in 3A I would agree. Just donít see it happening in 4A. There is a big gap between those two classes. JMHO
Send a private message to A-Block Add A-Block to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:23 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mayhem is on a distinguished road
Arms from JC, Kinner from Paintsville, Haddux from Corbin, Sullivan from Pikeville, Peck from JC. Any of these wouldnít surprise me. I donít know if any are willing to go when it comes down to it but you never know.
Send a private message to Mayhem Add Mayhem to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Otis Campbell is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Arms from JC, Kinner from Paintsville, Haddux from Corbin, Sullivan from Pikeville, Peck from JC. Any of these wouldnít surprise me. I donít know if any are willing to go when it comes down to it but you never know.
Any of those would be good hires. I would like to see our staff at JC stay intact though lol
Diogenes (Yesterday)
Send a private message to Otis Campbell Add Otis Campbell to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM
Scout Team
Liked 243 Times in 180 Posts
single shot is on a distinguished road
If still in 3A I would agree. Just donít see it happening in 4A. There is a big gap between those two classes. JMHO
Such a big gap that the Boyle team that Corbin beat in the 3A semis last year just played for the 4A state championship, yeah that makes a lot of sense...
Send a private message to single shot Add single shot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM
Head Coach

Liked 1,310 Times in 941 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Thereís a big gap because of teams like CORBIN moving up to 4A. You think it was this tough last year? Haha. We shutout the almost exact same team JC beat by a point last year.

We have one somewhat down year and everyone forgets their last 4.
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:00 AM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post
Thereís a big gap because of teams like CORBIN moving up to 4A. You think it was this tough last year? Haha. We shutout the almost exact same team JC beat by a point last year.

Where the **** is Dougie when you need him...
Send a private message to single shot Add single shot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:06 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
WhomTheBellTolls is on a distinguished road
corbin couldnít win district this last season but theyíre state title contenders now after losing their two best defensive players and giving up 63 in their last game.. not sure if Iím following along
Send a private message to WhomTheBellTolls Add WhomTheBellTolls to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:14 AM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by WhomTheBellTolls View Post
corbin couldnít win district this last season but theyíre state title contenders now after losing their two best defensive players and giving up 63 in their last game.. not sure if Iím following along
Not sure anyone in 4A is gonna be able to handle Johnson Central next year, Corbinís Freshman, Sophmore, and Junior class all have potential D1 talent and should put Corbin back in the running...programís graduate players every year and kids move up the depth chart every year to replace them...
Old Yesterday, 04:24 AM
Head Coach
Liked 1,055 Times in 537 Posts
RoShamBo will become famous soon enough
Hazard needs to look for a solid young OC or DC at a competitive program. Hazard isn't going to get an established HC to come and play second fiddle to Pikeville in Kentucky's smallest class. A good, young, OC or DC at a solid program in the East, plus a little leeway for a couple years of growing pains, and Hazard may be back where they want to be.

Hazard needs to be careful with their hire here. They are two years from going the way of Prestonsburg or Middlesboro.
Send a private message to RoShamBo Add RoShamBo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM
Starter
Liked 610 Times in 322 Posts
Walt Longmire is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CowboyDad View Post

Originally Posted by RoShamBo View Post
Hazard needs to look for a solid young OC or DC at a competitive program. Hazard isn't going to get an established HC to come and play second fiddle to Pikeville in Kentucky's smallest class. A good, young, OC or DC at a solid program in the East, plus a little leeway for a couple years of growing pains, and Hazard may be back where they want to be.

Hazard needs to be careful with their hire here. They are two years from going the way of Prestonsburg or Middlesboro.

You guys act like getting by Pikeville is some unattainable feat. Here's the results of Hazard vs Pikeville in recent history:
2019 Pikeville 42-0
2018 Pikeville 33-27
2017 Pikeville 14-9, Hazard 38-26
2016 Hazard 42-29, Pikeville 29-21

There's only one game in there that wasn't competitive. And then there's the difference in pressure. Have you read the soap opera that the Corbin coaching situation has been on here over the last 10 years? I can only imagine what it is like in person.
Send a private message to Walt Longmire Add Walt Longmire to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Statistician
Oh, you follow along just fine. You don't miss a Corbin post. That would be like me saying Bell couldn't win the state last season but there state title contenders now after losing their best offensive player at QB that had all there offense... and I'm sure I am following along.

As far as Hazard, they wanted Haddix. I think that speaks volumes at what type of Coach he is. I like him. I am sure glad he didn't take it.
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Hound05 View Post

Fair enough. But I think it is safe to say Corbin this year would have struggled to make it through 3A and come out as state champions. Their record speaks for itself.

