Rate This Thread - 14th Region 2017-2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
14th region fanman is on a distinguished road
Default 14th Region 2017-2018
Now that summer ball is over. Anybody got some early pre season basketball rankings for the top teams and top players in the 14th region after watching everyone play this summer.
Send a private message to 14th region fanman Add 14th region fanman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
Teams
1. KCC- With Caudill and Jones they have a really good 1-2 punch with a guard and big. Combs will be really hard to replace.
2. Estill- Estill returns everyone and rumor has it that JT O'Hair from Breathitt had transferred to Estill. If true that will give Estill 2 of the best scoring guards in the region.
3-6 (no difference)
Wolfe- returns a lot of scoring
PCC- has a ton of questions
Breathitt-been hit by transfers
Cordia- had a lot of talent coming back but who knows what's going on there or who will be there
7. Hazard- will be improved, might have a couple new kids that could help.

Top Players
1. Bonny- Estill
2. Caudill- KCC
3. Stone- Wolfe
4. Keita- Cordia
5. Jones- KCC
6. Back- PCC
7. Turner- Jackson City
8. Bennett- Buckhorn
9. Taulbee- Breathitt
10. O'Hair- *Estill
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,269 Times in 1,053 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
Owsley lost their best player to Jackson City. Xander Terry
Old 08-08-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
Teams
1. KCC- With Caudill and Jones they have a really good 1-2 punch with a guard and big. Combs will be really hard to replace.
2. Estill- Estill returns everyone and rumor has it that JT O'Hair from Breathitt had transferred to Estill. If true that will give Estill 2 of the best scoring guards in the region.
3-6 (no difference)
Wolfe- returns a lot of scoring
PCC- has a ton of questions
Breathitt-been hit by transfers
Cordia- had a lot of talent coming back but who knows what's going on there or who will be there
7. Hazard- will be improved, might have a couple new kids that could help.

Top Players
1. Bonny- Estill
2. Caudill- KCC
3. Stone- Wolfe
4. Keita- Cordia
5. Jones- KCC
6. Back- PCC
7. Turner- Jackson City
8. Bennett- Buckhorn
9. Taulbee- Breathitt
10. O'Hair- *Estill

Heard today from a pretty good source that he has enrolled at Estill
Old 08-08-2017, 11:14 PM
Starter
Liked 94 Times in 77 Posts
dore20 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Strikeout King View Post
Heard today from a pretty good source that he has enrolled at Estill
Coach Bentley told me in person 2 weeks ago he was the kid was coming to Estill.
Send a private message to dore20 Add dore20 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by dore20 View Post
Coach Bentley told me in person 2 weeks ago he was the kid was coming to Estill.
Big get for Coach Bentley that will help them that much more
Old 08-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Grace13 is on a distinguished road
That Hernandez kid from Powell can play gentlemen. I believe he will fly under the radar until the first couple of games. Watched him at Hazard and he was a monster against Hazard and PCC
Send a private message to Grace13 Add Grace13 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Starter
Liked 81 Times in 72 Posts
hoghead is on a distinguished road
This regional will come down to who ever playing the best ball the week of the Regional Tournament. Estill and Wolfe going to have to win two good games on back to back nights with a long drive to Hazard each night. Hazard will be much improved than last year and will be a regional contender this year. Perry at Home will be a hard out for anyone. Knott County well coached and has some experience will be a hard out. There going to be 5 teams with a shot at the regional title. Knott Perry Wolfe Estill Hazard. A lot of unknowns? but with the Regional Tournament at Perry Central my guess Perry and Knott are the two that would concern me the most.
killerb (08-14-2017)
Send a private message to hoghead Add hoghead to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by hoghead View Post
This regional will come down to who ever playing the best ball the week of the Regional Tournament. Estill and Wolfe going to have to win two good games on back to back nights with a long drive to Hazard each night. Hazard will be much improved than last year and will be a regional contender this year. Perry at Home will be a hard out for anyone. Knott County well coached and has some experience will be a hard out. There going to be 5 teams with a shot at the regional title. Knott Perry Wolfe Estill Hazard. A lot of unknowns? but with the Regional Tournament at Perry Central my guess Perry and Knott are the two that would concern me the most.
Completely 100% agree. Post season should be interesting especially if the big dogs draw each other in the first round of district or region.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
RingKing is on a distinguished road
Could Perry even compete this year??

Anyone know of any of the top players having offers? Bonney and Caudill should have offers...
Send a private message to RingKing Add RingKing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:18 PM
Cheerleader
Perry will struggle if they don't bring anyone in which is always a big if.

Does anyone know if Hazard's transfers are going to be able to play?

Which players are still at Cordia and who's left?
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:53 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
eky.sports.fan is on a distinguished road
Hazard will be a dark house contender this year, KCC and Estill are #1 and #1A and if Wolfe can stay healthy and Stone is shooting well, they can beat anyone in the region; recruiting season may alter the landscape though. If PCC doesn't bring some players in, they will struggle. I watched them play several times in region last year, one of those games was at Wolfe and I actually got there in time to watch second half of JV game, I sat in PCC section and one of parents proudly told me the JV team was "all Perry kids", but Wolfe beat them with what I was later told was their 8th grade team and couple of freshmen. Wolfe had a good size guard who was an 8th grader and ate them up, not sure of name. But, PCC will struggle if last years JV players are main Varsity players this year (even with Bach).
Should be a wide open region really though, as should the 15th and 16th region, there just aren't any absolute dominate mountain teams this year that I am aware of.
TheBrahmaBull (10-14-2017)
Send a private message to eky.sports.fan Add eky.sports.fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:55 AM
2nd String
Liked 134 Times in 109 Posts
KentuckyFan35 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eky.sports.fan View Post
Hazard will be a dark house contender this year, KCC and Estill are #1 and #1A and if Wolfe can stay healthy and Stone is shooting well, they can beat anyone in the region; recruiting season may alter the landscape though. If PCC doesn't bring some players in, they will struggle. I watched them play several times in region last year, one of those games was at Wolfe and I actually got there in time to watch second half of JV game, I sat in PCC section and one of parents proudly told me the JV team was "all Perry kids", but Wolfe beat them with what I was later told was their 8th grade team and couple of freshmen. Wolfe had a good size guard who was an 8th grader and ate them up, not sure of name. But, PCC will struggle if last years JV players are main Varsity players this year (even with Bach).
Should be a wide open region really though, as should the 15th and 16th region, there just aren't any absolute dominate mountain teams this year that I am aware of.
Perry had 4 Jr's that probably didn't play JV in Wolfe Co. All 4 will start this year as Seniors in my opinion. Now with that being said all 4 probably wasted last year as their playing time was diminished due to the transfers. Also in my opinion Chandler Caudill is closer to a top ten player than Back!
Localboys (08-14-2017)
Send a private message to KentuckyFan35 Add KentuckyFan35 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:42 AM
2nd String
Liked 148 Times in 121 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
You all have lost it if you don't think Perry will be competitive.
I saw them this summer and they will probably be ranked second in the 14th.
I saw their JV team last year and I thought they were pretty strong.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:50 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 49 Times in 39 Posts
worker1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
You all have lost it if you don't think Perry will be competitive.
I saw them this summer and they will probably be ranked second in the 14th.
I saw their JV team last year and I thought they were pretty strong.
Too many people sleeping on the Cornett kid from PCC. He's a top ten player in my book
Localboys (08-14-2017)
Send a private message to worker1 Add worker1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:06 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
KingCommodore is on a distinguished road
We will be a tough out for sure. Cornett is a stud.
Localboys (08-15-2017)
Send a private message to KingCommodore Add KingCommodore to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Cheerleader
Facts are facts no player on Perry's team has played without Tobler and the other transfers in a real game. This season Back won't get to just stand and shoot and Cornett won't be the 5th option that every team wants to have the ball. The game changes when you are the vocal point of the offense. Knott and Estill are the front runners in my opinion with 4-5 teams being able to beat them on a given night.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Localboys is on a distinguished road
Well if they would have let Caudill and Cornett play and not bench them for all the players they bring in. These boys have been over looked because Perry likes to bring in the big guys.
Send a private message to Localboys Add Localboys to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:00 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Localboys is on a distinguished road
Cornett got player of the game Twice last season! Just like Tobler. Yes the game will change. Cornett is a point guard and Tobler was a big man. Check the stats from last season. A lot of turnovers with Cornett not at point!! Just stating facts!!
