Rate This Thread - Roswell: did the government cover it up?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
Liked 1,140 Times in 796 Posts
nky is on a distinguished road
Default Roswell: did the government cover it up?
Did personnel from the field's 509th Bomb Group recovered a crashed "flying disk" from a ranch near Roswell in 1947?
Send a private message to nky Add nky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Retired

Liked 635 Times in 493 Posts
Ballers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ballers
idk, might had..
Bad thing is that was back in the day before we have the technology and stuff now..
So IMO, could have happened.
Send a private message to Ballers Add Ballers to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
LClion4life is on a distinguished road
I think they did cover it up.
Send a private message to LClion4life Add LClion4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:18 PM
House Lannister

Liked 451 Times in 362 Posts
Aslan will become famous soon enoughAslan will become famous soon enough
No.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 72 Times in 47 Posts
Mr. Onion Head is on a distinguished road
I think it was a Soviet aircraft that crashed, and was taken by the government personally.
Send a private message to Mr. Onion Head Add Mr. Onion Head to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:46 PM

Liked 797 Times in 625 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
No
Old 06-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 981 Times in 656 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nky View Post
Did personnel from the field's 509th Bomb Group recovered a crashed "flying disk" from a ranch near Roswell in 1947?
I don't know.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 899 Times in 633 Posts
OffTheHook has a spectacular aura aboutOffTheHook has a spectacular aura about
Of Course they did. The Governements only allow us to know or see what they want us too.

In this infinity that we call space. Who is to say that this little speck of dust, that we call Earth, is the only one with any type of life on it?

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Send a private message to OffTheHook Add OffTheHook to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:52 AM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,634 Times in 3,184 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OffTheHook View Post
Of Course they did. The Governements only allow us to know or see what they want us too.

In this infinity that we call space. Who is to say that this little speck of dust, that we call Earth, is the only one with any type of life on it?
Whewww, I was sure you were getting ready to say "Intelligent" life on it! I was going to have to argue that one with you!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
Whewww, I was sure you were getting ready to say "Intelligent" life on it! I was going to have to argue that one with you!
Nice one. Stardust, I think you and I are the only two intelligent people on this site. That's for sure.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:28 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
vundy33 has a spectacular aura aboutvundy33 has a spectacular aura about
It definitely wasn't a Soviet Aircraft...no aircraft in 1947 had the capability to fly as far as a conventional aircraft would've had to if it was Soviet.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Retired

Liked 635 Times in 493 Posts
Ballers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ballers
Originally Posted by Westside View Post
Nice one. Stardust, I think you and I are the only two intelligent people on this site. That's for sure.
I'm offended!
Send a private message to Ballers Add Ballers to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ballers View Post
I'm offended!
Oh, I'm sorry. It goes without saying you are as well Ballers.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:26 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 899 Times in 633 Posts
OffTheHook has a spectacular aura aboutOffTheHook has a spectacular aura about
Here is a pretty good read:

http://www.consciousape.com/articles...well-incident/

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Send a private message to OffTheHook Add OffTheHook to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 AM
MOD

Liked 7,782 Times in 5,372 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vundy33 View Post
It definitely wasn't a Soviet Aircraft...no aircraft in 1947 had the capability to fly as far as a conventional aircraft would've had to if it was Soviet.
Maybe thats why it was a cover up. To keep the world from knowing the soviets were more advanced than us.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Head Coach
Liked 146 Times in 101 Posts
LOOKAYANNER is on a distinguished road
From what I've read and seen on TV about the incident, from both sides of the issue, what happened at Roswell was more than likely debris from a secret U.S. program called Project Mogul. This was during the times following WWII when the Cold War was as strong as ever between the U.S. and the Soviet Union. Mogul had to be kept top secret because it involved high altitude balloons meant to detect sound waves made by Soviet atomic bomb tests and ballistic missles. So everything had to be hush-hush. The aliens bodies were likely a combination of innocently transformed memories of the recovery of anthropomorphic dummies in military programs like Project High Dive. Some are simply misinformation from UFO proponents wanting to sell books and cash in on the Roswell incident. The effects of time on memories can cause confusion about when events happened and what happened. I mean, the Roswell Incident happened in 1947, but there wasn't much interest in it until a National Enquirer article about it in 1978, over 30 years later. That's when everyone and his uncle began coming out with "stories" that they knew but hadn't revealed until the Enquirer article. And many of the "witnesses" have changed their stories numerous times and have been discredited.
You can bet your last dollar that if anyone had any credible evidence of a cover-up of aliens and spacecrafts, that it would have come out long before 1978. There's no way a secret like that could be kept.
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:27 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,523 Times in 3,491 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
I believe there was a cover up at Roswell; very definately! The question for me is WHAT was covered up?
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Head Coach
Liked 146 Times in 101 Posts
LOOKAYANNER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
I believe there was a cover up at Roswell; very definately! The question for me is WHAT was covered up?
You're right---Project Mogul was covered up, until it became no longer necessary to keep it a secret.
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Conspiracy Discussion