If they make it to a 4A state championship game in the next 4 years Iíll readily get on here and you can give me a hard time. But for now ... theyíre in the middle of the pack as an outsider looking in.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
WhomTheBellTolls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by single shot View Post
Not sure anyone in 4A is gonna be able to handle Johnson Central next year, Corbinís Freshman, Sophmore, and Junior class all have potential D1 talent and should put Corbin back in the running...programís graduate players every year and kids move up the depth chart every year to replace them...
but will they be able to stop the rb from wayne .. itís hard to think with no wine or shelton it will be possible
Send a private message to WhomTheBellTolls Add WhomTheBellTolls to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by single shot View Post
ALL have D1 potential ... now thatís just delusional. By that thought process they might as well move into 6A in a couple of years and play Trinity/Male. Let me know how that works out for you.

Listen, Iím not saying Corbin isnít a good program. But what I am saying is right now after seeing this past season they are not on the brink of a 4A championship. A lot can change in an offseason. And if Corbin does make it and plays a team from Lex, Louisville etc. I will cheer them on.

Now back to the Hazard job. Really wish they could get a guy like Sully but never will happen. He would be #1 on my list to call if I was the AD at any school. But he is the heir to that Pikeville job from the outside looking in. And MAC at most is there 4 more years IMHO. No reason to leave.

Here in the mountains heís the only OC or DC Iíd really consider. And that is where the problem lies for Hazard. Theyíre likely going to have to take a shot on a young coach and see how it works out. Thatís what they did with Dixon, I believe he was still student teaching when they made the hire. Need someone who can connect with players, something theyíve missed for a few years. And lastly updated facilities. Unlike other independents though, money is a struggle for the program.
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Scout Team
Fair enough. But I think it is safe to say Corbin this year would have struggled to make it through 3A and come out as state champions. Their record speaks for itself.

If they make it to a 4A state championship game in the next 4 years Iíll readily get on here and you can give me a hard time. But for now ... theyíre in the middle of the pack as an outsider looking in.

Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM
Scout Team
ALL have D1 potential ... now that’s just delusional. By that thought process they might as well move into 6A in a couple of years and play Trinity/Male. Let me know how that works out for you.

Listen, I’m not saying Corbin isn’t a good program. But what I am saying is right now after seeing this past season they are not on the brink of a 4A championship. A lot can change in an offseason. And if Corbin does make it and plays a team from Lex, Louisville etc. I will cheer them on.
Corbin has two kids on the roster that already have those offers as underclassman, two others who should eventually but have been dealing with debilitating injuries their freshman season and one of those already has a brother playing D1 ball, reading comprehension sometimes goes a long way, I wasn't referring to the whole roster rather that each class has kids that are potential D1 players...

Corbin has been playing and beating teams from Lexington, Louisville, Florence, Tennessee, etc.....I'm not gonna hijack this thread anymore discussing a topic with someone who's so inept...
Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM
Scout Team
but will they be able to stop the rb from wayne .. itís hard to think with no wine or shelton it will be possible
That's a question for next season, maybe, maybe not but there is gonna be some Corbin kids Wayne has to stop as well, both those games where close, I'm not gonna comment on any of the seniors and have anyone be able to construe it as shade they were very talented and played their hearts out I love them and wish them nothing but the best...
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 450 Times in 328 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RoShamBo View Post

Hazards biggest challenge IMO is they need to hire a coach that is going to keep the young talent they have at Hazard.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM
Starter
Liked 265 Times in 194 Posts
Craze JACKET man is on a distinguished road
Mike Holcomb-
Send a private message to Craze JACKET man Add Craze JACKET man to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM
Starter
Liked 318 Times in 225 Posts
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
Yes thatís true and thanks to bell we all know you can lose district and play for a state title the following year. Corbin moves up, bell then wins district and makes it to title game correct.
Bull got out! (Yesterday), single shot (Yesterday)
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
State Champion

Location: Setting sail with Capt. Morgan and never leaving dry land
Liked 1,813 Times in 1,085 Posts
PHSForever is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Walt Longmire View Post
You guys act like getting by Pikeville is some unattainable feat. Here's the results of Hazard vs Pikeville in recent history:
2019 Pikeville 42-0
2018 Pikeville 33-27
2017 Pikeville 14-9, Hazard 38-26
2016 Hazard 42-29, Pikeville 29-21

There's only one game in there that wasn't competitive. And then there's the difference in pressure. Have you read the soap opera that the Corbin coaching situation has been on here over the last 10 years? I can only imagine what it is like in person.
Itís not that itís unattainable, but Hazard has gone through most of that solid run of outstanding top to bottom classes they had. Still have the ability to be a solid top 5 program every year due to pride and tradition. But without top level coaching, it will be very difficult. Pikeville is in the middle of a very high level run for a smaller school. Very similar to their 87-91 run. Yes they had a couple bridge type years from 2015-2019 but still were very tough outs. Since 2015, 3 finals appearances, 2 championships.
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football