Rate This Thread - Floyd Central.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts
kids03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kids03 View Post
Would he move over to coach the Girls after coaching boys for so many years?
Sorry that was a late night post, thought I was on Girls page. That be a great hire if he were to apply but don't see him doing that.
Send a private message to kids03 Add kids03 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:29 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Speedshot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
Has South Floyd's coach worked himself right into the job with the seasons his teams have had the past two years?
Talked with 2 Raiders players... obviously they want coach Holbrook to coach their team next year. One key returner says he will only play for Holbrook next year.
Send a private message to Speedshot Add Speedshot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:08 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 35 Times in 29 Posts
Wyatt Earp will become famous soon enoughWyatt Earp will become famous soon enough
It's not J.R. