Rate This Thread - Boyd County 22 - Shelby Valley 0.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 175 Times in 142 Posts
GOREDDEVILS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boyd County 22 - Shelby Valley 0
final
Send a private message to GOREDDEVILS Add GOREDDEVILS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Starter
Liked 126 Times in 92 Posts
shelbyvalley02 is on a distinguished road
This game was out of hand . Half of Boyd co team should have been ejected
football for life (08-19-2012)
Send a private message to shelbyvalley02 Add shelbyvalley02 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Statistician
Liked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Always_A_Lion is on a distinguished road
I'm sure you're referring to the fight, and I would say after all the suspensions are handed out that Morgan County and East Carter will find Boyd County a little easier to handle. No doubt there will be more after the game is reviewed.
Send a private message to Always_A_Lion Add Always_A_Lion to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:52 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Location: greater is HE that is in ME, than he that is in the world.
Liked 406 Times in 285 Posts
cuppett777 will become famous soon enough
congrats to Boyd
Send a private message to cuppett777 Add cuppett777 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Statistician
Liked 42 Times in 25 Posts
SlantStrong is on a distinguished road
I heard it was some key players as well for Boyd.
Send a private message to SlantStrong Add SlantStrong to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Starter
Liked 126 Times in 92 Posts
shelbyvalley02 is on a distinguished road
Now, Valley didn't play well , but it seem like the officials were letting Boyd Co get away with cheap shot .ALSO why wasn't any of Boyd Co players ejected, but Valleys were!!!!!!
Send a private message to shelbyvalley02 Add shelbyvalley02 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Suspended
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
All i do is win is on a distinguished road
Boyd Co. 60+ players Vs. Valleys 11. And no players were ejected off Boyd. But 2 of Valleys were.
Send a private message to All i do is win Add All i do is win to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 361 Times in 260 Posts
PaytoPlay is on a distinguished road
What started it? Will someone just cut the chase and give an educated and objective (as best you can) summary of what happened?
Send a private message to PaytoPlay Add PaytoPlay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
DonaldDuck is on a distinguished road
Well from what I hear there were a few remarks made on race that started it. It did get too out of hand. Boyd should have quite a few suspended, and Valley may have 1 or 2.
Send a private message to DonaldDuck Add DonaldDuck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
formerlion02 is on a distinguished road
I was at the game and from what I saw, a shelby valley player tripped a boyd player then all chaos broke out. You want your team to be tough but it was a dumb mistake to fight. And 3 of our starters were kicked out to shelbys two and they will not play next week either which really hurts.
Send a private message to formerlion02 Add formerlion02 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Statistician
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
LionEagle is on a distinguished road
according to paper Boyd had 3 suspended and SV 2 heard it all started on a extremely late hit by SV. Nice DEFENCE by BC led by 2 interceptions by Jason Smith Good luck the rest of the year.
Send a private message to LionEagle Add LionEagle to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Starter
Liked 46 Times in 37 Posts
F.N.L. is on a distinguished road
Now the big question is "Will it be enforced?" Seems not much is these days.
Send a private message to F.N.L. Add F.N.L. to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Starter
KHSAA should have a DISQUALIFICATION listing on their web page.
Send a private message to F.N.L. Add F.N.L. to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by LionEagle View Post
according to paper Boyd had 3 suspended and SV 2 heard it all started on a extremely late hit by SV. Nice DEFENCE by BC led by 2 interceptions by Jason Smith Good luck the rest of the year.
Which paper?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:58 AM
2nd String
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
BADCAT74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by F.N.L. View Post
Which paper?

Ashland paper.
Send a private message to BADCAT74 Add BADCAT74 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Suspended
What started it all, is a Boyd player and a Valley player were shoving eachother. Then the Boyd Player made a racist remark to one of our players the was trying to break them up. As soon as me made the remark he was on his back. After that Everything broke loose. All of Boyd Co. sidelines cleared. (Which is an automatic disqualification). Valley stayed on their sidelines while their starting 11 took on the whole Boyd team. I was at the game lastnight and NONE of Boyds starters were ejected. There were only 3 ejected off the sidelines all the starters still played. While 2 of valleys starters were ejected.
Send a private message to All i do is win Add All i do is win to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Statistician
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
ozzy72666 is on a distinguished road
Boyd had three ejected they sat on the bench the rest of the game !!!!
Send a private message to ozzy72666 Add ozzy72666 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Suspended
That were already on the sidelines...
Old 08-18-2012, 08:40 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Liked 1,862 Times in 1,272 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
Does anybody have a video of this?

And wouldn't care to post it or send it out on a P.M.
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
Does anybody have a video of this?

And wouldn't care to post it or send it out on a P.M.
Shelby Valleys camera man quit filming at half time & Do you honestly think that Boyd would hand over their game film from this? They would have an automatic DQ and half of their team would be suspended. I'd say that game film is long gone by now.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:53 AM
Scout Team
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
joethegreek is on a distinguished road
I wasn't at the game . But I read the article in the Ashland paper. Two SV players were ejected. Three were tossed from Boyd Co. I don't know if boyd's were starters , but according to the article Cain Cooksey, Brandon Bryant and Justin Holcomb were the Boyd players. The article didn't list the SV players
Send a private message to joethegreek Add joethegreek to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
drdrayandcooler is on a distinguished road
It was unfortunate that this happened, however, I like seeing the Boyd Co coming to the aid of a fellow team mate being kicked in the head by SV. I was there down close to the field on Boyd side and SV wasn't innocent in this.
Send a private message to drdrayandcooler Add drdrayandcooler to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Starter
Liked 247 Times in 171 Posts
new o is an unknown quantity at this point
I was also there. Several cheap shots were taken by both teams early in the game. When the fight broke out #51 from SV was hit pretty hard after the whistle. Two players got into it(according to the SV player racial remarks were made toward him). Boyd County had around 30 kids leave the sideline and joined in on the fight,SV coaches kept their kids on the sideline. There were 5-8 players on every SV player. Two SV kids were trying to break it up when they were tackled and beat on by 3-5 Boyd players. Even after the fight Boyd continued to take cheap shots after the whistle. I blame Boyd's coaches and the so-called referees for the entire event. Boyd took a step back from last years coaching staff.
shelbyvalley02 (08-20-2012)
Send a private message to new o Add new o to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by All i do is win View Post
Shelby Valleys camera man quit filming at half time & Do you honestly think that Boyd would hand over their game film from this? They would have an automatic DQ and half of their team would be suspended. I'd say that game film is long gone by now.
I 100% DO have a copy of this, and YES the fight is on it.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lonesome pine is on a distinguished road
It never ceases to amaze me is how the different fans see it. I was there and I could not hear anything said on the field both teams did things wrong so did the refs but with parents and fans telling a distorted view no wonder the officials are reluctant to do anything.
Send a private message to lonesome pine Add lonesome pine to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by F.N.L. View Post
I 100% DO have a copy of this, and YES the fight is on it.
Well i would hold on to it if i were you, because i'd say that you are one of the VERY FEW people that has it. I would appreciate it if i could get a copy of this in a PM if you don't mind.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 38 Times in 23 Posts
oline is on a distinguished road
Sounds like undisciplined actions by both teams. I don't know a lot about Boyd but i know that the coach at Shelby Valley had no discipline at his previous head coaching stop. I saw kids try to fight him and do things that are unacceptable on a football field and he did nothing to punish or discipline these players.
Send a private message to oline Add oline to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by oline View Post
Sounds like undisciplined actions by both teams. I don't know a lot about Boyd but i know that the coach at Shelby Valley had no discipline at his previous head coaching stop. I saw kids try to fight him and do things that are unacceptable on a football field and he did nothing to punish or discipline these players.
Well I don't think you know Coach Stepp very well, because this team is very disciplined. Not one kid on the team has ever talked back or lashed out at him in anyway. I know for a fact he punishes his players for acting up in school. So either your full of it or this man changed his life completley in a year. Which one do you think it is?
Old 08-19-2012, 03:02 PM
2nd String
Liked 203 Times in 134 Posts
School Admin. is on a distinguished road
I hate the fact that this happened. I wasn't at the game, so I cannot and will not attempt to speculate as to who or whom started it. I do know the the KHSAA has been very strict on this in the past and I am sure that they will demand a copy of the film for review. As to what they will do afterward, I do not know. Hopefully both squads will put this behind them and move forward.
Send a private message to School Admin. Add School Admin. to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
football for life is on a distinguished road
I don't know about tripping, but I know there was racial slurrs from Boyd directed to Valley. He ignored it for the first couple of times, but after awhile,come on, really!!!! I agree fighting isn't the answer, but Boyd Co. Showed no class what so ever, their parents and coaches need to start teaching them some respect for others!!! This is high school ball, we need our kids to be learning good sportsman ship and how to treat others, come on, it is suppose to be fun!
Send a private message to football for life Add football for life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football