Rate This Thread - Russell 45 Greenup County 43.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:59 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 239 Times in 198 Posts
GOREDDEVILS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Russell 45 Greenup County 43
final
Send a private message to GOREDDEVILS Add GOREDDEVILS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mcfan1 is on a distinguished road
Congrats Russell, there has been alot of great games tonight.
Send a private message to mcfan1 Add mcfan1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
punjabi_bulldog79 is on a distinguished road
good job on the W Russel
Send a private message to punjabi_bulldog79 Add punjabi_bulldog79 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
White Mike is on a distinguished road
congrats Russell
Send a private message to White Mike Add White Mike to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:49 PM
BELFRY PIRATES

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
CAM2006 is on a distinguished road
Congrats Russell

KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Send a private message to CAM2006 Add CAM2006 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
footballdaddy10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Will Russell be good enough to win the 16th this year or will someone else take the title?
Send a private message to footballdaddy10 Add footballdaddy10 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:51 PM
My boy is a Superstar #20
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JFLDAD is on a distinguished road
Good job DEVILS.
Send a private message to JFLDAD Add JFLDAD to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Head Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
EKY Sportster is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the Red Devils! Seems like this game is always quirky and anyone can win it! The Musketeers pulled an upset last year and I knew they would play hard tonight, but I didn't think they had it in them to play this close to Russell. This is yet another close game for Russell. Maybe the Red Devils aren't as dominant as we thought. But they still are managing to get the W's and that is all that counts right now.
Send a private message to EKY Sportster Add EKY Sportster to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:01 PM
RAM-OLOGIST

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DEVILOLOGIST will become famous soon enoughDEVILOLOGIST will become famous soon enough
Quite a bit of acting tonight.. Alot of grammys could be won with those performances...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Send a private message to DEVILOLOGIST Add DEVILOLOGIST to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Head Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
EKY Sportster is on a distinguished road
That's usually the case in most games!
Send a private message to EKY Sportster Add EKY Sportster to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:08 PM
RAM-OLOGIST

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DEVILOLOGIST will become famous soon enoughDEVILOLOGIST will become famous soon enough
Tonight is the second game Ihave watched for Russell in 22 years..... It was great to see the fans section and the football support for the basketball team...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Send a private message to DEVILOLOGIST Add DEVILOLOGIST to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dunker30 is on a distinguished road
Congrats Russell, Russell is a good team they have a good shot at the 16th regional title, but whether or not they acheive it is up to them IMO
Send a private message to dunker30 Add dunker30 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:06 AM
UK Wildcats

Liked 120 Times in 86 Posts
Benchwarmer will become famous soon enough
Congrats Russell
Send a private message to Benchwarmer Add Benchwarmer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:48 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals
Liked 1,012 Times in 703 Posts
FBALL is a jewel in the roughFBALL is a jewel in the roughFBALL is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by EKY Sportster
Congrats to the Red Devils! Seems like this game is always quirky and anyone can win it! The Musketeers pulled an upset last year and I knew they would play hard tonight, but I didn't think they had it in them to play this close to Russell. This is yet another close game for Russell. Maybe the Red Devils aren't as dominant as we thought. But they still are managing to get the W's and that is all that counts right now.
Athletically noone in the region is close. But execution is another thing. Russell hits less than 50% of its freethrows (4 of which were the front end of one and the bonus). Russell gets a big lead and goes to the milk the clock offense which inevitably results in turnovers and a comeback by the other team. Keep attacking the basket and put the game away for Gods sake. And quit fouling 60 feet from the basket with a double digit lead. This team needs to play ALOT smarter.
Send a private message to FBALL Add FBALL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RedDevilStXIUFan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FBALL
Athletically noone in the region is close. But execution is another thing. Russell hits less than 50% of its freethrows (4 of which were the front end of one and the bonus). Russell gets a big lead and goes to the milk the clock offense which inevitably results in turnovers and a comeback by the other team. Keep attacking the basket and put the game away for Gods sake. And quit fouling 60 feet from the basket with a double digit lead. This team needs to play ALOT smarter.
Russell is still geting there feet under them. They played four games in five nights this week. Greenup was ver inspired to beat Russell (as are most people who play Russell). I agree they pulled the ball out too soon, typical Dodd. They'll work on there FT's over the season and get better
Send a private message to RedDevilStXIUFan Add RedDevilStXIUFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:04 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals
FBALL is a jewel in the roughFBALL is a jewel in the roughFBALL is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RedDevilStXIUFan
Russell is still geting there feet under them. They played four games in five nights this week. Greenup was ver inspired to beat Russell (as are most people who play Russell). I agree they pulled the ball out too soon, typical Dodd. They'll work on there FT's over the season and get better
4 games in 5 days is no excuse. When you have a team down you don't let them back up.
Send a private message to FBALL Add FBALL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RedDevilStXIUFan is on a distinguished road
4 games in 5 days is no excuse. When you have a team down you don't let them back up.
I agree, was it me or did Dodd start to slow the game down again?
Send a private message to RedDevilStXIUFan Add RedDevilStXIUFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
russelldevils54 is on a distinguished road

I agree with you 200% FBALL......when you let a team back into the game then that tells alot of other teams that they can play with russell............if i were coach.....i would let the team run the floot and keep scoring......that leaves a lasting impression...........i would do that because you have to let everyone know that we are king and we own the court..........
Send a private message to russelldevils54 Add russelldevils54 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
russelldevils54 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RedDevilStXIUFan
I agree, was it me or did Dodd start to slow the game down again?

I can't stand it when he slows it down......we have the talent to run and make the game our pace and make it unbearable for other teams....
Send a private message to russelldevils54 Add russelldevils54 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Head Coach
Liked 209 Times in 146 Posts
LOOKAYANNER is on a distinguished road
Did Hicks behave himself in this game? He usually acts like a jerk, and can be a sore loser.
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
knowitall is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LOOKAYANNER
Did Hicks behave himself in this game? He usually acts like a jerk, and can be a sore loser.
You must have been there!

This game wasnt as close as it looks, it was a double digit advantage for most of the game, When Russell eliminates their stupid fouls, they keep their double digit advantage
Send a private message to knowitall Add knowitall to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:46 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals
Originally Posted by LOOKAYANNER
No he didn't behave himself. He acted like a complete jerk and sore loser doesn't even begin to cover it. There is no excuse for not shaking hands with your opponent. Running to the other end of the gym while your team shakes hands and pouting like a spoiled brat is no way for a head coach to act. Pitiful!!
Old 12-10-2006, 08:40 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 239 Times in 198 Posts
GOREDDEVILS is an unknown quantity at this point
If Russell would just learn to hit their free throws on a consistant basis no team in the 16th would even be close IMO. I can't count how many freebies they miss a game.
Send a private message to GOREDDEVILS Add GOREDDEVILS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Homer Simpson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Homer Simpson
I believe they have a great shot to win the 16th..Good Luck Russel
Send a private message to Homer Simpson Add Homer Simpson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:04 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals
Originally Posted by GOREDDEVILS
If Russell would just learn to hit their free throws on a consistant basis no team in the 16th would even be close IMO. I can't count how many freebies they miss a game.

Well Friday night they missed 8 out of 15.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
baller_14 is on a distinguished road
Hicks has always been like that believe me i know this by expience. I seen this alot when he was assistant for Scott Co. under Billy Hicks his uncle. He's the biggest jerk u'll ever meet
Send a private message to baller_14 Add baller_14 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:17 AM
G.O.-.D.U.K.E

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
NYY10 will become famous soon enoughNYY10 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to NYY10
congrats to Russell
Send a private message to NYY10 Add NYY10 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball