Rate This Thread - Questioning a Coach decision.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:29 AM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Bubbles is on a distinguished road
Default Questioning a Coach decision
Why would a coach ask for her team to not be judged during districts? As hard as those teams work and then not allow them to compete. I don't understand the logic. Was this a decision made by consenus of the team or was this decision made by an unreasonable coach. This would be the same as asking a basketball team to forfeit a game at districts. ????
Send a private message to Bubbles Add Bubbles to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
cheer1020 is on a distinguished road
I'd like to know why a coach would lie to another coach about the rules!
Send a private message to cheer1020 Add cheer1020 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Why would a coach ask for her team to not be judged during districts? As hard as those teams work and then not allow them to compete. I don't understand the logic. Was this a decision made by consenus of the team or was this decision made by an unreasonable coach. This would be the same as asking a basketball team to forfeit a game at districts. ????
I know what you are talking about, and the fact that this is brought up on this site is ridiculous because it's not a big deal. Not even a little deal! This post was only made as a jab to another squad. Maybe it's because of extremely recent injuries, causing everything to have to be changed. Maybe the girls wanted to have fun cheering for their team, rather than the pressure of being perfect for a judge. Who knows, and who cares? I remember cheering the first night of districts and it definitely wasn't as fun as the other nights because of the pressure. I graduated from SC and I coach at another school, and speaking as a coach, we make the decisions that we have to that are best for our squad, and we shouldn't have to answer to anyone other than our school officials and team, and especially not to someone from a different school!
Send a private message to *SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Add *SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:12 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 897 Times in 631 Posts
OffTheHook has a spectacular aura aboutOffTheHook has a spectacular aura about
^ You tell'em coach!

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Send a private message to OffTheHook Add OffTheHook to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dstc_99 is on a distinguished road
Ditto coach! I am seriously thinking about the same thing happening with my daughters squad this year due to some very recent issues. I hope the rumors aren't true but I also remember a disastrous routine we had last year when we lost two right before walking on the mat. It was scary and unnecessary for us to even go out with no idea what we were doing.
Send a private message to dstc_99 Add dstc_99 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Cheerleading