Rate This Thread - North Laurel 31 Williamsburg 14.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 PM
All American

Liked 1,179 Times in 814 Posts
panther nation is on a distinguished road
Default North Laurel 31 Williamsburg 14
North laurel 31 Williamsburg 14
Final

Last edited by RunItUpTheGut; 09-02-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Send a private message to panther nation Add panther nation to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 PM
All American

North socked all the Williamsburg fans by winning this one.
Send a private message to panther nation Add panther nation to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Statistician
Liked 128 Times in 85 Posts
Dietpepsidrinker is on a distinguished road
Tough game for the Jackets. North is much much improved over years past. Williamsburg should get well next Friday as they have Pike Co. Central. This is just a bump in the road for the Jackets.
Send a private message to Dietpepsidrinker Add Dietpepsidrinker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Statistician
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
BluegrassHoops1972 is on a distinguished road
Don't count your eggs before they hatch you have to remember PC has a tougher schedule than the Jackets and PC just played a 6A school so I believe it will be a close game but not easy, PC 24 Jackets 18
Send a private message to BluegrassHoops1972 Add BluegrassHoops1972 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Scout Team
Liked 171 Times in 124 Posts
JagSwag is on a distinguished road
Final score was NL 31 WHC 14. Good win for these Jags.
Send a private message to JagSwag Add JagSwag to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 1,180 Times in 859 Posts
mysonis55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, don't you know it's because they were moved to the other side of the field, they had to wear orange jerseys and they had a player out. Otherwise they were going undefeated this year. If you don't believe me ask the Wburg faithful.
pjdoug (09-03-2013)
Send a private message to mysonis55 Add mysonis55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Fuzzybeardad is on a distinguished road
About what I thought WB is just a good 1A team. Grads NL
Send a private message to Fuzzybeardad Add Fuzzybeardad to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Noble is on a distinguished road
Tough loss for the Jackets. Played hard.
Send a private message to Noble Add Noble to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:27 PM
MOD

Liked 6,376 Times in 4,382 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Bout what i predicted
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Scout Team
Liked 305 Times in 161 Posts
Walt Longmire is on a distinguished road
I picked it 35-21 North Laurel. Not too far off. While there is no shame in a good 1A team losing to an average 5A team I think this shows that Williamsburg has a lot of improving to do if they want to challenge Mayfield. It looks like a dogfight in the east between Hazard, Pikeville, Raceland and Williamsburg.
pjdoug (09-03-2013), RunItUpTheGut (09-02-2013)
Send a private message to Walt Longmire Add Walt Longmire to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:52 PM
MOD

Liked 6,376 Times in 4,382 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
^
Thats what makes me wonder.
If Wburg cant handle North Laurel, or atleast pick up a small win, its going to be very hard to put them in the same league as Mayfield.
pjdoug (09-03-2013), Walt Longmire (09-02-2013)
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Water Boy
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
The Pretender is on a distinguished road
I think this was a good measuring stick for the Jackets...no excuses in this one...NL was the better team this weekend!(lol) Lot of mental mistakes for W'burg. Dropped balls, missed blocks, not wrapping up, and a costly offsides penalty or 2. But games like these r what we need to prepare ourselves for stiffer competition when it really counts! Saw some good things tho..liked the fight in our guys! Showed heart and kept playing. Winning starts with attitude, and we r on the right track..also I'd like to give a S/O to the NL Qb. One of the corners from North got a little aggressive late and tackled one of our receivers n got a holding penalty. #1 was the first guy there, got his guy under control, patted our guy on the the back and showed real class!
JagSwag (09-03-2013)
Send a private message to The Pretender Add The Pretender to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Statistician
Liked 102 Times in 51 Posts
Briar jumper bd is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Chris Larkey on his teams win!!! I think Jags will have a great season! We miss you at the Rock Coach Chris!!!
Send a private message to Briar jumper bd Add Briar jumper bd to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
FootballAdiction is on a distinguished road
Once again this is the difference between a very good 1A football team and a very good 5A football team.
Send a private message to FootballAdiction Add FootballAdiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Starter
Liked 311 Times in 212 Posts
SEKYFAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
I think this was a good measuring stick for the Jackets...no excuses in this one...NL was the better team this weekend!(lol) Lot of mental mistakes for W'burg. Dropped balls, missed blocks, not wrapping up, and a costly offsides penalty or 2. But games like these r what we need to prepare ourselves for stiffer competition when it really counts! Saw some good things tho..liked the fight in our guys! Showed heart and kept playing. Winning starts with attitude, and we r on the right track..also I'd like to give a S/O to the NL Qb. One of the corners from North got a little aggressive late and tackled one of our receivers n got a holding penalty. #1 was the first guy there, got his guy under control, patted our guy on the the back and showed real class!

Playing this game will only make Williamsburg better in the long run. It exposes areas they need to get better at, and I for one think they will learn and grow from these challenges and win the region title this year.

Also, congrats to North Laurel, who has a very good team this year.
Send a private message to SEKYFAN Add SEKYFAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Head Coach
Liked 403 Times in 266 Posts
ROCKSOLID69 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to coach Chris and the jags
Send a private message to ROCKSOLID69 Add ROCKSOLID69 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:58 PM
All American

How many yards did Nelson and Blair have?? I said that Williamsburg line would have trouble with norths size and depth.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:59 PM
All American

Congrats to north on a solid win.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Head Coach
Liked 717 Times in 537 Posts
Scotty_Bronson is an unknown quantity at this point
About what I expected. North Laurel is up and Wburg just isnt as good as they seem. Tbh, I feel the same about Raceland. All the skill and potential in the world mean nothing if u cant win the games u should and atleast some of the games u shoukdnt. That is what makes good teams GREAT. Difference is here, idk if this was a game Wburg should have won. Raceland was the better team for 3 1/2 quarters against Ashland then in about 4 minutes Ashland's 4A numbers began to takes it toll on Raceland. Both the Jackets and the Rams have a long way to go to prove to me they deserve the talk they havebeen getting.
Send a private message to Scotty_Bronson Add Scotty_Bronson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:03 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
HG_Bullfrogs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Scotty_Bronson View Post
About what I expected. North Laurel is up and Wburg just isnt as good as they seem. Tbh, I feel the same about Raceland. All the skill and potential in the world mean nothing if u cant win the games u should and atleast some of the games u shoukdnt. That is what makes good teams GREAT. Difference is here, idk if this was a game Wburg should have won. Raceland was the better team for 3 1/2 quarters against Ashland then in about 4 minutes Ashland's 4A numbers began to takes it toll on Raceland. Both the Jackets and the Rams have a long way to go to prove to me they deserve the talk they havebeen getting.
Williamsburg was never leading the game and was always two touchdowns down I believe the entire game. Radio said 305 yards of offense for North and 235 for Williamsburg with 174 yards passing for the YellowJackets.
Send a private message to HG_Bullfrogs Add HG_Bullfrogs to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Statistician
Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
Blair and Nelson really impressed me for North. Good win for them. They are going to surprise some people this year.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:59 AM
Head Coach
Liked 717 Times in 537 Posts
Scotty_Bronson is an unknown quantity at this point
If Williamsburg never led and Only had around 60 yds rushing, that concerns me. Williamsburg will have to have some sort of run game to make the run that they are all saying they will down there. In comparison, Raceland put up 357 yds rushing and 105 yds passing at Ashland. If running the ball is working, stay at it. But Raceland threw the ball enough times to meep the saftey's back and the corners had to respect the recievers. It doesnt really work that way when you pose no threat to run the ball.

Last edited by Scotty_Bronson; 09-03-2013 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Mispelled words
Send a private message to Scotty_Bronson Add Scotty_Bronson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:22 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,438 Times in 1,735 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
I predict north laurel early in the season to go 8-2 and now going to predict them to go 9-1 go north.now for williamsburg i still see them going to bowling green in the east in 1A.
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:42 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Dungy is on a distinguished road
Here's the thing about W'burg...doesn't matter how often they lose in the first six weeks, so long as they improve and peak at the right time. They are in the worst 1A district and overall the worst region outside of Hazard. In that region, Berea/Lynn Camp/Jenkins are very weak, and Campbellsville/Harlan/Pineville just shy of that. In other words, they could roll through their district schedule and the first two rounds of the playoffs with their backups.

Regardless of rankings and records, they will be in the final 8 with a regional title rematch against Hazard at home.
Send a private message to Dungy Add Dungy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Statistician
Liked 168 Times in 109 Posts
oldhound70s is on a distinguished road
Dungy is absolutely right. They will cake walk into the playoffs. The Hazard game will be a great one and I predict they pull that one out just because they have so many seniors in key rolls. Probably the greatest thing about the North Laurel game was a huge dose of humility they and their fans received.
Send a private message to oldhound70s Add oldhound70s to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Statistician
Liked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Paul Crewe is on a distinguished road
Default North
North beat a good single A school. W'burg can not beat Hazard , Pikeville, Fairview or Raceland. We will see what North can do with their class whenever they play one!!!!!!
Send a private message to Paul Crewe Add Paul Crewe to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 1,180 Times in 859 Posts
mysonis55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Footballaddiction, I can think of a 1a team or 2 that will play that really good 5a team any time. It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. I know 1 that owns bragging rights this year against a very good 3a team and a real good 6a team.
Send a private message to mysonis55 Add mysonis55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Statistician
Liked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Newjacket is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mysonis55 View Post
Footballaddiction, I can think of a 1a team or 2 that will play that really good 5a team any time. It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. I know 1 that owns bragging rights this year against a very good 3a team and a real good 6a team.
Well good for you.
Send a private message to Newjacket Add Newjacket to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Suspended
Liked 69 Times in 51 Posts
Full deck is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Paul Crewe View Post
North beat a good single A school. W'burg can not beat Hazard , Pikeville, Fairview or Raceland. We will see what North can do with their class whenever they play one!!!!!!
And you know Williamsburg can't beat those schools how and why. Because North beat them that makes them not good. From everything I have heard and read Williamsburg is a very good football team that could beat a lot of schools bigger than them.
Only time will tell.
Send a private message to Full deck Add Full deck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football