Rate This Thread - Cheerleading at Baseball games?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:50 AM
Suspended
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SweetTea is on a distinguished road
Default Cheerleading at Baseball games?
cheering at baseball games...
What you guys/girls think?

i say no because i dont even think the cheerleaders should cheer at football and basketball games.
they dont change the game or anything.
Send a private message to SweetTea Add SweetTea to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
cheer1020 is on a distinguished road
i think you should get out of the cheerleading forum, since all you have to say is negative things.
Send a private message to cheer1020 Add cheer1020 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Suspended
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SweetLemonade is an unknown quantity at this point
^ tts
Send a private message to SweetLemonade Add SweetLemonade to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 46 Times in 36 Posts
Bolt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SweetTea View Post
cheering at baseball games...
What you guys/girls think?

i say no because i dont even think the cheerleaders should cheer at football and basketball games.
they dont change the game or anything.
You are obviously clueless when it comes to LIFE in general.
i also dont think they should cheer at baseball games for the simple fact its boring and there may be 30-40 people at an average baseball game anyways as well as the expense of getting there (bus, food etc) when theres nobody there to cheer to, however, when it comes to football and basketball its part of the game and part of the atmosphere.
Kudos to the cheerleaders on this site for doing what you do.
Send a private message to Bolt Add Bolt to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Outta Space Balla

Liked 1,381 Times in 761 Posts
Panther Thunder will become famous soon enoughPanther Thunder will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
You are obviously clueless when it comes to LIFE in general.
i also dont think they should cheer at baseball games for the simple fact its boring and there may be 30-40 people at an average baseball game anyways as well as the expense of getting there (bus, food etc) when theres nobody there to cheer to, however, when it comes to football and basketball its part of the game and part of the atmosphere.
Kudos to the cheerleaders on this site for doing what you do.
That is kind of hypocritical. You get on to him for bashing cheerleading, which I disagree with as well, but then you proceed to bash the sport of baseball.

PIKEVILLE PANTHER BASEBALL

2010 15th Region All 'A' Champions
2010 All 'A' Elite 8
2010 59th District Champions
2010 15th Region Champions
2010 KHSAA Final Four

mr.charlie hustle (02-29-2012), old PB05 (03-21-2012), PaintsvilleTigerfan (03-01-2012)
Send a private message to Panther Thunder Add Panther Thunder to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:00 AM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,631 Times in 3,184 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
What are we trying to get at with this thread
Old 03-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
Liked 1,140 Times in 796 Posts
nky is on a distinguished road
What is this Japan?

Japanese Baseball Cheerleaders

In the bleachers, paid cheering squads, often decked out in yukata and hopi jackets in the official team colors, bang drums, blow horns, clap plastic bats, sing personalized fight songs, and yell and chant into plastic megaphones when they are instructed by male cheerleaders who wear white gloves, stand on small platforms and blow whistles and look like traffic policemen as they direct cheers.
Send a private message to nky Add nky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:59 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
Liked 1,140 Times in 796 Posts
nky is on a distinguished road
When players from the opposing team are at bat the cheerleaders quietly take their seats while the cheerleaders for the other team take their turn. The cheerleaders have tryouts and practices; ones that can’t sing or shout so well become designated clappers.

Many of the cheers are scripted and the fans are expected to follow them in unison. Some teams issue lyric sheets before the games. The job of the cheerleaders is make sure everyone os one cue. A typical cheer goes like this: “Cut trough the roaring thunder with you swing! Bark! Fight! Advance towards glorious victory!” each player has his own individual song. [Source: Washington Post]

The yakuza are reportedly deeply involved in baseball cheering groups, and use connections through the groups to obtain good tickets for scalping and reportedly even extort money from food vendors.
Send a private message to nky Add nky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,273 Times in 1,057 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
No, because you have no where to put them, and they would have to watch out for flying baseballs, weather its a foul ball, line drives, pop ups, etc. etc. they could seriously get hurt plus i don't think high school baseball gets that big of a crowd, well not like basketball and football anyways. As for Basketball and Football, yes, they are there to support there team and they can see if a player is running out of bounds or not and where the ball is going and get a chance to move, baseball however, when you turn around its right there and they wouldn't have time to move
Old 06-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
stingersoftball is on a distinguished road
think that would be a no! too distracting!
Send a private message to stingersoftball Add stingersoftball to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TheBAMF is on a distinguished road
I don't think cheerleading is a sport,and it would ruin the game of baseball
Send a private message to TheBAMF Add TheBAMF to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:32 PM
2nd String
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
mr.charlie hustle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stingersoftball View Post
think that would be a no! too distracting!
I agree with you stinger I don't want to see a kid get one in the ear at 90 nor would I like to see the cheerleader take a line drive. What would be even worse ,the third base coach taking a linedrive in his left ear. If he lived he might have some explaining to do to his wife as to why he failed to make the stop.
Send a private message to mr.charlie hustle Add mr.charlie hustle to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:33 AM
2nd String
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
mr.charlie hustle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Panther Thunder View Post
That is kind of hypocritical. You get on to him for bashing cheerleading, which I disagree with as well, but then you proceed to bash the sport of baseball.
It's ok PT let Bolt try and keep a baseball book. Boring only to the folks who have little understanding of the dynamics of "The Game".Personally I don't have to have fans at games but a nice Lefty going 12/6,88 and 2.0 along with a a couple of runners at 6.8 with good heads would be nice indeed. It would be nice as well to have the Top handling the BBCOR.
Send a private message to mr.charlie hustle Add mr.charlie hustle to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Tiger Pride

Liked 483 Times in 335 Posts
PaintsvilleTigerfan will become famous soon enough
People that think baseball is boring clearly have no understanding of how wonderfully complex the game is.
Send a private message to PaintsvilleTigerfan Add PaintsvilleTigerfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Suspended
Liked 1,219 Times in 683 Posts
Belfry0304 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Belfry0304
I think they should cheer home basketball games only because indoors you can hear them so the fans can cheer along. Not so much outdoors. We're always sure to support them at the Expo though!
Send a private message to Belfry0304 Add Belfry0304 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Cheerleading