Rate This Thread - Rasmussen has McConnell up 8%.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:00 PM
MOD

Liked 7,951 Times in 5,494 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default Rasmussen has McConnell up 8%
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...entucky_senate
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:33 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,389 Times in 970 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
I'm amazed it could be that close.
Harry Rex Vonner (10-20-2014)
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:18 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 999 Times in 834 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
^^ The liars for hire and political hacks of the left are out in force on the Monday morning talk shows. The confident claim is that the Dems will hold the Senate, an obvious propaganda ploy. I can't see how it's within 8 points either and I never believed the 3 point spread given by RCP. All that I take from that is Mitch is far enough ahead so that his lead cannot be equivocated away completely by the talking heads.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:38 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 1,017 Times in 793 Posts
LWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the rough
I think the reason it is close is because that a lot of independent voters are fed up with the establishment. The question they have to ask themselves is, "Is Allison part of the establishment or will she fight Washington".

Personally, I think they are both terrible BUT the fact that McConnell has a chance, whether small or large, of being the Senate Majority Leader, is a BIG deal for Kentucky. That is why my vote will be cast for him.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of either. Because of my relative non-partisanship I can relate to a lot of people who are picking the lesser of two evils or just want the non-incumbent.
Send a private message to LWC Add LWC to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:47 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
RASMUSSEN---

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has crossed the 50% mark now in his bid for reelection in Kentucky.

The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey of Likely Kentucky Voters finds McConnell with 52% support to Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes’ 44%.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/cont...a=Submit+Query

5 days to go.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Berea

Liked 609 Times in 478 Posts
TheRealVille is on a distinguished road
I'm glad republicans are hanging their hat on a republican poll that shows Mitch up by 8 points, when about all other polls show a much closer race.
tvtimeout (10-31-2014)
Send a private message to TheRealVille Add TheRealVille to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:06 PM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TheRealVille View Post
I'm glad republicans are hanging their hat on a republican poll that shows Mitch up by 8 points, when about all other polls show a much closer race.
The cbs poll that just came out has extended McConnells lead as well. They now have him up 6 points.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
The cbs poll that just came out has extended McConnells lead as well. They now have him up 6 points.
Ah CBS, another one of those dad gummed right winger republican biased network polls.

Just thought I would add a little humor to the thread.
Panther Thunder (11-03-2014), RunItUpTheGut (10-30-2014), tvtimeout (10-31-2014)
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Just curious, what are the numbers on the Bluegrass Poll , right now? That's pretty much a liberal biased poll, isn't it?
Old 10-30-2014, 10:07 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
Just curious, what are the numbers on the Bluegrass Poll , right now? That's pretty much a liberal biased poll, isn't it?

It's a joke. Looking at the Real Clear Politics average of polls reveals a lot about the politicalization of our system of supposed unbiased polling. Rasmussen has McConnell up 8, CBS News has him up 6. The C-J has him up 1, Western Ky University has him up 3 and FOX has him up 4. Throwing out the blatantly obvious outlier here and retaining the merely obvious (WKY), and his average is 5.1. On a personal level, I haven't run across many who say they will vote for Alison.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Head Coach
Liked 556 Times in 397 Posts
Harry Rex Vonner will become famous soon enoughHarry Rex Vonner will become famous soon enough
The media refers to the Bluegrass Poll because it is the only one that supports its candidate.
Send a private message to Harry Rex Vonner Add Harry Rex Vonner to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:31 PM
MOD

If you take the obvious liberal bluegrass poll, Mitch is actually out of the margin of error.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:13 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Result of the final Bluegrass poll, 48% McConnell to 43% Grimes.

"Jennifer Duffy, senior editor at the Cook Political Report, said the Bluegrass Poll results are in line with other polling she's seen in recent days. She said that if the polling is accurate, Grimes has a difficult climb.

"I think its hard to come back from 5 points," she said. "When you're talking about a race like this, 5 points is a big number."

She said it's doubtful that a strong get-out-the-vote effort by Democrats could help Grimes. "A ground game is only good for 1 to 3 points."
http://www.courier-journal.com/story...imes/18144803/

I still don't believe it's anywhere near that close.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:57 PM
2nd String
Liked 56 Times in 49 Posts
tvtimeout is on a distinguished road
I agree please don't waste you time and vote TRT! Mitch has it hands down!
Send a private message to tvtimeout Add tvtimeout to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:57 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by tvtimeout View Post
I agree please don't waste you time and vote TRT! Mitch has it hands down!

Bothers you a lot that the good folks of Kentucky are not stupid enough to trade the Senate Majority Leader seat for a nobody, rubber stamp, Johnny-ette come lately huh?
I'll be up with the chickens and on my way down to the poll with my family in tow on election morning unless providentially hindered, there tvtime.

Yeah for the time being, the abortion on demand crowd and the gay rights crowd will just have to rely on activist judges to get their dirty work done.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:03 PM
MOD

I honestly don't understand the point of biased polls, in either direction.

Couldn't that backfire horribly?
One would think you would want to show your constituency being behind in the poll instead of ahead. You would think it would make more people get out and vote. Put them to far down though and people might see it as a lost cause.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:52 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
I honestly don't understand the point of biased polls, in either direction.

Couldn't that backfire horribly?
One would think you would want to show your constituency being behind in the poll instead of ahead. You would think it would make more people get out and vote. Put them to far down though and people might see it as a lost cause.

That's exactly what happens though, it can also mean that the far ahead candidate may see some of his supporters stay home if they think the lead is safe enough. Propped up poll results tend to create more enthusiasm and have the effect of artificially keeping the losing candidate in the race longer.

It's all manipulation. For example, if one were to change the formula of which unemployment percentages are calculated one month before a Presidential election, it has the same effect. Making things seem better than they are or, perhaps when necessary, worse. There was a good book on the subject published in 1954 By Darrell Huff entitled "How to Lie With Statistics"

A person just has to get past the point where they get their information from biased sources, like liberal websites, slanted polls or media outlets. These guys are pushing an ideology, not truth.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Hall of Fame

Location: A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
Liked 1,140 Times in 796 Posts
nky is on a distinguished road
If Kentucky votes Grimes into office. Not only is Kentucky going to be worse off but our country is doomed.
Bob Seger (10-31-2014), Smokey Hayes (11-01-2014)
Send a private message to nky Add nky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:03 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by nky View Post
If Kentucky votes Grimes into office. Not only is Kentucky going to be worse off but our country is doomed.

That's when you have to seriously consider moving somewhere like Texas.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Suspended
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Smokey Hayes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
That's when you have to seriously consider moving somewhere like Texas.
Move to Texas and either secede from the union or expel the northern blue states. While we're at it, we might as well annex part of our southern neighbor and bring its peasants the gift of economic and personal freedom and save them the trip north.
Send a private message to Smokey Hayes Add Smokey Hayes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Berea

Originally Posted by Smokey Hayes View Post
Move to Texas and either secede from the union or expel the northern blue states. While we're at it, we might as well annex part of our southern neighbor and bring its peasants the gift of economic and personal freedom and save them the trip north.
Welcome back, Hoot.
Send a private message to TheRealVille Add TheRealVille to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Suspended
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Welcome back, Hoot.
I am honored that after only a few posts that you think that I am the reincarnation of Hoot Gibson.

Does this mean that you plan to go back into hiding? I certainly hope not. I would miss the comic relief that you bring to the table.
Send a private message to Smokey Hayes Add Smokey Hayes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Berea

I am honored that after only a few posts that you think that I am the reincarnation of Hoot Gibson.

Does this mean that you plan to go back into hiding? I certainly hope not. I would miss the comic relief that you bring to the table.
Sure, you are Hoot. You are very easy to figure.

Like you went into hiding, by having Dusty suspend you?

Joined in November, and have a grasp on my comic status? LOL Hi, stalker Hoot, and welcome back, again.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Berea

^****, you get a suspension voluntarily, and I curse the admins all to **** and can't get banned. You are good.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Suspended
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Sure, you are Hoot. You are very easy to figure.

Like you went into hiding, by having Dusty suspend you?

Joined in November, and have a grasp on my comic status? LOL Hi, stalker Hoot, and welcome back, again.
That is quite an honor to be mentioned in the same breath as Hoot Gibson. As for my comic relief comment, it only took me a few minutes of reading your posts to figure out what your role is in this forum.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Berea

^Love yourself that much, huh? To be honored by yourself? Yea, since the stalker is back, I'll bow out. Cursing Midee to **** won't do it. This radical right wing hack site is a joke.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Suspended
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
^Love yourself that much, huh? To be honored by yourself? Yea, since the stalker is back, I'll bow out. Cursing Midee to **** won't do it. This radical right wing hack site is a joke.
You don't seem to be much interested in debating politics. It would probably be best if you did go. Don't let the door....

If all else fails, maybe you could start your own web site or buy one that somebody else has built.
TheRealThing (11-01-2014)
Old 11-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Berea

You don't seem to be much interested in debating politics. It would probably be best if you did go. Don't let the door....

If all else fails, maybe you could start your own web site or buy one that somebody else has built.
Proof positive. And btw, I still can't wait until I get to meet you face to face in Johnson co.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Suspended
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Proof positive. And btw, I still can't wait until I get to meet you face to face in Johnson co.
That sounds like a threat. Yet, you referred to me as a stalker? Why would anybody want to stalk you? How long have you had these feelings that somebody is out to get you?

If you are not interested in discussing politics, then why are you here? I am not qualified to provide counseling. Now, about the poll numbers - it's looking pretty bad for Democrats on Tuesday, don't you think?
Old 11-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Liked 74 Times in 48 Posts
Midee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Midee1

Cussing me doesn't bother me in the least. I've dealt with much worse in my many years on this rock.

If the site is such a joke feel free to leave. No one or nothing making you stay here.

If you want sincere political discussion you might want to find a political site to frequent and not a predominantly highschool sports site.

Last edited by Midee1; 11-01-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Send a private message to Midee1 Add Midee1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events