Send a private message to Localboys Add Localboys to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:51 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,343 Times in 1,658 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
14th runs through Knott and Perry
skydiver1 (10-11-2017)
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:10 PM
2nd String
Clay used to graduate four or five every year, it seemed, in the 70s and people thought they would rebuild. Never happened. I saw Perry's JV team last year and those guys would have beaten several varsity teams in the 14th.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:17 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,364 Times in 3,391 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
I will miss watching Tobler this year. LOVED his game!!!
Old 10-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
skydiver1 is on a distinguished road
Don't know if they can do it but really like this Estill County team.
Send a private message to skydiver1 Add skydiver1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Scout Team
Liked 93 Times in 83 Posts
hitter is on a distinguished road
keita is not even a top 20 player in the region. hes not gotten any better since he was in 8th grade. I don't know why people put him on these lists
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:46 AM
Statistician
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
Easy Wind is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hitter View Post
keita is not even a top 20 player in the region. hes not gotten any better since he was in 8th grade. I don't know why people put him on these lists
I see no reason why you feel the need to single out this one player. Is it because he plays at cordia? Is it b/c he is foreign? There are 100's of players who you could call out.
Elite Eagle (10-11-2017)
Send a private message to Easy Wind Add Easy Wind to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Statistician
Liked 139 Times in 92 Posts
Buford T Justice is on a distinguished road
Statements like this shows a persons ignorance. I will guarantee you if he decided to leave cordia there is not a team in the state that would turn him down. Name me one team in the 14th he would not start for? Most people probably don't know this but he has been playing hurt the last 2 seasons. He finally had several huge bone spurs removed from his foot in the late summer. The U.K. Sports medicine doctor said he didn't know how he was even walking. He could not move his foot out of the neutral position that is why he had a hard time jumping. He should be 100% by the time season starts the doctor released him today to start walking without his boot and will be released to start running on October 23. BTW He also has several D1 offers so how can a kid with a D1 offer in the 14th not be tops of the region.
Send a private message to Buford T Justice Add Buford T Justice to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 49 Times in 39 Posts
worker1 is on a distinguished road
Oumar is a legit D1 prospect. But, more importantly, he is a great kid. I look for a big year from him.
Send a private message to worker1 Add worker1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:30 AM
2nd String
Liked 134 Times in 109 Posts
KentuckyFan35 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Buford T Justice View Post
Statements like this shows a persons ignorance. I will guarantee you if he decided to leave cordia there is not a team in the state that would turn him down. Name me one team in the 14th he would not start for? Most people probably don't know this but he has been playing hurt the last 2 seasons. He finally had several huge bone spurs removed from his foot in the late summer. The U.K. Sports medicine doctor said he didn't know how he was even walking. He could not move his foot out of the neutral position that is why he had a hard time jumping. He should be 100% by the time season starts the doctor released him today to start walking without his boot and will be released to start running on October 23. BTW He also has several D1 offers so how can a kid with a D1 offer in the 14th not be tops of the region.
WOW! How many surgeries has he had? Who is paying for these surgeries? It has to be in the 10's of thousands by now!
Send a private message to KentuckyFan35 Add KentuckyFan35 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:41 AM
2nd String
Originally Posted by Buford T Justice View Post
BTW He also has several D1 offers so how can a kid with a D1 offer in the 14th not be tops of the region.

The rankings aren't based on college potential but high school performance. He makes the top 10 because he does have potential, but he can't move ahead of guys who have performed at a high level. He's been in the top 10 for the past two years and moved higher this year despite pretty average numbers as far as stats.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:33 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 172 Times in 147 Posts
fatpatfan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hitter View Post

Wait a minizzle, snoop dog and ole fatpat has been tryin to bring this boi over to Mortys for fitty years now. CT has signed the documents and we be sendin a limo for you. You would look good in a Patriot uniform.

#nomorewalking More mash taters please!!!
Send a private message to fatpatfan Add fatpatfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball