Rate This Thread - Private Messages.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:06 PM
BGR Staff
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Tomcat68 will become famous soon enoughTomcat68 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Tomcat68 Send a message via AIM to Tomcat68 Send a message via MSN to Tomcat68 Send a message via Yahoo to Tomcat68
Question Enable your Private Messages
Click on your User CP and go to Edit Options. Then look for Messaging & Notification.

Under that you will see Private Messages. Put a check mark next to it to receive PMs.. Think Click Save.
Send a private message to Tomcat68 Add Tomcat68 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:13 PM
BGR Staff
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Tomcat68 will become famous soon enoughTomcat68 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Tomcat68 Send a message via AIM to Tomcat68 Send a message via MSN to Tomcat68 Send a message via Yahoo to Tomcat68
Nevermind. They had PMs disabled in their User CP.
Send a private message to Tomcat68 Add Tomcat68 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:20 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
15thRegionCrazy will become famous soon enough15thRegionCrazy will become famous soon enough
I had to enable my PMs as well
Send a private message to 15thRegionCrazy Add 15thRegionCrazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:40 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,569 Times in 1,998 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
All my settings seem to be correct and I still can't get PM's
Old 08-24-2017, 02:24 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,510 Times in 3,482 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
pj, I wish I could help you but I'm so computer stupid!!

You might want to contact Gut, and have him stop by and have a look at your settings. He's really smart when it comes to technical issues.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:45 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
pj, I wish I could help you but I'm so computer stupid!!

You might want to contact Gut, and have him stop by and have a look at your settings. He's really smart when it comes to technical issues.
I've tried messaging from phone, on computer with chrome and edge. checked all the settings. my inbox is empty, and it still won't work.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:11 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,510 Times in 3,482 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Okay, Gut has better minds than mine working on it!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:07 PM
MOD

Liked 7,780 Times in 5,370 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Pjdoug, I think the issue lies in the fact that there is a second account with the exact username you have.
Did you start this account at some point before using the one you currently do?

The problem may be that the other account is also receiving each message you do and over time has caused it to go full. Since its full, anytime somebody tried to message you, the other account is blocking it.

If that other account was yours, log into it and see if there's any messages there.
If not, then I'll have to dive deeper.

The site filter shouldn't have let an account with the same name be duplicated. It's the first I've seen of it on here.

Let me know about the other account.
If it turns out that is the problem then we will need to change the name of that other account
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:36 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Pjdoug, I think the issue lies in the fact that there is a second account with the exact username you have.
Did you start this account at some point before using the one you currently do?

The problem may be that the other account is also receiving each message you do and over time has caused it to go full. Since its full, anytime somebody tried to message you, the other account is blocking it.

If that other account was yours, log into it and see if there's any messages there.
If not, then I'll have to dive deeper.

The site filter shouldn't have let an account with the same name be duplicated. It's the first I've seen of it on here.

Let me know about the other account.
If it turns out that is the problem then we will need to change the name of that other account
I had an account years but forgot the login info. I haven't had another account since having this one. messaging was working fine for me up until the end of the year at the time of Taxslayer Bowl and I haven't got messages since. Can you delete the other account?
Old 09-01-2017, 01:36 AM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Is that other account you had also pjdoug?
I can tell you the email that was associated with the account and then maybe you could retrieve the password
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:32 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Is that other account you had also pjdoug?
I can tell you the email that was associated with the account and then maybe you could retrieve the password
it could have been. I really don't remember it's been so long ago. did the e-mail start with the same name as the user name on the account?
Old 09-02-2017, 12:14 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
it could have been. I really don't remember it's been so long ago. did the e-mail start with the same name as the user name on the account?
It doesn't matter now.
The username defaults to the current account your using. I'm waiting on an admin to show up to try and get it fixed. It's going to take getting that old username deleted or changed.
The interface should have never let the name duplicate.
I'll let you know as soon as we have it fixed.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:48 PM
MOD

Pj, check your pms
Old 09-03-2017, 01:34 AM
MOD

Pjdougs issue has been resolved.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:04 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

^ Thanks.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Feedback and Support » FAQ, Help, Feedback and Enquiries