Rate This Thread - Corbin 13 George Rogers Clark 12.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:29 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 3,663 Times in 2,037 Posts
EKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really nice
Default Corbin 13 George Rogers Clark 12
Quality win for the Redhounds playing up in class.

3A Football is absolutely stacked this year.
Send a private message to EKUAlum05 Add EKUAlum05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:06 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 401 Times in 306 Posts
MVP2 will become famous soon enoughMVP2 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like it was a dandy.

Congrats Redhounds.
Send a private message to MVP2 Add MVP2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 375 Times in 251 Posts
goBIGblue82 is on a distinguished road
Corbin forced GRC to punt with around 5 minutes left in the game and took over around the 12 yard line. A couple plays later a fumble gave GRC the ball back at the 6 yard line first and goal with just under 3 to go. The hounds stopped GRC on 3rd down from the 2 and 4th down and inches. Corbin's defense looked good against a solid GRC team.
Send a private message to goBIGblue82 Add goBIGblue82 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 252 Times in 164 Posts
Dietpepsidrinker is on a distinguished road
Goal line stands like that can give a team confidence and make a season.
Send a private message to Dietpepsidrinker Add Dietpepsidrinker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:43 PM
MOD

Liked 7,809 Times in 5,391 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
I was impressed watching this one.
GRC isnt the same they use to be, but it was still a good win for the Hounds none the less.

Solid win to start the year off.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:45 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Location: greater is HE that is in ME, than he that is in the world.
Liked 409 Times in 288 Posts
cuppett777 will become famous soon enough
congrats to Corbin
Send a private message to cuppett777 Add cuppett777 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Statistician
Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
hoops_town is on a distinguished road
Couldnt believe that Corbin actually tried to pass from inside their own 10 with 3:00 left in the game when they fumbled, and then when GRC was at 4th and inside Corbin's 1 they went to the shotgun........Nice win for Corbin though against a much larger school. Life after Pokey for GRC will be tough this season.
Send a private message to hoops_town Add hoops_town to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:54 PM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
This looked like the slowest and poorly coached team ive ever seen GRC field.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Asst. Coach
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
I wouldn't say slowest. GRC had good team speed, especially on defense. They might not have had one person with the speed that Pokey had last year but overall the speed of the team was pretty good. Their were a lot of good looking atheltes for GRC, however they weren't utilized. But I don't see what those coaches see everyday so there might have been a reason for that. I also question only giving the ball to that big running back once starting out 1st and goal around the 5.
Send a private message to goBIGblue82 Add goBIGblue82 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 62 Times in 45 Posts
Daniel_BellCo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Daniel_BellCo Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel_BellCo
congrats to the redhounds!
fence jumper (08-17-2012)
Send a private message to Daniel_BellCo Add Daniel_BellCo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:12 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by goBIGblue82 View Post
I wouldn't say slowest. GRC had good team speed, especially on defense. They might not have had one person with the speed that Pokey had last year but overall the speed of the team was pretty good. Their were a lot of good looking atheltes for GRC, however they weren't utilized. But I don't see what those coaches see everyday so there might have been a reason for that. I also question only giving the ball to that big running back once starting out 1st and goal around the 5.

You are correct but after watching Pokey play, a lot of people seem slow.
I think there a slower team overall, but fundamentally, they are not where they need to be.
Corbin could also play better. Lot of simple mistakes tonight, but they should get better as the season progresses.
I will say this, Corbin looks much better this year than they did last year.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Asst. Coach
You are correct but after watching Pokey play, a lot of people seem slow.
I think there a slower team overall, but fundamentally, they are not where they need to be.
Corbin could also play better. Lot of simple mistakes tonight, but they should get better as the season progresses.
I will say this, Corbin looks much better this year than they did last year.
Pokey had elite speed that you just don't see on every team each year. And in regards to last year they may very well be slower. But, I was comparing them to Corbin, and in that regard I thought their team speed was very good. They probably how corbin beat in speed at almost all positions. I will agree they weren't fundamentally sound. Corbin did make some simple mistakes (way too many false starts/encroachment penalties). But it was the first game with this new offense and that might take a couple more games to get in a good rhythm. Were Whitley and W'burg both on byes?
Old 08-17-2012, 07:21 PM
MOD

Pokey had elite speed that you just don't see on every team each year. And in regards to last year they may very well be slower. But, I was comparing them to Corbin, and in that regard I thought their team speed was very good. They probably how corbin beat in speed at almost all positions. I will agree they weren't fundamentally sound. Corbin did make some simple mistakes (way too many false starts/encroachment penalties). But it was the first game with this new offense and that might take a couple more games to get in a good rhythm. Were Whitley and W'burg both on byes?
I was impressed with Corbin tonight. They played better than i thought they would.

Williamsburg blasted Jellico 68-8, and Whitley was on a bye.
fence jumper (08-17-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 05:39 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
Gold Charger is on a distinguished road
GRC has a new coach this year. After 13 seasons Paul Columbia was fired last winter.

Jury stilll out on the new coach.....time will tell.
Send a private message to Gold Charger Add Gold Charger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:00 AM
MOD

^
I remember seeing that back in the spring.
Sadly, you could tell Columbia was not on the sidelines.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 321 Times in 210 Posts
MtnHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Redhounds!
Send a private message to MtnHSFootballFan Add MtnHSFootballFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Asst. Coach
^
Could be a long season for the Cards. Looking at the schedule, one win( Rowan Co) could be the only one they get.
Send a private message to Gold Charger Add Gold Charger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Asst. Coach
^
Could be a long season for the Cards. Looking at the schedule, one win( Rowan Co) could be the only one they get.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Cats02 is on a distinguished road
big win for corbin
Send a private message to Cats02 Add Cats02 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:11 PM
All American

Liked 1,452 Times in 1,021 Posts
panther nation is on a distinguished road
The redhound D showed some true grit with that great goal line stand at the end of the game, nice win hounds!! Food luck next week
Send a private message to panther nation Add panther nation to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 154 Times in 111 Posts
HAROLD is on a distinguished road
Who looked good for the Hounds? Did the Powers kid get a lot of carries? How about the other backs and Waddle at QB?
Send a private message to HAROLD Add HAROLD to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 997 Times in 672 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the Redhounds.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:07 AM
Starter
Liked 380 Times in 258 Posts
SEKYFAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HAROLD View Post
Who looked good for the Hounds? Did the Powers kid get a lot of carries? How about the other backs and Waddle at QB?
Jewell ran the ball well for Corbin and showed some surprising speed, gaining 160-170 yards. Powers had a few carries, with one really good run where he carried some defenders several yards before they could get him to the ground. He lost a fumble early in the game, which seemed to affect him the remainder of the game. Waddle looked better than I expected throwing the ball, had one beautiful ball that would have been a 60-70 yard TD dropped by the WR behind the defense.

The defense swarms to the ball, a few times maybe too aggressively, which led to a couple of long TD's. The pass defense looked shaky to me, GRC did not have a passing game to really test it though. Harp stood out on the defense and appears to be at full strength after playing with the knee injury last year. Grigsby, Jewell and Powers also made a lot of plays.
Send a private message to SEKYFAN Add SEKYFAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
outsidein is on a distinguished road
I believe that's the closest GRC has come to beating Corbin at Corbin. Very hard to beat Corbin at home. Alot of factors come in to play down there. Columbia lost down there 21-7.
Send a private message to outsidein Add outsidein to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 AM
Scout Team
Liked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Pigskinman53 is on a distinguished road
I agree EKU the realignment has really made 2A and 3A VERY DEEP classes
Send a private message to Pigskinman53 Add Pigskinman53 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football