Rate This Thread - Thoughts On Tua Tagovailoa Declaring For NFL Drft?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-06-2020, 10:37 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,693 Times in 1,150 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts On Tua Tagovailoa Declaring For NFL Drft?
So, Bama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has declared for the upcoming NFL.draft. What are your thoughts on him declaring for the draft? Would you have done the same if you were in his shoes? If you were an NFL team, would you risk a draft pick in him? If so, how high would you draft him?

THE ROAD WARRIORS
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 05-02-2020, 12:25 AM
2nd String
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
JokersWild24 is on a distinguished road
I would have done the same if I were him. Teams were willing to take him in the Top 10 and I don't know if his stock could have gone much higher given the risk that would come with his going back (re-injury, not performing as well, losing a year of earning potential, the season being cancelled or abbreviated).

I like the pick if I'm in the shoes of the Dolphins, as they have plenty of draft capital to put pieces around him, and they've possibly got another year of tanking where he can begin the season with the clipboard and ease into the role as he heals and progresses.

I don't like him as the pick for most of the teams with early picks though, at least insofar as I wouldn't want to invest so much in a quarterback with his injury-profile unless I had a solid offensive line and run game to eliminate the need for him to be as exposed on drop backs and/or to have some decent weapons at the skill positions to help make his life easier. For instance, if I'm the Bengals and I had the #2 pick and Burrow was gone, I don't know that I'd touch him.
Send a private message to JokersWild24 Add JokersWild24 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:29 AM
2nd String
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
JokersWild24 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Westside View Post
So, Bama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has declared for the upcoming NFL.draft. What are your thoughts on him declaring for the draft? Would you have done the same if you were in his shoes? If you were an NFL team, would you risk a draft pick in him? If so, how high would you draft him?

Just noticed that you posted this in January. Would change the above about the coronavirus but otherwise, it's pretty much the same.
Send a private message to JokersWild24 Add JokersWild24 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:57 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tyler1 is on a distinguished road
I think he is a bust
Send a private message to Tyler1 Add Tyler1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 1,263 Times in 885 Posts
Spirit100 is on a distinguished road
He won't get the level of protection and be able to get away with the mobility he had and risks he took against SEC talent. If he can stay healthy after a couple years he may do well with the right fit.

I worry about him thinking he can run in the NFL like he did in college and that dog simply doesn't hunt in the NFL with all its speed at every position. Time will tell! That big family needs for him to be successful. I hope he does well.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Send a private message to Spirit100 Add Spirit100 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » College Sports » Football