Rate This Thread - Rapture to occur May 21, 2011(Millions will die) according to Harold Camping.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Young Guns

Liked 141 Times in 77 Posts
torQQue has disabled reputation
Default Rapture to occur May 21, 2011(Millions will die) according to Harold Camping
I can't believe the mainstream news(CNN) is picking up on this old mans predictions. Some people claim Harold is a false prophet. He claims he has studied the Bible for decades and God left clues to the exact date of Christ's return in the Bible. He has cult a following now. People putting billboards across the nation, even on buses and benches. There is going to be an end of the world parade. I don't believe a word he says though.

Rapture May 21

CNN

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:29 PM
House Lannister

Liked 451 Times in 362 Posts
Aslan will become famous soon enoughAslan will become famous soon enough
This is absurd. I hate when people attempt to make end of the world prophesy's. The Bible clearly states that only the good Lord himself knows.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Liked 114 Times in 86 Posts
CardinalAlum is on a distinguished road
Blahh lol
Send a private message to CardinalAlum Add CardinalAlum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:38 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 560 Times in 395 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
This is absurd. I hate when people attempt to make end of the world prophesy's. The Bible clearly states that only the good Lord himself knows.
I agree
Send a private message to Jarons Add Jarons to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:47 AM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,634 Times in 3,184 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
It's going to end sometime
Old 05-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
Liked 1,140 Times in 796 Posts
nky is on a distinguished road
Wait It can't be
I haven't got my super secrete hideout built yet. I thought I had until Dec. 21, 2012
Send a private message to nky Add nky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Young Guns

I bet anything he is a con-artist using this to scare gullible people into either buying a book that he has authored or generating followers to his radio/tv shows.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:03 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 560 Times in 395 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by torQQue View Post
I bet anything he is a con-artist using this to scare gullible people into either buying a book that he has authored or generating followers to his radio/tv shows.
Either that or he is looking for his 15 minutes of fame.
Send a private message to Jarons Add Jarons to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Hall of Fame

well if that's the case he should have built more time into book salesHe's only giving people less than two weeks. Some checks wouldn't even clear by then
Send a private message to nky Add nky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Young Guns

Originally Posted by nky View Post
well if that's the case he should have built more time into book salesHe's only giving people less than two weeks. Some checks wouldn't even clear by then
That old man is senile. He has been claiming the world was going to end since the 80's. His last prediction was 1994 and it backfired on him. He has been marketing this upcoming rapture for 16 or 17 years now.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Young Guns

He should have caught a ride on Hale Bop
Old 05-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Hall of Fame

He should have caught a ride on Hale Bop
maybe he could scape together the fare of five dollar bill and three quarters to get on the spaceship. You know those things take exact change and all
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM

Liked 797 Times in 625 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
Amen!!
Old 05-12-2011, 04:10 AM
Hall of Fame

By the way rapture will come on May 21, 2011, then the end of the world is on October 21, 2011 according to Harold Camping
End of the world during football season? come man, at least predict it to come during a slower sports period
Old 05-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
The mainstream media is always on the lookout for stories that make christians appear foolish. Unfortunately there are a lot of gullable folks in this world who will follow any kook that comes along. From Charles Manson to Harold Camping there will be a never ending procession of these self proclaimed enlightened ones and millions of adherents to mindlessly follow.

The contempt and bias that the media have for the christian faith is evidenced by the light they cast these goofs in and that in turn has the effect of lumping everybody who goes to church as sublimely naive and simple minded. Hence, CNN's interest in airing this completely un-newsworthy story. The truth that is God's word, when presented properly is majestic, powerful, and sharper than a two edged sword. The ark Noah built and the ship of fools depicted by the mainstream media are light years apart.
Just as the iconic bum sporting the body placard which reads on one side the end is near, and repent on the other, gives them something to laugh about and make them feel better about themselves. But, the irony is that the bum is right, and it is the elevated ones in the media that hide from the truth. Predictions about Christ's return date by nature make those that predict look rediculous.
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,273 Times in 1,057 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
He's an Idiot - NO ONE BUT GOD KNOWS THE TIME AND THE HOUR! - But it will come Soon!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Retired

Liked 635 Times in 493 Posts
Ballers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ballers
Idk if the end of the world is coming soon...
Could be hundreds of years from now, could be thousands..
Like stated above, only God knows.
Send a private message to Ballers Add Ballers to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 PM
2nd String

Liked 167 Times in 100 Posts
Dragonsdad is on a distinguished road
Default Rapture
I believe it will happen some unknown day. the important thing is to be ready. Are you???? Something to think about.
Send a private message to Dragonsdad Add Dragonsdad to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Hall of Fame

Two more days............................
I wonder what time?
Old 05-19-2011, 01:32 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
vundy33 has a spectacular aura aboutvundy33 has a spectacular aura about
lol.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Retired

Liked 635 Times in 493 Posts
Ballers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ballers
At sunset tomorrow, supposedly.

I also noticed he is from California.. Must be doing some drugs up that way of some sort.
Send a private message to Ballers Add Ballers to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Who's sundown? I guess we'll hear if Europe gets it first.
What if you jumped on a plane and flew across the International Date line? Would you be safe?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Scout Team
Liked 80 Times in 56 Posts
hawg laig is on a distinguished road
I would perfer sun rise, so I can be in Heaven with the Lord instead of mowing grass all day Saturday.
Send a private message to hawg laig Add hawg laig to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hawg laig View Post
I would perfer sun rise, so I can be in Heaven with the Lord instead of mowing grass all day Saturday.

I went ahead and took care of that tonight just in case
Old 05-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Essential Element
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough
I sure hope the "rapture" holds off long enough tomorrow so I can get my degree.
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:45 PM
2011 56th District Champs

Liked 641 Times in 505 Posts
LeeCoUKFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LeeCoUKFan Send a message via Yahoo to LeeCoUKFan Send a message via Skype™ to LeeCoUKFan
Originally Posted by nky View Post
Two more days............................
I wonder what time?
According to the news, he is prediciting it to happen at 6:00p.m.

LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Send a private message to LeeCoUKFan Add LeeCoUKFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Starter
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
baseballfan is on a distinguished road
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
Send a private message to baseballfan Add baseballfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,273 Times in 1,057 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
welp it's 6:00 pm and we're all still here. I bet that guy feels like a *******
Old 05-21-2011, 03:13 PM

Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
^ he meant PST
Old 05-21-2011, 03:13 PM

So you still have a couple of hours

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Conspiracy Discussion