Rate This Thread - Pikeville Varsity Cheerleaders Place 3rd at UCA Nationals.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Outta Space Balla

Liked 1,384 Times in 762 Posts
Panther Thunder will become famous soon enoughPanther Thunder will become famous soon enough
Default Pikeville Varsity Cheerleaders Place 3rd at UCA Nationals
Pikeville Varsity placed 3rd after making it straight to Finals in the Small D-II.

Great job, girls! A great finish for this squad and another notch to Mrs. Stone's astonishing career to go with 7 State Titles and 2 National Championships with several high finishes at Nationals. This 3rd place finish is the best finish at Nationals in a few years for PHS. Losing only one girl, they should be solid and a serious contender next year!

Now go get that 6th straight State Title!

Congratulations to Southwestern on winning the National Title in this division.

HAIL PIKEVILLE!

PIKEVILLE PANTHER BASEBALL

2010 15th Region All 'A' Champions
2010 All 'A' Elite 8
2010 59th District Champions
2010 15th Region Champions
2010 KHSAA Final Four

Send a private message to Panther Thunder Add Panther Thunder to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 AM
Statistician
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Saints52 is on a distinguished road
I'm a little late but great job! Awesome to see these girls represent the mountains on the national stage.
Send a private message to Saints52 Add Saints52 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 AM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
withoutadoubt is on a distinguished road
I have no respect for a team that has taken 3rd at nationals this year because they are using BABIES on the squad!! There are girls on their that arent even in high school!
If you cant win with the correct age group, you cant win. Previuos years prove that they cannot compete at nationals and win, but now that they added talent from little girls, they move may places up in ranking. No pride in that. Withoutadoubt.
mrknowitall (02-13-2013)
Send a private message to withoutadoubt Add withoutadoubt to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheerleader is on a distinguished road
doesn't matter how old they are its accepted by the khsaa.so dont make rude commments because you didnt make it to nationals. im proud of these girls and im sure you couldnt compete with them. goodluck at state girls do what everyone knows you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Send a private message to cheerleader Add cheerleader to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:04 AM
Head Coach
Location: Setting sail with Capt. Morgan and never leaving dry land
Liked 1,401 Times in 843 Posts
PHSForever is on a distinguished road
And I'm sure whatever school you support has won national championships, state championships, and you are truly indignant for, ya know, the HEALTH of the sport. Please. All of the girls were high school students. This is just a hater trolling. Congrats to the team for representing well!
Big Five-0- (06-05-2014)
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
withoutadoubt is on a distinguished road
I dont support any other cheer team. I am a friend of one. There are most definately girls on their squad that are not in high school. PLEASE check it out , I am not lying to you.
I love it when people from our area are nationally recognized. When they deserve it. Using little girls to boost your high school squad is NOT worth recognizing.
Send a private message to withoutadoubt Add withoutadoubt to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Outta Space Balla

Liked 1,384 Times in 762 Posts
Panther Thunder will become famous soon enoughPanther Thunder will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by withoutadoubt View Post
I dont support any other cheer team. I am a friend of one. There are most definately girls on their squad that are not in high school. PLEASE check it out , I am not lying to you.
I love it when people from our area are nationally recognized. When they deserve it. Using little girls to boost your high school squad is NOT worth recognizing.
Were the girls eligible to compete? Yes they were. Any other school could have done the same thing. I am not a great cheer expert, so I do not what kind of advantage you could get besides the fact that they are good at what they do. But no advantage was gained, because every other squad had the same option. Just something else for people to whine and complain about.

PIKEVILLE PANTHER BASEBALL

2010 15th Region All 'A' Champions
2010 All 'A' Elite 8
2010 59th District Champions
2010 15th Region Champions
2010 KHSAA Final Four

Send a private message to Panther Thunder Add Panther Thunder to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 PM
I am a 5 star prospect.

Liked 350 Times in 268 Posts
cougarpride08 has a spectacular aura aboutcougarpride08 has a spectacular aura aboutcougarpride08 has a spectacular aura about
I have always been impressed with Pikeville and wish them good luck at state, and good luck to Letcher Central Cheerleaders also.

My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter!
Big Five-0- (05-26-2013)
Send a private message to cougarpride08 Add cougarpride08 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ladybug10 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by withoutadoubt View Post
I have no respect for a team that has taken 3rd at nationals this year because they are using BABIES on the squad!! There are girls on their that arent even in high school!
If you cant win with the correct age group, you cant win. Previuos years prove that they cannot compete at nationals and win, but now that they added talent from little girls, they move may places up in ranking. No pride in that. Withoutadoubt.
Other sports team bring up young athletes if they are good enough. This is no different. The varsity cheer team ask the two girls if they would like to move up and they agreed and so did their parents. Nothing wrong with rewarding young talented athletes. Shelby Valley pulled up Leeza Mullins her 8th grade year and she was playing varsity. No one argued about her playing and that it wasn't "fair". Talent is talent. Not like they were holding people back for talent.
Send a private message to Ladybug10 Add Ladybug10 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Head Coach
Liked 780 Times in 533 Posts
Big Five-0- is on a distinguished road
This is another great honor for the Pikeville varsity girls, and Mrs. Stone.
Any time anything, or anyone enjoys success as Mrs. Stone and these young ladies have, envy rears it's ugly head as it has in this case. Pay no attention.
Congrats to the Pikeville varsity girls, and Mrs. Stone for a job well done.
Send a private message to Big Five-0- Add Big Five-0- to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Cheerleading