Rate This Thread - Floyd Central.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
AllMountainSports is on a distinguished road
Default Floyd Central
Now that both schools have finished their seasons, it's time to look ahead to next season. Looking at the rosters of AC and SF. A combination of them should immediately make them a contender and top 2 team in the region before even having a coach hired. JR Tackett at the point surrounded by players that any of them could go for 20+ on any given night has the makings for tackett to average at least 15 ppg and 7+ apg, depending on the coach, the Jags should be in for a good season in their first.
Jason Spriggs (03-06-2017)
Send a private message to AllMountainSports Add AllMountainSports to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:41 PM

Liked 781 Times in 611 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Has South Floyd's coach worked himself right into the job with the seasons his teams have had the past two years?
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:44 PM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
Has South Floyd's coach worked himself right into the job with the seasons his teams have had the past two years?
Highly unlikely, Henry Webb wants a new face around.
Send a private message to AllMountainSports Add AllMountainSports to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:45 PM
2nd String
Liked 110 Times in 90 Posts
basketball101 is on a distinguished road
Henry will pick the coach
Send a private message to basketball101 Add basketball101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:01 PM
Statistician
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Gsjhe is on a distinguished road
I think their definitely a top 3 team in the region and could quite possibly win the region. Pikeville won't lose anyone so I think they'll be there, also Johnson Central will always be in the conversation even if they do lose Blair and Crase.
Send a private message to Gsjhe Add Gsjhe to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:59 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MrMechanic is on a distinguished road
How bout Robert Amis, John Noble, Kevin Spurlock????
Send a private message to MrMechanic Add MrMechanic to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:19 AM
2nd String
Liked 110 Times in 90 Posts
basketball101 is on a distinguished road
Could be great team
Send a private message to basketball101 Add basketball101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Amis did a wonderful job at Breathitt and I hear he is out there. Spurlock is a proven winner. Can Noble handle a much larger program where expectations will be seriously higher than at his current position.
Send a private message to MrMechanic Add MrMechanic to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Could Al Holland be the answer? He's rumored to be looking to leaving Bulldog nation.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Statistician
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
daredevil4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you think Spurlock would come back and coach? I heard he was enjoying his life being out of coaching. More time with family. He's a grandfather now and is really into that role. Plus, he has a role at church that he takes very seriously. So, not too sure he would give all that up to get back into the 99.9% thankless job of being a high school basketball coach. He has nothing left to prove. All 'A' state champion. Regional champion. 7 district championships. BUT, crazier things have happened in this profession.
Send a private message to daredevil4life Add daredevil4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 88 Times in 65 Posts
Blacksmith is on a distinguished road
I think it they can be a really good team. Ive thought about this often this year. with a solid coach theres a great foundation of players to build with.
Send a private message to Blacksmith Add Blacksmith to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:05 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 35 Times in 29 Posts
Wyatt Earp will become famous soon enoughWyatt Earp will become famous soon enough
I use to like basketball but the sound of the ball hitting the floor drives me crazy anymore!
Send a private message to Wyatt Earp Add Wyatt Earp to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:29 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
-STAT- has a spectacular aura about-STAT- has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to -STAT- Send a message via Yahoo to -STAT-
Floyd Central should have a great first season. A great blend of talent coming from both sides. The 2 most important elements, is who will be hired as the HC, and if that HC can develop a positive chemistry with these kids. Will be very interesting to see how things turn out.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why, I succeed." -Michael Jordan

"The ceiling is the roof." -Michael Jordan

Send a private message to -STAT- Add -STAT- to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Suspended
Liked 132 Times in 90 Posts
Big Hammer is on a distinguished road
Rumor: Al Holland is not interested in leaving Hazard but he was asked to recommend a coach. The name I'm hearing is Larry Caudill supposedly one of the top basketball minds in the state. He also has a girl that's a very good player that will come with him
Send a private message to Big Hammer Add Big Hammer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rodney Rowe is rumored to be the likely hire
Old 03-06-2017, 09:37 AM
BGR Mafia

Liked 299 Times in 185 Posts
Redneck is on a distinguished road
JR VanHoose
Send a private message to Redneck Add Redneck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:52 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 171 Times in 146 Posts
fatpatfan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AllMountainSports View Post
Now that both schools have finished their seasons, it's time to look ahead to next season. Looking at the rosters of AC and SF. A combination of them should immediately make them a contender and top 2 team in the region before even having a coach hired. JR Tackett at the point surrounded by players that any of them could go for 20+ on any given night has the makings for tackett to average at least 15 ppg and 7+ apg, depending on the coach, the Jags should be in for a good season in their first.

Bolz, ole fatpat is awful proud that Floyd is wanting to put me at the helm. JPC said can't do it baby. BoPo heard word and hasn't eat in 3 days and CT crashed another golf cart. I told CT and BoPo that their big man aint going no where. CT is getting me a better chair for the warroom and increased consession service during games, wowza!!!

#everyonewantswhatknotthas More mash taters please!!!
Send a private message to fatpatfan Add fatpatfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts
sportscritic is on a distinguished road
I don't think Larry Caudill has the experience to take a top three school in 15th region. This job will be Rowe's, Spurlock, or SF coach mark it down.
Send a private message to sportscritic Add sportscritic to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
SportsSportsSports is on a distinguished road
Rodney Rowe is rumored to be the likely hire
He is the best choice IMO
Send a private message to SportsSportsSports Add SportsSportsSports to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 88 Times in 65 Posts
Blacksmith is on a distinguished road
Floyd central jobs were just posted by the system and close on the 15th
Send a private message to Blacksmith Add Blacksmith to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Milkcrate52 is on a distinguished road
From what I'm hearing from kids at AC, is that Spurlock has said multiple times he does not wish to coach the team. So, they may be out of the question
Send a private message to Milkcrate52 Add Milkcrate52 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Statistician
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wire is on a distinguished road
I have heard that Thacker of Rowan Co might be interested in the job..Has anyone else heard this???
Send a private message to Wire Add Wire to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:17 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
bobcats#1fan is on a distinguished road
It's Rodney Rowe's is the word if he takes it.
Send a private message to bobcats#1fan Add bobcats#1fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rowe has now rumored to have declined the FC job
Old 03-06-2017, 08:58 PM
BGR Mafia

Liked 299 Times in 185 Posts
Redneck is on a distinguished road
I posted his name earlier, but I would love to see JR VanHoose get this job (if he was interested).
Basketballmom41 (03-06-2017)
Send a private message to Redneck Add Redneck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Scout Team
Liked 86 Times in 67 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wire View Post
I have heard that Thacker of Rowan Co might be interested in the job..Has anyone else heard this???
I think this is possible. Thought this might be his last year in Morehead. Last child in school graduates (I think the last one). He loses a lot at Rowan.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Scout Team
Liked 82 Times in 57 Posts
Mjolnir is on a distinguished road
My sources say he was never considered,although he and his brother are good friends of Webb
Send a private message to Mjolnir Add Mjolnir to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:20 PM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts
kids03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wire View Post
Would he move over to coach the Girls after coaching boys for so many years?
Send a private message to kids03 Add kids03 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Scout Team
Liked 176 Times in 119 Posts
Big Don is on a distinguished road
Heard Saul Smith was spotted at Reno's in P-burg today. Is he being considered/interviewed?
Blackcat_2008 (03-08-2017), Redneck (03-06-2017)
Send a private message to Big Don Add Big Don to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:40 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
-STAT- has a spectacular aura about-STAT- has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to -STAT- Send a message via Yahoo to -STAT-
I've heard those same rumors that he declined it. The one name that I seen on here that seems to be the most interesting, is Shawn Thacker. He's had a ton of success at Rowan Co, came a few seconds from winning a State Championship, plus he played at AC, so it would be a homecoming of sorts for him. First time I've heard his name mentioned, would actually love to see him get it if there's interest there.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why, I succeed." -Michael Jordan

"The ceiling is the roof." -Michael Jordan

Send a private message to -STAT- Add -STAT- to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball