View Poll Results: What do you think of Lance Armstrong?
He's a cheater 3 25.00%
He's innocent 5 41.67%
Not really sure 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Rate This Thread - Lance Armstrong - What do you think?.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-25-2012, 07:03 PM
vundy33's Avatar
vundy33 vundy33 is offline
BGR Staff


Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 7,964
Likes: 2,702
Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
vundy33 has a spectacular aura aboutvundy33 has a spectacular aura about
Default Lance Armstrong - What do you think?
[I'm using the General Discussion board for this thread because I'm asking for an opinion, and because hardly anyone ever visits the "All other sports" board, lol.]


http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/23/sp...ion/index.html


So what do you think? Do you think Lance Armstrong cheated and used Performance-Enhancing Drugs, or do you think he's innocent? What say you?
Send a private message to vundy33 Add vundy33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 08-25-2012, 07:14 PM
LWC's Avatar
LWC LWC is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firmly in the grace of God
Posts: 13,630
Likes: 4,790
Liked 1,017 Times in 793 Posts
LWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the rough
Default
He is a cheater.

Allow me to elaborate though. Cycling, at least was, the dirtiest popular sport in history at that time. For a person to not just win one, but win SEVEN Tour de France titles, when almost, if not every, other winner was found guilty of steroid or HGH use.

However, Lance also won 5 Tour's AFTER he had testicular cancer. Once a person has testicle cancer that spreads throughout the body, beats it, and then comes back to win even one title, is still pretty sensational in my book.

I do not want to take away his biggest accomplishment: LiveStrong has raised over $320 million dollars for cancer research.
__________________
Send a private message to LWC Add LWC to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 PM
OffTheHook's Avatar
OffTheHook OffTheHook is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: RIGHT ABOVE YOU !!!!!!!
Posts: 11,993
Likes: 366
Liked 913 Times in 646 Posts
OffTheHook has a spectacular aura aboutOffTheHook has a spectacular aura about
Default
All of his team mates from that time period and all the other guys that competed against him or won the TDF have tested positive. So what's that tell ya.


Honestly...I could care less.

The man has raised more money himself for the research of cancer than anyone on the face of the planet!
__________________

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Likes: (1)
shelbyvalley02 (08-31-2012)
Send a private message to OffTheHook Add OffTheHook to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Spud6's Avatar
Spud6 Spud6 is online now
Moderator


Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big EKY
Posts: 14,829
Likes: 428
Liked 888 Times in 699 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Default
I don't think he did.
__________________
#BBFL
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 PM
RunItUpTheGut's Avatar
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
RETIRED


Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Corbin
Posts: 28,421
Likes: 6,979
Liked 8,018 Times in 5,549 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default
It's cycling and to be quite honest i really dont care.

So what if he used, ive still yet to hear them have proof that he did, and if he did, i still dont care lol.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
OffTheHook's Avatar
OffTheHook OffTheHook is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: RIGHT ABOVE YOU !!!!!!!
Posts: 11,993
Likes: 366
Liked 913 Times in 646 Posts
OffTheHook has a spectacular aura aboutOffTheHook has a spectacular aura about
Default
^
__________________

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Send a private message to OffTheHook Add OffTheHook to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:26 PM
vundy33's Avatar
vundy33 vundy33 is offline
BGR Staff


Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 7,964
Likes: 2,702
Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
vundy33 has a spectacular aura aboutvundy33 has a spectacular aura about
Default
I agree with most of you all. I think he cheated, but it really doesn't matter to me. He's one of the few people to raise this much money for a cause, and that offsets him juicing to me. I look at it quite differently than baseball.
Likes: (1)
Stardust (08-26-2012)
Send a private message to vundy33 Add vundy33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Mr. Pike Central's Avatar
Mr. Pike Central Mr. Pike Central is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pikeville
Posts: 7,951
Likes: 154
Liked 658 Times in 532 Posts
Mr. Pike Central will become famous soon enoughMr. Pike Central will become famous soon enough
Default
If he dropped his fight, then it means that he's guilty.
Likes: (1)
judgementday (08-26-2012)
Send a private message to Mr. Pike Central Add Mr. Pike Central to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:23 AM
MustangSally's Avatar
MustangSally MustangSally is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Campbell Co
Posts: 341
Likes: 138
Liked 105 Times in 68 Posts
MustangSally is on a distinguished road
Default
Could careless in fact I couldn't care if they made these types of drugs legal for everyone
Send a private message to MustangSally Add MustangSally to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:50 AM
LWC's Avatar
LWC LWC is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firmly in the grace of God
Posts: 13,630
Likes: 4,790
Liked 1,017 Times in 793 Posts
LWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the rough
Default
If this was a court case, his verdict would be No contest.
__________________
Likes: (1)
Stardust (08-26-2012)
Send a private message to LWC Add LWC to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Stardust's Avatar
Stardust Stardust is offline
This is my favorite pastime



Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 星灰塵挑戰你使用你的腦子
Posts: 154,141
Likes: 3,617
Liked 4,649 Times in 3,195 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
Default
I completely am in agreement with LWC!

I truly believe that he used PEDs. I'm a fan of Lance, actually Lance is an inspiration to me personally! To go through what he did, staring potential death in the face, and then using whatever means available to him to conquer it and find a way to compete at a world class level is exemplary IMO! That said, I do believe he is guilty of using PEDs, which is illegal in the sport of cycling, thus, he cheated to gain an edge! I throw out all of the "He never failed a drug test after a TDF", that does not make him innocent, only Not-Guilty" OJ was Not-Guilty, but not innocent! Same can be said of Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens!

I don't think I was ever convinced that he was guilty, but I was completely convinced when he said "No-Mas"! Roger Clemens was willing to use every means possible to WIN, which we all know - you show the $$$, you win!. Lance is a rich, rich man, and a trial to save grace would have been well within his means! To not exhaust those means to save not just his reputation, but the reputation of his sponsors, and a whole class of people - Cancer Victims - was enough to tell me, HE USED!

That said, I pray that the man can still use his resources and his name to SAVE the lives of future cancer victims. Honestly, my like for him has not wavered because of this! If he can save one more life, he will have done more than most human beings on this life, thus I pray for his success!
__________________
Likes: (2)
Granny Bear (08-27-2012), LWC (08-27-2012)
Send a private message to Stardust Add Stardust to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-26-2012, 04:34 PM
nky's Avatar
nky nky is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
Posts: 6,707
Likes: 330
Liked 1,140 Times in 796 Posts
nky is on a distinguished road
Default
He's been fighting this since 1996. When do you say enough is enough? Yes there was a lot of smoke and circumstantial evidence but you either have the goods or not.
Send a private message to nky Add nky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-26-2012, 05:47 PM
judgementday's Avatar
judgementday judgementday is offline
Head Coach

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Судья является у
Posts: 3,356
Likes: 186
Liked 355 Times in 272 Posts
judgementday is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by nky View Post
He's been fighting this since 1996. When do you say enough is enough? Yes there was a lot of smoke and circumstantial evidence but you either have the goods or not.
If you are innocent, you fight it til the end...
Send a private message to judgementday Add judgementday to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
OffTheHook's Avatar
OffTheHook OffTheHook is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: RIGHT ABOVE YOU !!!!!!!
Posts: 11,993
Likes: 366
Liked 913 Times in 646 Posts
OffTheHook has a spectacular aura aboutOffTheHook has a spectacular aura about
Default
^Roger Clemens!!!
__________________

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Send a private message to OffTheHook Add OffTheHook to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Westside's Avatar
Westside Westside is online now
All BlueGrass Rivals



Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BOBCAT BOULEVARD
Posts: 11,576
Likes: 2,494
Liked 1,271 Times in 884 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default
I think he used ped's but it's a bicycle race. It's not like it's a real sport. Who cares.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM
vundy33's Avatar
vundy33 vundy33 is offline
BGR Staff


Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 7,964
Likes: 2,702
Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
vundy33 has a spectacular aura aboutvundy33 has a spectacular aura about
Default
Really man? You couldn't come close to doing a quarter of what these guys do. No need to try to discredit a sport just because you don't like it.

The main reason I created the thread was because of the guy's reputation, and to gauge what people think of all he's done to help people despite cheating. Not because of cycling.
Send a private message to vundy33 Add vundy33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-28-2012, 02:24 PM
nky's Avatar
nky nky is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
Posts: 6,707
Likes: 330
Liked 1,140 Times in 796 Posts
nky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Westside View Post
I think he used ped's but it's a bicycle race. It's not like it's a real sport. Who cares.
What makes a sport anyway?
Send a private message to nky Add nky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 AM
WideMiddle03 WideMiddle03 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 646
Likes: 30
Liked 64 Times in 46 Posts
WideMiddle03 is on a distinguished road
Default
i agree with everybody he has done too much for cancer research but they won't remember the good things about his career only the bad
Send a private message to WideMiddle03 Add WideMiddle03 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Westside's Avatar
Westside Westside is online now
All BlueGrass Rivals



Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BOBCAT BOULEVARD
Posts: 11,576
Likes: 2,494
Liked 1,271 Times in 884 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by vundy33 View Post
Really man? You couldn't come close to doing a quarter of what these guys do. No need to try to discredit a sport just because you don't like it.

The main reason I created the thread was because of the guy's reputation, and to gauge what people think of all he's done to help people despite cheating. Not because of cycling.
I never said I could do a fraction of what they do, but I still don't consider it a sport. You have your opinion and I have mine. That's what this site is about.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Westside's Avatar
Westside Westside is online now
All BlueGrass Rivals



Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BOBCAT BOULEVARD
Posts: 11,576
Likes: 2,494
Liked 1,271 Times in 884 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by nky View Post
What makes a sport anyway?
I think that's a subjective question. Ask 5 different people and you'll probably get 5 different answers.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:26 PM
vundy33's Avatar
vundy33 vundy33 is offline
BGR Staff


Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 7,964
Likes: 2,702
Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
vundy33 has a spectacular aura aboutvundy33 has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Westside View Post
I never said I could do a fraction of what they do, but I still don't consider it a sport. You have your opinion and I have mine. That's what this site is about.
I agree. But if you're going to hate on something, at least give us a reason to discuss.
Send a private message to vundy33 Add vundy33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-31-2012, 05:53 AM
Westside's Avatar
Westside Westside is online now
All BlueGrass Rivals



Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BOBCAT BOULEVARD
Posts: 11,576
Likes: 2,494
Liked 1,271 Times in 884 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by vundy33 View Post
I agree. But if you're going to hate on something, at least give us a reason to discuss.
Vundy, I'm not hating on anybody or anything. I just don't consider cycling a sport. I've never had any interest in it.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Football24's Avatar
Football24 Football24 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 213
Likes: 18
Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Football24 is on a distinguished road
Default
Innocent.
Send a private message to Football24 Add Football24 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Ballers's Avatar
Ballers Ballers is offline
Retired

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,015
Likes: 1,027
Liked 635 Times in 493 Posts
Ballers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ballers
Default
if they took his tour de france victories away id be tied with him in wins there.
that's all i know.
Send a private message to Ballers Add Ballers to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-03-2012, 05:47 PM
toussaints's Avatar
toussaints toussaints is offline
State Champion

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: FALCON PUNCH!!!
Posts: 3,767
Likes: 405
Liked 976 Times in 643 Posts
toussaints is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by vundy33 View Post
So what do you think? Do you think Lance Armstrong cheated and used Performance-Enhancing Drugs, or do you think he's innocent? What say you?
I think he's innocent, he can't afford to keep fighting the allegations financially and any cyclist that wins the Tour de France multiple times will be accused of cheating.
Send a private message to toussaints Add toussaints to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 AM
Ballers's Avatar
Ballers Ballers is offline
Retired

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,015
Likes: 1,027
Liked 635 Times in 493 Posts
Ballers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ballers
Default
Well, you would think after all the workouts and what not he does he'd be big as a house while also abusing those substances.

So I think he may be innocent.
Send a private message to Ballers Add Ballers to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » General Discussions

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.