Rate This Thread - Smith to Pikeville?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Statistician
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
sprucepinetiger is on a distinguished road
Default Smith to Pikeville?
I hope someone can tell me whether this is true or not? I heard a rumor today that Teddy Smith might possibly be leaving Johns Creek and transferring to Pikeville. Now I'm not saying it is true, but I did hear this, can anyone confirm or deny this?
Send a private message to sprucepinetiger Add sprucepinetiger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Outta Space Balla

Liked 1,076 Times in 615 Posts
Panther Thunder will become famous soon enoughPanther Thunder will become famous soon enough
Nothing concrete, but I will say that I have heard the rumor.

PIKEVILLE PANTHER BASEBALL

2010 15th Region All 'A' Champions
2010 All 'A' Elite 8
2010 59th District Champions
2010 15th Region Champions
2010 KHSAA Final Four

Send a private message to Panther Thunder Add Panther Thunder to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Statistician
Liked 59 Times in 42 Posts
region is on a distinguished road
I give this 50/50 right now.

For the past few years Johns Creek kids have had a tough go of it at Pike Central, everything is geared toward Mullins or transfers from other schools - let us look at their current players - 4 of their top 7 are not from Pike Central originally.

What goes around comes around.
Send a private message to region Add region to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Statistician
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
sprucepinetiger is on a distinguished road
Mr. Smith has talent, and I would guess he would get his fair share of playing time if he sticks with it, improves and progresses the way he should. I also heard a rumor that Mullins is holding back some of their 8th graders..I think Clark, Newsome and Sizemore are the only three going from Mullins who played significant minutes this year. If you bring along Smith, Turnmire and Williams, that should make for a pretty good future.
Send a private message to sprucepinetiger Add sprucepinetiger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Biggin is on a distinguished road
I heard this rumor a couple of months ago, it would happen as soon as

basketball season was over
Send a private message to Biggin Add Biggin to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Cougar Connection is on a distinguished road
Good luck to Teddy no matter where he goes! He is one fine young man and any program would love to have him and his little brother Austin. I think and hope he thinks this through and prays about it before doing anything. Also, he might want to talk to some others who have made the transition to better understand what an outsider may encounter at Pikeville. Austin Charles, Cody Charles, Cody Estep etc. Good luck guys you can play for me anytime!
Send a private message to Cougar Connection Add Cougar Connection to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
lfsmgr is on a distinguished road
You make a good point, Cougar Connection. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Lets hope these guys stay injury free and can play to their potential, no matter where it is.
Send a private message to lfsmgr Add lfsmgr to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Statistician
Liked 41 Times in 25 Posts
That's What She Said is on a distinguished road
From what I hear Teddy could be wearing the Maroon and White as early as Monday. Will be a great addition to the upcoming Freshman Class. If the team meshes well then they could be really good in the next two to three years.
Send a private message to That's What She Said Add That's What She Said to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 AM
2nd String
Liked 152 Times in 99 Posts
new o is an unknown quantity at this point
Look for some to move in to Pikeville and some to move out........
Send a private message to new o Add new o to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Outta Space Balla

Liked 1,076 Times in 615 Posts
Panther Thunder will become famous soon enoughPanther Thunder will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by new o View Post
Look for some to move in to Pikeville and some to move out........
The cycle of high school athletics at its finest.

PIKEVILLE PANTHER BASEBALL

2010 15th Region All 'A' Champions
2010 All 'A' Elite 8
2010 59th District Champions
2010 15th Region Champions
2010 KHSAA Final Four

Send a private message to Panther Thunder Add Panther Thunder to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:59 PM
2nd String
Liked 152 Times in 99 Posts
new o is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree Thunder. Good is never good enough,lol.
Send a private message to new o Add new o to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Statistician
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Salimander is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sprucepinetiger View Post
I hope someone can tell me whether this is true or not? I heard a rumor today that Teddy Smith might possibly be leaving Johns Creek and transferring to Pikeville. Now I'm not saying it is true, but I did hear this, can anyone confirm or deny this?
What on earth would draw him to go to Pikeville? He's a nice baseball player and wouldn't make sense to go to a place where his middle school baseball team beat eachtime they played. Basketball at PC would make far more sense than Pikeville with talent of JC and Mullins together. Heck the nations best middle school team( Pikeville ) couldn't even win the Pike County Championship against half of Shelby Valleys future team. I know why they want him but they NEED him a whole lot more than he needs them!
Send a private message to Salimander Add Salimander to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
littlebluefan is on a distinguished road
If Smith goes to Pikeville. Who's out???
Because I'm sure they've promised him a starting position if he's going.
Send a private message to littlebluefan Add littlebluefan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Statistician
Liked 80 Times in 51 Posts
Micro-Brew is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cougar Connection View Post
Good luck to Teddy no matter where he goes! He is one fine young man and any program would love to have him and his little brother Austin. I think and hope he thinks this through and prays about it before doing anything. Also, he might want to talk to some others who have made the transition to better understand what an outsider may encounter at Pikeville. Austin Charles, Cody Charles, Cody Estep etc. Good luck guys you can play for me anytime!
Estep had almost 800 yds receiving and 12 Tds as a Freshman. Sounds like pretty good treatment to me. Also if memory serves me correct, the Charles brothers only left Pikeville for 1 semester, so not sure I'd consider them outsiders?? Whatever that means......I'd bet 99% of the coaches in sports really want to win and will put their best on the court or field......no matter the situation.....Maybe I live in a fantasy world???
Send a private message to Micro-Brew Add Micro-Brew to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Statistician
Liked 80 Times in 51 Posts
Micro-Brew is on a distinguished road
To an earlier post about Outsiders.......It looks like Estep had almost 800 yds receiving and 12 TDs....I'd say thats pretty good treatment for a Freshman.....also If I'm correct the Charles boys only left Pikeville for 1 semester so not sure I'd consider them outsiders?? I'm pretty sure I saw a few kids on some of the county schools who haven't always been at the schools they're are playing at now. Parents usually know whats best for their children and their decision to transfer or holdback or whatever other controversial decision should be honored and left alone. Good luck Teddy!!
Send a private message to Micro-Brew Add Micro-Brew to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Middle School Sports » Basketball