Rate This Thread - LCA vs Somerset - 11/15.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:16 PM
Starter
Liked 379 Times in 236 Posts
Willie Turnover is on a distinguished road
I know Coach Lucas has a great record without my input but if i was him, Grundy would have 45 touches on offense in this game. That kid is good!!!

Somerset 21 LCA 14 in Overtime.
Send a private message to Willie Turnover Add Willie Turnover to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Head Coach
Liked 536 Times in 337 Posts
MayfieldCardinal will become famous soon enough
Im guessing LCA here. The Bunnies are not as healthy and their schedule was not as strong and they seemed to struggle with a mediocre Corbin team and Hazard
Send a private message to MayfieldCardinal Add MayfieldCardinal to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:43 PM
Starter
Liked 610 Times in 322 Posts
Walt Longmire is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MayfieldCardinal View Post
Im guessing LCA here. The Bunnies are not as healthy and their schedule was not as strong and they seemed to struggle with a mediocre Corbin team and Hazard
Of course it isn't quite as simple as that. If you read anything about the Hazard game they lost their best running back in the first quarter on a horrific injury and had to deal with a bunch of, shall we say, questionable penalties. Even so they gutted out a win on the road.

Against Corbin, also on the road, they played without 3 starting offensive linemen. Those linemen are back now. Corbin doesn't have a sparkling record but they've lost their 4 games by a total of 20 points to 4 teams with a combined record of 32-11.

How much should we ding Mayfield for giving up 50 points against Madisonville-North Hopkins? That's only 2 less than they scored on Daviess County?
CowboyDad (11-14-2019), Elite Eagle (11-13-2019)
Send a private message to Walt Longmire Add Walt Longmire to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Statistician
Liked 80 Times in 55 Posts
Bull got out! is on a distinguished road
Good luck to Somerset, I thought they were a very good team. Hard to stop that QB connection to #7. He was a handful all night when we played. Great game. I wish both teams the best and a injury free game and leave it all on the field. Enjoy every minute of it.
Send a private message to Bull got out! Add Bull got out! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Head Coach
Liked 536 Times in 337 Posts
MayfieldCardinal will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Walt Longmire View Post
Of course it isn't quite as simple as that. If you read anything about the Hazard game they lost their best running back in the first quarter on a horrific injury and had to deal with a bunch of, shall we say, questionable penalties. Even so they gutted out a win on the road.

Against Corbin, also on the road, they played without 3 starting offensive linemen. Those linemen are back now. Corbin doesn't have a sparkling record but they've lost their 4 games by a total of 20 points to 4 teams with a combined record of 32-11.

How much should we ding Mayfield for giving up 50 points against Madisonville-North Hopkins? That's only 2 less than they scored on Daviess County?
Walter, key words in my post are the first 2 " Im guessing" I don't claim to have seen either play other than on videos. As for Mayfield giving up 50 points, great question, we arm chair QB's out west have been scratching our heads for the better part of the season but I think we finally have figured out part of it. I just do not believe they like playing defense. To a kid I think they just want to try and scrore I still think the Bunnies have played a much lighter schedule than Mayfield or LCA. The Bunnies played more non district 1A teams than Pikeville did and more 1A teams than LEX and May combined. To the bunnies credit they were not your average 1A teams but I still think the Lex Caths, Belfry's, McCrackens, Tilghmans, Madisionville's and Hoptowns are better title prep for a 2A team. Does not mean I am right but that is my thinking but there are lots of ways to look at it so I would not let it get under your hair like it seems to be doing. It is just my opinion, we all have one, if mine turns out to be wrong I have no problem giving congrats to whoever has the right one and we will look forward to trying it again next year til the next title comes. We win a few and lose a few but that next championship is never to far down the road
Send a private message to MayfieldCardinal Add MayfieldCardinal to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 84 Times in 72 Posts
Axel Foley is on a distinguished road
I think the Eagles win a squeaker 29-28.
Send a private message to Axel Foley Add Axel Foley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:35 PM
Water Boy
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Disciple of Leahy is on a distinguished road
Can someone confirm if Lake Cumberland Sports on FB will be streaming this game? Kickoff Time?

Thanks
Send a private message to Disciple of Leahy Add Disciple of Leahy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:06 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Eagle2009 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Disciple of Leahy View Post
Can someone confirm if Lake Cumberland Sports on FB will be streaming this game? Kickoff Time?

Thanks
It will be played on LCA athletics Facebook page on the LCA sports network
Send a private message to Eagle2009 Add Eagle2009 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:34 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,910 Times in 2,118 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Bunnies by 1. Should be a classic.
Frogs22 (11-14-2019)
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:01 AM
Head Coach
Liked 1,055 Times in 537 Posts
RoShamBo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Disciple of Leahy View Post

Thanks
Lake Cumberland Sports had bandwidth issues the last time they tried to do a live video stream at LCA. They will probably try to do it this Friday but no guarantee it will be successful this time around either.
Send a private message to RoShamBo Add RoShamBo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Statistician
Liked 38 Times in 32 Posts
Elite Eagle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Walt Longmire View Post

Send a private message to Elite Eagle Add Elite Eagle to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Starter
Liked 458 Times in 295 Posts
Cat Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
This is going to be another classic between the top two teams in 2A, in my opinion. It's unfortunate one of these two teams will not make it out of second round. This should be a state semi final match up, or even a state finals match up. I truly believe the winner of this game will be the favorite to win the title. Both teams are blessed with athletes and very good line play on both sides of the ball. Both have excellent quarterbacks, who hurt teams in different ways. At the end of the day, there can only be one team who advances and after flipping a quarter, I'm going with LCA. Good luck to both teams.
Tigerallamerican (11-13-2019)
Send a private message to Cat Daddy Add Cat Daddy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:33 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
TigerForLife is on a distinguished road
LCA playing really well, but I believe the bunnies win this one in a close game. Hard to beat a team twice!
Send a private message to TigerForLife Add TigerForLife to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:14 AM
Starter
Liked 100 Times in 89 Posts
ontopofthewest is on a distinguished road
Come on lca... for two reasons...
1, I wanna play brethitt co to see how good they really are...and
2, we owe lca one from the whippin we recieved from them
Lca in a close one
Send a private message to ontopofthewest Add ontopofthewest to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:46 PM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts
Cobraxx is on a distinguished road
In case your looking to catch the game. LCA Sports Network will have it on their facebook page with their radio broadcast tied in.

http://www.lexingtonchristian.org/at...rtsnetwork.cfm
Send a private message to Cobraxx Add Cobraxx to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football