Rate This Thread - Next Coach at Pikeville High School?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Head Coach
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Liked 704 Times in 287 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
Realistic is one of them has applied. That being the guy with 3 rings. The others might be willing to come as assistants. A big might, but just maybe.
BTW, why wait until March when you can get it done now?
From what Ive been told is he has applied but will not get interviewed for whatever reason. As far as the march thing is concerned I have no idea why he wants to wait unless he wants to wait till after B-ball district tournament that would be the only thing I could think of.
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
hillbilly is on a distinguished road
I hope that they do the interviews this week. The process will have to take place later in the week because ABC and Dianne Sawyer are at the grade and high school today doing a show on education and the high performing schools.
Send a private message to hillbilly Add hillbilly to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-12-2008, 04:38 AM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I hope that they do the interviews this week. The process will have to take place later in the week because ABC and Dianne Sawyer are at the grade and high school today doing a show on education and the high performing schools.
Well maybe if they hire the the coach Diane can make the announcement on Good Morning America tommorow. LOL!
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
M Roberts is on a distinguished road
I have been an asst. at Pikeville for three years now and have gotten to know the kids pretty good. It seems that there is alot of excitement right now by returning players and from prospective players. A big part of that excitement has been generated by Coach Copley and his continued work ethic through this process. I commend him on keeping his nose to the grindstone. He could have quit doing everything that he has been doing, because he doesn't know if he is going to get the Head Coaches job or not. This is classy and shows alot of character. It proves one thing- he has the kids interest at heart.
Send a private message to M Roberts Add M Roberts to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by M Roberts View Post
I have been an asst. at Pikeville for three years now and have gotten to know the kids pretty good. It seems that there is alot of excitement right now by returning players and from prospective players. A big part of that excitement has been generated by Coach Copley and his continued work ethic through this process. I commend him on keeping his nose to the grindstone. He could have quit doing everything that he has been doing, because he doesn't know if he is going to get the Head Coaches job or not. This is classy and shows alot of character. It proves one thing- he has the kids interest at heart.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
3Cat is on a distinguished road
Thats his job until july 1st, as is yours if your are a paid assistant.Your obligations do not end at the conclusion of your season. Thats great that the kids are working out like so many other teams in the state but its what your staff should be doing to fullfill you duties as assistant coaches. Question to you who coaches that does not have the kids interest at heart. I have no problem if you on here to support copley for the head job, just come out and support him. Stop acting like he is doing something different than most other coaches and programs are doing in there offseason programs.

Last edited by Beef; 02-13-2008 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote
Send a private message to 3Cat Add 3Cat to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-13-2008, 02:35 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,451 Times in 1,439 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 3Cat View Post
Thats his job until july 1st, as is yours if your are a paid assistant.Your obligations do not end at the conclusion of your season. Thats great that the kids are working out like so many other teams in the state but its what your staff should be doing to fullfill you duties as assistant coaches. Question to you who coaches that does not have the kids interest at heart. I have no problem if you on here to support copley for the head job, just come out and support him. Stop acting like he is doing something different than most other coaches and programs are doing in there offseason programs.

Last edited by Beef; 02-13-2008 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
M Roberts is on a distinguished road
His is now performing the duties of the Head Coach, even though his title is an Asst. Coach. There is alot more to offseason than just lifting. My point was that he is taking on the resposibilities outside of his normal job description and should be handed some credit. If you are a Pikeville Football supporter I would think you could appreciate this also.
I'm not going to get into a discussion about what he should or shouldn't be doing, it would be pointless.
Send a private message to M Roberts Add M Roberts to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Head Coach
Really? Thats interesting. Why then in 2005 after Mac had stepped down and we didnt have a coach yet didnt the three other assistant coaches step up and do their "jobs" and help with spring practice? They were still paid assistant coahes and were still emplyeed by the school but Coach Allara had to come in and run it that year? I can guarantee this if we still havent found a coach by the time spring practice rolls around ( LORD lets all pray that isnt the case) that Copely, Gravy, Roberts, Wheeler, Matt and Paul will be there running it. So the point Im trying to make is that not everybody here in the past has been willing to do what Copely and the rest of this staff is doing whether its their job or not so dont trvialize it.

Last edited by HAIL PIKEVILLE!; 02-13-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Capt. DH is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been quiet for too long. Copley is doing the exact opposite from what the coaches at Pikeville did before Jackson was hired. That is the right thing. Instead of pouting and saying if I don't get this job then the heck with them. I am not doing anything I am not getting paid for. A big slap on the back needs to go out to Coach Copley for going above and beyond his duties. If the other assistants are contributing during the off season then a big shout out needs to go to them as well. How have the interviews gone this week?
Send a private message to Capt. DH Add Capt. DH to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Ninja

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
ComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the rough
This thread is about the next coach at Pikeville High School. It is not about the previous coaches or coaching staffs and whether they performed to each of your satisfactions or not.

This is about the NEXT coach at PHS and not what was wrong with the past coaches. Most of these men are still in Pike County, working and trying to make a living, so you all need to be considerate and back off when talking about a man's livelihood and career.

This thread is very close to being closed and no other discussion allowed until a coach is actually picked.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jason Howell is on a distinguished road
Capt. DH......

What are you trying to say? Were you there when McNamee left? Do you have any clue what you are talking about? Coach Salyer, Coach Priode, Coach Wheeler and myself were there with those players every single day. Bill Allara was asked to come-in for the spring session because Coach Salyer and myself had each applied for the job.....not because there was petty in-fighting amongst anyone. He was there to offer unbiased guidance.

No one pouted.... I actually applied for my current position before Coach McNamee resigned.

Get your facts straight before you blast your mouth off!

IN OTHER WORDS..... KEEP YOUR MOUTH OFF OF ME AND MY FRIENDS!!
Send a private message to Jason Howell Add Jason Howell to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Starter

Liked 100 Times in 60 Posts
PHS95 will become famous soon enough
I personally think that this has turned into too much of a bashing session of previous coaches which is ridiculous.... as comfort eagle said, consider people's livelihoods!
Send a private message to PHS95 Add PHS95 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Head Coach
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
IRISH4 will become famous soon enough
Who has officially been interviewed for the vacancy?
Send a private message to IRISH4 Add IRISH4 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hammertime is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as I know, no one has been interviewed yet. I thought that the interviews were this week and I have heard nothing about them.
Send a private message to hammertime Add hammertime to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ukbadmammajamma is an unknown quantity at this point
FYI Coaches are hired and paid for a school year, no matter what the sport, when their season occurs-July 1-June 30.
Send a private message to ukbadmammajamma Add ukbadmammajamma to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vgaacalj is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by IRISH4 View Post
Who has officially been interviewed for the vacancy?
There are no interviews this week, these will start next week.
Send a private message to vgaacalj Add vgaacalj to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Head Coach
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
IRISH4 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by vgaacalj View Post
There are no interviews this week, these will start next week.

I thought in an earlier post that someone stated that the interview process would begin this week.....thanks for the correction though. Hopefully they will pick the best person for the job.
Send a private message to IRISH4 Add IRISH4 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
hillbilly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by IRISH4 View Post
I thought in an earlier post that someone stated that the interview process would begin this week.....thanks for the correction though. Hopefully they will pick the best person for the job.
The interviews will be next week. ABC was around school this week doing some filming in the school. Five will be interviewed.
Send a private message to hillbilly Add hillbilly to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
FOX SPORTS is a jewel in the roughFOX SPORTS is a jewel in the roughFOX SPORTS is a jewel in the roughFOX SPORTS is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
The interviews will be next week. ABC was around school this week doing some filming in the school. Five will be interviewed.
No they weren't---postponed their trip due to the weather...they got stuck in Lexington.
Send a private message to FOX SPORTS Add FOX SPORTS to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 02-15-2008, 02:25 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
FOX SPORTS is a jewel in the roughFOX SPORTS is a jewel in the roughFOX SPORTS is a jewel in the roughFOX SPORTS is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jason Howell View Post
Capt. DH......

What are you trying to say? Were you there when McNamee left? Do you have any clue what you are talking about? Coach Salyer, Coach Priode, Coach Wheeler and myself were there with those players every single day. Bill Allara was asked to come-in for the spring session because Coach Salyer and myself had each applied for the job.....not because there was petty in-fighting amongst anyone. He was there to offer unbiased guidance.

No one pouted.... I actually applied for my current position before Coach McNamee resigned.

Get your facts straight before you blast your mouth off!

IN OTHER WORDS..... KEEP YOUR MOUTH OFF OF ME AND MY FRIENDS!!
This is a good place for this thread to end.
Someone can open a new one with the focus being on whom the NEXT coach will be and not past coaches.

Closed
Send a private message to FOX SPORTS Add FOX SPORTS to Your Contacts Top of page

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Classic BlueGrassRivals