Rate This Thread - What are the OFFICIAL rules for tryouts?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Statistician
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
BOBCAT is on a distinguished road
Default What are the OFFICIAL rules for tryouts?
So; once you have your tryouts and then have all you summer camps and practices and all.Is it legal to RE-OPEN tryouts AFTER the new school year has already started to allow "those who may have needed a break" to "decide" they really did want to cheer after all?The way I read it you ONLY get a 2 week tryout window and CAN NOT re-open tryouts after school starts for the next season to "up" your numbers.Would someone who KNOWS please respond?
Send a private message to BOBCAT Add BOBCAT to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:28 PM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,631 Times in 3,184 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
Legal??

Tryouts are completely at the schools discretion and not always posted as a policy. Thus, if there is no policy, then there is nothing to enforce or dispute. It may be bogus if the school opens themselves up to questionable processes, but it's their decision on the "how's" of the process
Old 08-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Head Coach

Liked 195 Times in 147 Posts
UKisN1 will become famous soon enough
If it isn't in a school/district policy and procedure manual it is entirely left up to the sponsor.
Send a private message to UKisN1 Add UKisN1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Statistician
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
BOBCAT is on a distinguished road
According to the KAPOS handbook;there is only a 2 week tryout period and that is not long before the dead period.I also read it to say that no more could take place after the school year began and that any more would be considered "inelligible".YES;cheerleading is a sport with rules just like football.I'm just unsure of all of them.
Send a private message to BOBCAT Add BOBCAT to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:29 AM
State Champion

Liked 464 Times in 303 Posts
OrangenowBlue has a spectacular aura aboutOrangenowBlue has a spectacular aura about
Usually when they reopen tryouts it is to add more members to the squad as some have quit. The current members usually do not have to try out.
Send a private message to OrangenowBlue Add OrangenowBlue to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Suspended
Liked 48 Times in 30 Posts
PEOPLESCHAMP is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought cheer leading was not considered a sport? Not trying to get into an athleticism argument here. Just saying technically it wasn't considered a sport a few years ago, did this change?
I dont think cheerleaders are tracked by the khsaa. You never hear of eligible or ineligible cheerleaders for transferring and such.
Send a private message to PEOPLESCHAMP Add PEOPLESCHAMP to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Suspended
Liked 48 Times in 30 Posts
PEOPLESCHAMP is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say its gotta be up to the school or sponsor. I dont think anyone could ever come in and tell a cheer leading squad they're not allowed to add/drop a member.

Just out of curiosity, did your kid get bumped because of this?
Send a private message to PEOPLESCHAMP Add PEOPLESCHAMP to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,603 Times in 1,805 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BOBCAT View Post
According to the KAPOS handbook;there is only a 2 week tryout period and that is not long before the dead period.I also read it to say that no more could take place after the school year began and that any more would be considered "inelligible".YES;cheerleading is a sport with rules just like football.I'm just unsure of all of them.
According to the KHSAA cheerleading is not a "sport".
It's an "activity".
Old 09-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Starter
Liked 104 Times in 88 Posts
ole_blue_sack_15 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zaga_fan View Post
According to the KHSAA cheerleading is not a "sport".
It's an "activity".
definetily not a sport lol
Send a private message to ole_blue_sack_15 Add ole_blue_sack_15 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MagicMaker23 is on a distinguished road
is there a rule book to cheerleading?
Send a private message to MagicMaker23 Add MagicMaker23 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Cheerleading