Rate This Thread - Willard Kinzer & David May opening drag racing track.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:37 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts
BlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really nice
Default Willard Kinzer & David May opening drag racing track
Was told that Willard Kinzer & David May bought Combs Airport at the Floyd / Johnson Co. line and will be making it a drag racing track.

Will be opening next month from my understanding for grudge racing.

Should be the place to be on the weekends with all the racers we have in the area.
Send a private message to BlackcatAlum Add BlackcatAlum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BlackcatAlum View Post
Was told that Willard Kinzer & David May bought Combs Airport at the Floyd / Johnson Co. line and will be making it a drag racing track.

Will be opening next month from my understanding for grudge racing.

Should be the place to be on the weekends with all the racers we have in the area.
I have said for years that that is a prime location for that. I have been amazed that no one has decided to do this up till now. If the Kinzers are involved , I have no doubt that it will a first class operation.

This is exciting. Do you know if is going to be a 1/4 mile track or an 1/8 mile track?
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:55 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

BlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really nice
I was told it would probably be 1/8 for the cars that would run in the 8s and so forth, but I'm sure they would let the slower cars run the quarter.
Send a private message to BlackcatAlum Add BlackcatAlum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Looks like they didn't buy the airport, they cities of Paintsville & Prestonsburg still own it and they're only gonna put up guard ralis for just some grudge racing like on Pinks.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:50 AM
BGR Mafia

Liked 315 Times in 195 Posts
Redneck is on a distinguished road
From my understanding, they will just be drag racing on Labor Day Weekend. I spend alot of time up at the airport, Stanley Haddix Race Cars & Parts and that is what I gathered about the drag racing. Street legal cars only, and must be driven in, no trailers or hollers.
Send a private message to Redneck Add Redneck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » More Sports » Racing