Rate This Thread - Baptists have lost their way.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Statistician
Liked 24 Times in 23 Posts
mr.fundamental is on a distinguished road
Default Baptists have lost their way
So in ten years, our enrollment has shrunk roughly 1 million. That is 100,000 members a year. The baptist community the one's that have championed the separation of church and state, have not came out and condemn the Johnson admendment being removed from the tax bill. We had 50 pastors in Alabama to endorse Judge Moore. Here is an idea, endorse Christ. Period! The end! I am sad for our fellow Baptists and the traditions on which we were founded. I believe it is in this regard that we have lost our way and our numbers are showing. In my home county, just got in for Thanksgiving Break, 82% of the people do not attend a church. There is over 80 churches to choose from in my county. What the heck.

Any other county having the same problem, if so what are you doing about it?
Send a private message to mr.fundamental Add mr.fundamental to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Statistician
Also, want to point out we have not came up with any solutions about the mass killings that have happened in the U.S. with gun violence? We did however condemn the Confederate Flag and what it represents... we did that back in 2014 for anyone who cares about Baptists history.
Send a private message to mr.fundamental Add mr.fundamental to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,308 Times in 910 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
I am assuming you are referring to Southern Baptists?
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Hall of Fame

lol....Never mind the question...Now that I know who you are, it really doesn't matter..
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Statistician
I understand... Bob it is hard to look in the mirror. I am referring to the Southern Baptist. Facts are facts my friend... I agree it is in a sad state, but the good news it can change.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Hall of Fame

Well, it's really not hard to figure out the demise of Southern Baptists...But you would never be able to see it, so I will not waste my time...
Old 11-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Statistician
That is sad, Mr. Seger. I would value your opinion, I might disagree with it, but none the less value you it. I must confess I love being a Baptist, so how we can improve is important to me.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Who said that I wasn't a Baptist as well?

But I'm not going to get into it....Soooo, it'll just have to remain sad.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Statistician
I never said anything that you were not a Baptist. I would love for you to think about my denomination if you are not. Let me warn you though, Baptists are generally not liked. We were the first to push for the seperation of Church and State in the founding of the country. The reason being is that many of my fellow brothers and sisters were hung in Virginia, when they had an official state church, they would only allow their people to speak about salvation. Well, that did not sit well with the Baptists so we went to the streets to speak of salvation. We were prosecuted and hung. We pride ourselves on being mission oriented and try to help our neighbor whenever and wherever we can. There is a facebook page that shows our efforts in the Baptists Global Response. We are still trying to rebuild in Texas and in Puerto Rico. I would recommend checking it out.

Baptists also believe in the priesthood of the believer, meaning that through Jesus Christ, we can talk to God. Not because of the actions we have done, for we are sinners, but for what Christ has done for us.

Baptists also have a firm independence streak because of this.

Baptists believe God can speak to him or her in a variety of ways including but not limited too, the Gospel.

Now the for the Gospel, depending on which Baptist Church you go to you will receive a variety of Bibles being used... everything from the King James Version, New International Version, English Standard Version. I have been to a variety of Baptists churches across the state and seen the above used.

Baptists are controversial to say the least, we took a stand against raising the confederate flag. Baptists in 2014 condemned the act of the flying the flag because it is a stumbling block to the Great Commission.

We normally get our literature out of Nashville, Tennessee with a company called Lifeway.

Now, that you have some background of a Baptist, in case you are not, here is why I have said we have lost our way. WE as a denomination in my view wish for a theocracy now and no longer independent. WE would rather get into the political realm instead of doing Mathew 23 or Mathew 28. It is my personal fear that we are luke warm for Jesus, instead we have made this image of Him that goes against what He has said and done.

I will give you an example... the American Flag in a sanctuary.

Why do we have this in God's Holy Place? There are to be no idols. It is sad

Why do we have pictures of Jesus?

There are to be no graven images.

We hold up marriage as an instution of man and woman, yet it is not sacred, divorce rates are the same between us and non-believers.

We claim we are pro-life; yet, WE as a denomination do not push for healthcare for all
we have no stance on gun violence other than what is perceived as just get more guns.

The world needs US to be a light to show them the way to JESUS! WE HAVE LOST OUR WAY!!!

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Religion/Spirituality