Rate This Thread - Coaching rumors or job openings.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Scout Team
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I have heard there is a good chance Biggs at Mason might retire from coaching. Anyone else heard this?
Send a private message to Wolverine Add Wolverine to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:56 AM
Scout Team
If Floyd Central could get Noble from Buckhorn that would be a great hire. He is a great young coach.
Send a private message to Wolverine Add Wolverine to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:59 AM
Suspended
Liked 132 Times in 90 Posts
Big Hammer is on a distinguished road
Larry Caudill will be the coach at Floyd Central is what I'm hearing.Al Holland was never interested but has been helping the powers that be find a coach and recommended Caudill. Supposedly Caudill is one of the best basketball minds in the state and he brings the added bonus of his daughter coming to the girls team
Send a private message to Big Hammer Add Big Hammer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:59 AM
Scout Team
If Montgomery came open would Cook at Clark be interested? He has coached there before and his wife if from Mt. Sterling i believe.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Scout Team
Just a question not a rumor: With BB King's health problems will this be his last year coaching Knott Central?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Scout Team
I have also heard that Cothron will be back at Somerset
Old 03-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Starter
Liked 86 Times in 77 Posts
hoghead is on a distinguished road
I dont see Noble leaving Buckhorn hes got it made there and he got a great job. The only Job I see him leave for is Perry Central. To long of a drive for him. Noble will at Buckhorn next year.
Send a private message to hoghead Add hoghead to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Starter
Liked 86 Times in 77 Posts
hoghead is on a distinguished road
Al Holland to Knott County maybe
mountain hoops guru (03-02-2017)
Send a private message to hoghead Add hoghead to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:43 PM
2nd String
Liked 134 Times in 109 Posts
KentuckyFan35 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hoghead View Post
I dont see Noble leaving Buckhorn hes got it made there and he got a great job. The only Job I see him leave for is Perry Central. To long of a drive for him. Noble will at Buckhorn next year.
I'd say he lives closer to Floyd Central than Buckhorn!
Send a private message to KentuckyFan35 Add KentuckyFan35 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:46 PM
2nd String
Liked 134 Times in 109 Posts
KentuckyFan35 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hoghead View Post
Al Holland to Knott County maybe
This needs to stop right here!!! Not happening!!!
Send a private message to KentuckyFan35 Add KentuckyFan35 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 38 Times in 22 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
Only way Knott makes a change is if BB just doesn't want to coach anymore.
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Broken Play18 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Hammer View Post
Larry Caudill will be the coach at Floyd Central is what I'm hearing.Al Holland was never interested but has been helping the powers that be find a coach and recommended Caudill. Supposedly Caudill is one of the best basketball minds in the state and he brings the added bonus of his daughter coming to the girls team

Where has he coached?
Send a private message to Broken Play18 Add Broken Play18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Scout Team
Liked 82 Times in 57 Posts
Mjolnir is on a distinguished road
I know I was the one that first posted that Rowe (SV) was a possibility,but after talking to a source from Floyd Co. Word is there is nothing to this and that someone from SV started this rumor almost a year ago. Playing politics I reckon is what he said.
Send a private message to Mjolnir Add Mjolnir to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Scout Team
Liked 32 Times in 28 Posts
clipperw is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Broken Play18 View Post
Thank you for the reply. I honestly didn't know the answer. I would love to see either Coach get the job.
Welcome. Either one would be a great choice. I would think Noble stays at Buckhorn though, but anything is possible if the right offer was made.

If they have a chance of landing Al Holland, I think they should go that direction. I think Floyd Central would always be in the hunt for the 15th Region championship each season. As far as a proven name goes here in the mountains, Al Holland has a resume that is hard to match.

When I saw Kevin Spurlock was hired to teach at Allen Central, I thought that it might lead to him being the first boys coach at Floyd Central, just a guess on my part though as I didn't hear any rumors about it.
Send a private message to clipperw Add clipperw to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 49 Times in 39 Posts
worker1 is on a distinguished road
Based on the job he has done with SF this season shouldn't Holbrook be considered for Floyd Central?
Send a private message to worker1 Add worker1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:04 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
14thregionref is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KentuckyFan35 View Post
This needs to stop right here!!! Not happening!!!
If Coach King decides to step down, this very well could happen. Was rumored last year a little until Coach King decided to come back for his senior guard and the rest of his team.
Send a private message to 14thregionref Add 14thregionref to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Have heard, Coach Hammonds (Letcher)may be headed back to Jessamine County, Coach Amis (Breathitt) may have shot at the new James Madison school in Lexington or Floyd Central. Have heard rumors of Coach Holland (Hazard) to Knott, Floyd Central, or Letcher, which are all closer to Pikeville where his son is. Coach Bentley (Estill) Possibly to Hazard if Holland chooses to go elsewhere. Should definitely be some moving around in the 14th this year. Will be interesting for sure.
Send a private message to 14thregionref Add 14thregionref to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
realdealuk23 is on a distinguished road
If Larry Caudill is coaching Floyd central who will his daughter be playing for at Floyd central.
Send a private message to realdealuk23 Add realdealuk23 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
realdealuk23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Hammer View Post
If Larry Caudill is coaching Floyd central who will his daughter be playing for at Floyd central.
Send a private message to realdealuk23 Add realdealuk23 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by realdealuk23 View Post
He has a biddy league/grade school resume, he will not be the Head Coach at any of these schools. BUT, he does have an 8th grade daughter that could make any team a contender, so he could make some coach a great ASSISTANT or Stat man.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Statistician
Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Glory Days is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by realdealuk23 View Post
Randy Napier. 😂
Send a private message to Glory Days Add Glory Days to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Statistician
Liked 49 Times in 44 Posts
Easy Wind is on a distinguished road
Josh hurt to hazard
Send a private message to Easy Wind Add Easy Wind to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BBallFan3680 is on a distinguished road
I don't understand at all why Floyd Central even needs to be looking for a new head coach, they have a great young coach that's already coaching South Floyd. It's horrible that they are even thinking of getting anyone else. Apparently a lot of or all the personnel for both South Floyd and Allen Central will be replaced, and I think that's plain ridiculous. I don't know much or really anything about the Allen Central coaches but why not let them join together to run all the teams, at least give them a couple of years to do the best job they can and I'm sure they would do fine, if they don't succeed then the school system could make a change. These coaches and players know each other so well that to me it would be redundant to make any changes at all. South Floyd would be returning most of the team from this year and I'm sure Allen Central had some great players as well and I'm sure the coaches could work out some kind of compromise on how to run the team. Same goes for the girls basketball teams as well as all other sports. Come on Floyd county school system, pull your heads out of your rears and do the right thing.
Send a private message to BBallFan3680 Add BBallFan3680 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:54 PM
Head Coach
Liked 163 Times in 114 Posts
LOOKAYANNER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 14thregionref View Post
Have heard, Coach Hammonds (Letcher)may be headed back to Jessamine County, Coach Amis (Breathitt) may have shot at the new James Madison school in Lexington or Floyd Central. Have heard rumors of Coach Holland (Hazard) to Knott, Floyd Central, or Letcher, which are all closer to Pikeville where his son is. Coach Bentley (Estill) Possibly to Hazard if Holland chooses to go elsewhere. Should definitely be some moving around in the 14th this year. Will be interesting for sure.
When you say "the new James Madison school in Lexington" do you mean the new Frederick Douglas school? I haven't heard of a new James Madison school in Fayette County.
14thregionref (03-04-2017)
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,279 Times in 1,063 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 14thregionref View Post
Don't see Coach Bentley leaving Estill. Not this season, not with the team he's gonna have next season. returning 4/5 starters plus a solid 8th grade team coming in. He shouldn't have any problems winning this district again.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LOOKAYANNER View Post
When you say "the new James Madison school in Lexington" do you mean the new Frederick Douglas school? I haven't heard of a new James Madison school in Fayette County.
My bad, wrong name. You are correct. Fredrick Douglas is what I meant. 🙄
Old 03-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts
sportscritic is on a distinguished road
Best thing to happen to Betsy Layne would be Floyd Central hire someone outside and the Bobcats welcome coach Holbrook and Triplet to Bobcat Country.
Send a private message to sportscritic Add sportscritic to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:35 PM
2nd String
Liked 110 Times in 90 Posts
basketball101 is on a distinguished road
Betsy Lane needs there gym finished .
Send a private message to basketball101 Add basketball101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
bobcats#1fan is on a distinguished road
Kevin Spurlock to Floyd Central
New coach at Pburg is the word and possibly BL.
Hearing Dougie Hopkins candidate for both.
McCoy could be retiring at ER
Send a private message to bobcats#1fan Add bobcats#1fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:27 AM
2nd String
Liked 110 Times in 90 Posts
basketball101 is on a distinguished road
Kevin has had some nice coaching jobs .
Send a private message to basketball101 Add basketball101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball