Rate This Thread - Cussing.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Asst. Coach
Location: Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me."
Liked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Deathstar 80 is on a distinguished road
Default Cussing
I've noticed that recently, users seem to be cussing more often. I don't mean to cause any trouble or anything, but I personally liked it better when I first joined here on bluegrassrivals.com and most of the users here didn't cuss as often.

Just wondering, is there a rule about cussing? Is there something that can help a person to filter out cuss words?
Send a private message to Deathstar 80 Add Deathstar 80 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Statistician
Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts
long_time_pirate is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Deathstar 80 View Post
I've noticed that recently, users seem to be cussing more often. I don't mean to cause any trouble or anything, but I personally liked it better when I first joined here on bluegrassrivals.com and most of the users here didn't cuss as often.

Just wondering, is there a rule about cussing? Is there something that can help a person to filter out cuss words?
From what I understand, it's kinda like the "open bar" and "good ole' buddy" system on here now. That is one of the reasons that some of the mod's and admin's were BANNED or demoted or whatever it's called (for "overpolicing the site owners buddy). The more you cuss, the more your appreciated I reckon!
Send a private message to long_time_pirate Add long_time_pirate to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Liked 114 Times in 86 Posts
CardinalAlum is on a distinguished road
You just have a freedom of speech now and you don't have to worry about being banned by power hungry mods. I do know they was working on a feature that you could turn on that would still show it as ***** but, Idk if they have got it up yet. I would say check your User CP and see if its in there somewhere and if its not It will be in a matter of time as I did see the post where QQ said he would turn it on.
Send a private message to CardinalAlum Add CardinalAlum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:30 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 1,016 Times in 792 Posts
LWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the rough
I'm with ya Deathstar. I am waiting patiently.
Send a private message to LWC Add LWC to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Asst. Coach
Location: Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me."
Liked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Deathstar 80 is on a distinguished road
Thanks to all of you for your replies.
Send a private message to Deathstar 80 Add Deathstar 80 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 968 Times in 652 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by long_time_pirate View Post
From what I understand, it's kinda like the "open bar" and "good ole' buddy" system on here now. That is one of the reasons that some of the mod's and admin's were BANNED or demoted or whatever it's called (for "overpolicing the site owners buddy). The more you cuss, the more your appreciated I reckon!

Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:52 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
vundy33 has a spectacular aura aboutvundy33 has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, QQ is working on a feature that will let you turn the word filter on or off. I'm about 99% sure that he will make sure everyone knows about it when it is implemented.

Just wait it out dudes. Should be done soon.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:07 PM

Liked 789 Times in 618 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
^Sounds good!!

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Feedback and Support » FAQ, Help, Feedback and Enquiries