Rate This Thread - Best Middle School Squad In State?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheer_babe21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Middle School Squad In State?
Who do you think is the best middle school squad in knetucky...NOT just the mountains. IMO...North Laurel Middle. Obivously it's that little squad! They were the first team in 3 years to take down Foley and the first squad other than Foley that has won a back to back state championship. They also were the only middle school in Kentucky to go to Nationals and place....I'm open for discussion.

Send a private message to cheer_babe21 Add cheer_babe21 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NLMScheer33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Middle School Squad In State?
omgsh I LOVE north laurel..they're so good!  I wish my cheerleading squad could be as good as north laurel!  They're my role models!
Send a private message to NLMScheer33 Add NLMScheer33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheer_leader is an unknown quantity at this point
i think its north laurel i watched them at natonals and talked to them, yeah ive seen foley before too they are pretty good theres another team i cant think of the name that is awesome when i think of it ill get back to you
Send a private message to cheer_leader Add cheer_leader to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheer123 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought North Laurel was awesome at nationals....
Send a private message to cheer123 Add cheer123 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheerleader_16 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think ac has got a really good middle school squad...most of em will go on to high schoolk and improve even more
Send a private message to cheerleader_16 Add cheerleader_16 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheer_babe21 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i saw anderson county at state and they werent what people made them out to be. the nlms cheerleaders WIPED them off the floor...what team do you cheer for cheer_leader?

Send a private message to cheer_babe21 Add cheer_babe21 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gccheer1 is on a distinguished road
Default Pikeville Jr. High
Pikeville Jr. High has the best program.
Send a private message to gccheer1 Add gccheer1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Starter

Liked 100 Times in 60 Posts
PHS95 will become famous soon enough
Pikeville's squad has to be up there!
Send a private message to PHS95 Add PHS95 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* is on a distinguished road
I've never seen the other teams, but I know Pikeville has to be one of the best in the state!
Send a private message to *SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Add *SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Head Coach

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The Guru is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cheer_babe21 View Post
Who do you think is the best middle school squad in knetucky...NOT just the mountains. IMO...North Laurel Middle. Obivously it's that little squad! They were the first team in 3 years to take down Foley and the first squad other than Foley that has won a back to back state championship. They also were the only middle school in Kentucky to go to Nationals and place....I'm open for discussion.
Well.....Pikeville White is a Middle School squad and they won Nationals.
I think that i must go with Pikeville.
Send a private message to The Guru Add The Guru to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Phelps_Dancer!!!!! is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah pikeville white kicks pants. they're awesome and they won 1st place at nationals so i guess they're the best!
Send a private message to Phelps_Dancer!!!!! Add Phelps_Dancer!!!!! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
hillbilly is on a distinguished road
I would have to agree. Have seen both. Pikeville is better.
Send a private message to hillbilly Add hillbilly to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
5_blush_5 is on a distinguished road
Pikeville is good.
Send a private message to 5_blush_5 Add 5_blush_5 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Panthergirl is on a distinguished road
yea Pikeville is really good..
did North Laurel place 6th at nationals??
or am I mistaken??
Send a private message to Panthergirl Add Panthergirl to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jc_cheer101 is on a distinguished road
Yes, North Laurel is awsome, but Johnson County Middle has a really great 07-08 squad too. Infact they recieved 2nd in state, though they were much cleaner then North Laurel but North Laurel had more difficulty. So before the big Tennessee Competiton, Johnson County made there routine much more difficult and nailed it in a HUGE competiton in Tennessee. They won that and over 15 other trophies just this year. Congrats girls.
Send a private message to jc_cheer101 Add jc_cheer101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
luv2cheer is on a distinguished road
Default Best Middle School Squad in the State
I agree that North Laurel and Pikeville are both great squads. I think you also have to look at Johnson County Middle School. They only lost to North Laurel by 12 pts. at the Middle School State Open and went back and changed the difficulty level of their routine. With the right routines and experience they could go to nationals and hold their own. They also performed at the Morehead Showcase with Pikeville Junior high and although Pikeville had some more difficult stunts Johnson County was much cleaner and sharper.
Send a private message to luv2cheer Add luv2cheer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* is on a distinguished road
I've said this in another post and I'll say it again....Johnson County Middle is my *favorite* team to watch in the entire 15th region out all high schools and middle schools. Everything they do, they do it well. And this is from someone who has no ties to that school. Earlier in this thread I said that Pikeville was the best....but I have changed my mind.
Send a private message to *SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Add *SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gccheer1 is on a distinguished road
Default Middle school information
Pikeville Jr. High went to UCA Nationals and placed 2nd.
Last year they won the national title.
Send a private message to gccheer1 Add gccheer1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Starter

Liked 100 Times in 60 Posts
PHS95 will become famous soon enough
If you look at the dates, he noted that Pikeville White won nationals.... in 2007!
Send a private message to PHS95 Add PHS95 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Scout Team
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Breathitt Bobcat is on a distinguished road
Powell Co. Middle looks good this year.
Send a private message to Breathitt Bobcat Add Breathitt Bobcat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SportsKing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by luv2cheer View Post
I agree that North Laurel and Pikeville are both great squads. I think you also have to look at Johnson County Middle School. They only lost to North Laurel by 12 pts. at the Middle School State Open and went back and changed the difficulty level of their routine. With the right routines and experience they could go to nationals and hold their own. They also performed at the Morehead Showcase with Pikeville Junior high and although Pikeville had some more difficult stunts Johnson County was much cleaner and sharper.
That's early, Pikeville will be in a league by theirself when it counts.
Send a private message to SportsKing Add SportsKing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheerchamp15 is on a distinguished road
I just wish that Pikeville AND Belfry would decide which squad will compete against Middle Schools - I think that some grades, ages and by laws should be checked - these coaches have everyone in the region to intimidated to question there ethics
Send a private message to cheerchamp15 Add cheerchamp15 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
polka dot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cheerchamp15 View Post
I just wish that Pikeville AND Belfry would decide which squad will compete against Middle Schools - I think that some grades, ages and by laws should be checked - these coaches have everyone in the region to intimidated to question there ethics
The rules for juior high division at nationals clearly states that if you are in grades 6,7,8, and 9 you can compete in that division as long as the majority of your squad isn't freshman.

Pikeville does NOT have anyone older than a freshmen that competes. There are only maybe 5 freshman total on the squad.
Send a private message to polka dot Add polka dot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*Central_Cheer_Chick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to *Central_Cheer_Chick Send a message via Yahoo to *Central_Cheer_Chick
I am always completely blown away by North Laurel. But Pikeville has always stayed strong and been on top.
Send a private message to *Central_Cheer_Chick Add *Central_Cheer_Chick to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mr. Sportsfan is on a distinguished road
Belfry Middle Schoo. I heard they just won first place in Lexington ...and had two national invites.
Way to go Pirate cheerleaders.
Send a private message to Mr. Sportsfan Add Mr. Sportsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:21 AM
Starter
Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts
Pirate Pal will become famous soon enoughPirate Pal will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cheerchamp15 View Post

Don't include Belfry in with that statement....Belfry Middle School has a Varsity and a JV squad and I know, for a fact, every girl on Belfry Middle School's squads is a student at Belfry Middle School which consists of grades 6th, 7th, & 8th. Belfry High School has both a Varsity and a JV squad which cheers for Belfry High School teams.

I know this for a fact because I have a daughter who is a Senior at Belfry High School and cheers on the Varsity squad and a daughter on the Belfry Middle School Varsity squad.

Belfry Middle Varsity has a lot of girls on their squad, but feel free to check and you will find that ALL girls are students at Belfry Middle School.
Send a private message to Pirate Pal Add Pirate Pal to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
cheer1020 is on a distinguished road
i've gotta say louisa middle. like 8 girls on that team are already throwing standing tucks. every single one them have good tumbling.

plus, those girls have more heart and desire than any team i know. they're for sure gonna be a nationals team in highschool........
Send a private message to cheer1020 Add cheer1020 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ashlovestocheer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Breathitt Bobcat View Post
Powell Co. Middle looks good this year.
Powell county middle does look good.
they have good tumbling.
Send a private message to Ashlovestocheer Add Ashlovestocheer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pond creek nation is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Pirate Pal View Post
Don't include Belfry in with that statement....Belfry Middle School has a Varsity and a JV squad and I know, for a fact, every girl on Belfry Middle School's squads is a student at Belfry Middle School which consists of grades 6th, 7th, & 8th. Belfry High School has both a Varsity and a JV squad which cheers for Belfry High School teams.

I know this for a fact because I have a daughter who is a Senior at Belfry High School and cheers on the Varsity squad and a daughter on the Belfry Middle School Varsity squad.

Belfry Middle Varsity has a lot of girls on their squad, but feel free to check and you will find that ALL girls are students at Belfry Middle School.
Belfry is the most underated team in the whole state!
Send a private message to Pond creek nation Add Pond creek nation to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*Central_Cheer_Chick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to *Central_Cheer_Chick Send a message via Yahoo to *Central_Cheer_Chick
Originally Posted by Pond creek nation View Post
Belfry is the most underated team in the whole state!

I highly doubt that. Belfry has always been dominat in cheerleading. Their name is always brought up when talking about the top teams. They have such a strong program, and there are plenty of people who recognize that.
Send a private message to *Central_Cheer_Chick Add *Central_Cheer_Chick to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Cheerleading