Rate This Thread - Trey James Commits To Iona.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Liked 1,389 Times in 1,006 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Default Trey James Commits To Iona
Congrats to the young man!
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Liked 178 Times in 130 Posts
CardinalAlum is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Trey. Coach P is getting a good one
Old 08-01-2020, 10:34 AM
Statistician
Liked 46 Times in 39 Posts
eky.sports.fan is on a distinguished road
I think thats a great landing spot for Trey - he wont have the pressure of a high level D1 program, should be able to play right away and will be developed by Coach Pitino; he will be the best player he can be and should have a great chance to play professionally.
jetpilot (08-02-2020)
Send a private message to eky.sports.fan Add eky.sports.fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:37 PM
Statistician
Liked 44 Times in 36 Posts
WinkWinkler is on a distinguished road
Professionally? Not a chance.
Send a private message to WinkWinkler Add WinkWinkler to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:43 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,241 Times in 1,944 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
^^^You can always count on Wink to be the turd in the punch bowl, or anywhere else. Congrats to the young man, you will learn from one of the best.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:01 PM
Statistician
We all know this is a farce. Will never set foot on a Iona ball court.
Send a private message to WinkWinkler Add WinkWinkler to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:07 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by WinkWinkler View Post
We all know this is a farce. Will never set foot on a Iona ball court.
Wow we have a guy with a crystal ball on here! Send me a PM who is going to win the next Kentucky Derby and I will give you a cashier's check for $1MM.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:10 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Milkcrate52 is on a distinguished road
Super happy for the kid, good scholarship from a good school and will play for a good coach. But he has zero chance of playing pro. Heís not very skilled, he dominates around the mountains because of his size. The only true skill he has is his timing in terms of blocking shots. Very nice young man, and hope he gets to play for Iona!
Send a private message to Milkcrate52 Add Milkcrate52 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:17 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Milkcrate52 View Post
Super happy for the kid, good scholarship from a good school and will play for a good coach. But he has zero chance of playing pro. He’s not very skilled, he dominates around the mountains because of his size. The only true skill he has is his timing in terms of blocking shots. Very nice young man, and hope he gets to play for Iona!
So Pitino can't take a raw kid and elevate his skills and put him in pro ball somewhere.

Prove dumb people wrong kid.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:35 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
So Pitino can't take a raw kid and elevate his skills and put him in pro ball somewhere.

Prove dumb people wrong kid.
Tell me what true skills he has Jet pilot besides the one I listed in his timing. He doesnít have a soft touch around the basket, he has no true post move. He gets all of his points by dunks, lobs or by just going over a smaller defender. How about you stop being bias, before you call people dumb sir.
Send a private message to Milkcrate52 Add Milkcrate52 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Originally Posted by Milkcrate52 View Post
Tell me what true skills he has Jet pilot besides the one I listed in his timing. He doesnít have a soft touch around the basket, he has no true post move. He gets all of his points by dunks, lobs or by just going over a smaller defender. How about you stop being bias, before you call people dumb sir.
He seems to do well for himself on the Nike EYBL circuit.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
People on the internet telling college scouts they made a mistake has never made sense to me. Like when people said Kash wasn’t good enough for the SEC but played for U.K. and had a scholarship to South Carolina as well.

Have you ever seen Trey play on the circuit where he plays against kids his size and caliber? It’s a dirty shot to knock his skill based off him playing 5”11 kids. That isn’t his fault everyone else is shorter than him and he plays down to the level of his competition. Ray Kasongo was the same exact way, he could’ve had 40 points a night by posting little kids up and just dunking over them. But he didn’t, but on the circuit he garnered a lot of attention because he was playing kids his caliber and he had to utilize his entire skill set.

So just be happy for the kid, he’s helping Eastern Ky players get more eyeballs in the mountains.
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:12 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Iíve seen the kid play on his circuit, he does play harder on his circuit. But if you want to use Kasongo as an example, letís talk about him. How he switched from school to school and never got to play at any school he went to. He wasnít very skilled either. I am happy Trey is getting more eye balls towards the mountains, because hopefully that helps my future kids somewhere down the line (not even born yet). But to say he has a chance of going pro, come on.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:02 AM
2nd String
Liked 128 Times in 86 Posts
IntheZone is on a distinguished road
Professional does not mean NBA. People are making nice livings over seas. Play 12 years in Italy and not have to work another day in you life. It all depends on work ethic in those situations and Trey has just that. Sky is the limit for this kid.
CardinalAlum (08-02-2020), jetpilot (08-02-2020), Milkcrate52 (08-02-2020), Ralph Furley (08-06-2020), UKisN1 (08-02-2020)
Send a private message to IntheZone Add IntheZone to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:26 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 41 Times in 38 Posts
JustThinking is on a distinguished road
Congratulations young man. If Coach P. and former Coach at Wake thinks he can play. I would think they know what they want in their program. Coach P will develop him and he will become the best player he can. Good Luck. Hope to make it over to watch him this year.
Send a private message to JustThinking Add JustThinking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:01 AM
Scout Team
Liked 121 Times in 52 Posts
J. R. VanHoose is on a distinguished road
Speaking on behalf of all kids who tend to be put down... Wink and Milk, you two should grow up and act like mature adults. Getting on here to bash a kid, his ability to play and skill level is beyond childish.

Trey has put in a lot of hard work over the years to achieve his accomplishments, and for the two of you to bash him in a public chat room standing behind anonymous names is cowardly. Trey is a great kid and does not deserve the trash you two have spilled from your keyboards on here. I think he has great potential to prove himself at the collegiate level and beyond. What he wants to accomplish will be up to him and his work ethic. He has in fact accomplished a huge goal already by being among the tiny percentage (just 1%) of high school basketball players to receive a scholarship to play at the Division I level, something Iím sure the two of you did not accomplish. I say, the two of you should lay off the kid and give him a break. We canít predict his future but I can tell you this, from what Iíve seen he has the ability to accomplish what you two believe he canít.
BallFan1952 (08-03-2020), CardinalAlum (08-02-2020), UKisN1 (08-02-2020)
Send a private message to J. R. VanHoose Add J. R. VanHoose to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:32 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
I respect your opinion Mr Vanhoose, I do. Iím not bashing the kid. Iíve met Trey, I know he is a very kind hearted young man. Iíve told him my thoughts of his game to him. He understands where Iím coming from. It is a basketball opinion. You have yours, and I have mine. I just think the idea Trey can go pro, is very far fetched. I even said I hope he gets to play for Iona and Iím glad heís getting eyeballs towards the mountains.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Statistician
Not bashing the kid just stating an opinion. Had to listen to all this hype with his brother and it will end the same way. Compared to Justin Johnson, he is not even in the same gym. JJ cannot even get a look in the NBA. He had a decent college career. Just because someone expresses a different opinion, does not give other so called grown ups on here the right to call them a “turd in a pouch bowl”. As far as giving a break, prove the ability. As fas as the AAU circuit, that stuff is a joke.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:11 PM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Captain_44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Captain_44
Originally Posted by eky.sports.fan View Post
I think thats a great landing spot for Trey - he wont have the pressure of a high level D1 program, should be able to play right away and will be developed by Coach Pitino; he will be the best player he can be and should have a great chance to play professionally.
Professionally? He's still young. I didn't get my same tools I would suggest he needs improvement till I was 24 and that's a basketball opinion. I was 6'9 too. Let him develop first. Let's enjoy the fact a mountain kid gets to play D1 at any level.
Send a private message to Captain_44 Add Captain_44 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:28 AM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
BillSelf is on a distinguished road
We may as well change the name of the site.

ďRivalsĒ is too strong of a word.

If you post an opinion (which is what forums are for), youíre automatically dogging a kid, coach or team.

Good lord, quit being so dagone soft.
ky playmaker (08-08-2020)
Send a private message to BillSelf Add BillSelf to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Originally Posted by BillSelf View Post
We may as well change the name of the site.

ďRivalsĒ is too strong of a word.

If you post an opinion (which is what forums are for), youíre automatically dogging a kid, coach or team.

Good lord, quit being so dagone soft.
The one's that do it on here aka wink he clearly has a personal vendetta against MC and the James family for what ever reason
Send a private message to CardinalAlum Add CardinalAlum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:17 AM
Subscribe to my YouTube.

Liked 2,279 Times in 1,564 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
The Martin County vs. Belfry games will be Dunk City this year.
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:07 PM
2nd String
Liked 51 Times in 45 Posts
Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Congrats Trey. Big grab for Iona!!
Send a private message to Wolverine Add Wolverine to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:27 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mcfan2000 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Trey....Very humble young man who will continue to improve the next 5 years...The sky is the limit for him..
Send a private message to mcfan2000 Add mcfan2000 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:05 PM
Statistician
Nothing personal. Just stating my opinion. Here is another one: Pitino will not be there 4 years.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:02 PM
Statistician
Question: Tell me one kid from eastern Kentucky other than Justin Johnson that is playing professionally over seas?
Old 08-05-2020, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by WinkWinkler View Post
Question: Tell me one kid from eastern Kentucky other than Justin Johnson that is playing professionally over seas?
Cameron Justice is playing somewhere.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
CatsFan2.0 is on a distinguished road
JaySean Paige played at Perry in 2012 heís in the nba g league
Send a private message to CatsFan2.0 Add CatsFan2.0 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:22 PM
Statistician
JaySean Paige is not an Eastern Kentucky kid
Old 08-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
CatsFan2.0 is on a distinguished road
Braxton Beverley will without a doubt play pro ball some where
Send a private message to CatsFan2.0 Add CatsFan2.0 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball