Rate This Thread - Who's Next ?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM
Starter
Liked 66 Times in 65 Posts
The Urban Sombrero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
You know, correct interpretation of Scripture is not subject to nuance either. God says what He means exactly, and though understanding that meaning is achieved largely via the gift of The Holy Spirit, said meaning is still singular and applicable to all. There is only one interpretation so you can drop the pretense, just acting above it all doesn't quite deliver for anyone worth impressing professor Corey.

To the bolded. You can't demonstrate that position from anything in the Old Testament, because as we've gone over time and again on here, Israel was much of the time a Theocracy. God's plan. And even during the times she was ruled by Kings, deference was given to the Church and/or the Prophets by those Kings. God's attitude is the same timelessly;
Hebrews 13:8 (KJV)
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

In the New Testament God has clearly revealed His plan to govern men here on this earth with exacting precision and inflexible control.
Revelation 19:14-15 (KJV)
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

When the Lord rules on this earth during the Millennium, government will certainly not stand apart from His authority, nor will it be in any way empowered outside of His good graces. I doubt sincerely He would be okay with giving men full rein to do as they think right in His absence. Remember the standard set by the parable of the talents? In short you can keep coming at this thing from all 360 degrees or until you turn blue for your efforts. The concept of separation of Church and State cannot be substantiated anywhere in Scripture. And though I agree that at present it seems that man is getting by with doing things his way, he will nonetheless suffer judgment for his defiance. And let's face it, man's effort to govern himself apart from Godly principles certainly hasn't worked out so well to date now has it?
If you believe the Papacy joined to civil government turned out better than the separation of church and state practiced in this nation, that's your wart to wear.

I return to this: TRT goes to the church of his choice, at the time of his choice, reads the translation of Scripture of his choice, eats fried chicken at the homecomings of his choice, criticizes ad nauseum the government and liberals and Republicans who do not share his vision for America, and more, ALL without interference. Congratulations, TRT, it seems separation of church and state has allowed you to freely and unhindered exercise your faith and bless us all with your lengthy diatribes.

The best form of government is a benevolent autocracy. I believe Christ to be a benevolent autocrat. At present, that autocrat is at the right hand of the Father. That will change. We can agree on that.
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 923 Times in 762 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
If you believe the Papacy joined to civil government turned out better than the separation of church and state practiced in this nation, that's your wart to wear.

I return to this: TRT goes to the church of his choice, at the time of his choice, reads the translation of Scripture of his choice, eats fried chicken at the homecomings of his choice, criticizes ad nauseum the government and liberals and Republicans who do not share his vision for America, and more, ALL without interference. Congratulations, TRT, it seems separation of church and state has allowed you to freely and unhindered exercise your faith and bless us all with your lengthy diatribes.

The best form of government is a benevolent autocracy. I believe Christ to be a benevolent autocrat. At present, that autocrat is at the right hand of the Father. That will change. We can agree on that.

No now the big put-on doesn't quite work when you try to outflank even your own argument. In other words professor Corey already came and went on this matter. And he said though in ambiguous terms, in your opinion this version of US government is God ordained. Said version BTW, is by recent definition as understood under a distorted interpretation of the concept of the separation of Church and State, to reject by any and all means any influence of Godly awareness whatever.

I offered Scriptural evidence which proves that notion to be inconsistent with God's character and stated intentions. The Lord does not sanction abortion on demand, nor does He wink therefore when any government ordained of Him decides to legalize homosexual relationships. Nor does He share your views that it's okay for men in government to embrace within their policies the destructive 'nuances' of sin.
Old Today, 12:40 AM
Starter
Liked 66 Times in 65 Posts
The Urban Sombrero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
No now the big put-on doesn't quite work when you try to outflank even your own argument. In other words professor Corey already came and went on this matter. And he said though in ambiguous terms, in your opinion this version of US government is God ordained. Said version BTW, is by recent definition as understood under a distorted interpretation of the concept of the separation of Church and State, to reject by any and all means any influence of Godly awareness whatever.

I offered Scriptural evidence which proves that notion to be inconsistent with God's character and stated intentions. The Lord does not sanction abortion on demand, nor does He wink therefore when any government ordained of Him decides to legalize homosexual relationships. Nor does He share your views that it's okay for men in government to embrace within their policies the destructive 'nuances' of sin.
I think you sincerely believe that.
To embrace equal protection under the law is not to embrace what people might choose under its protection. That's a ridiculous thing to assert.
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:35 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 923 Times in 762 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
I think you sincerely believe that.
To embrace equal protection under the law is not to embrace what people might choose under its protection. That's a ridiculous thing to assert.

And to deny there are clear Constitutionally designed limits placed on the scope and function of the federal government is liberal subterfuge. Thusly in the above ^^, have we exhausted your ability to in any way refute my legitimate observation.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events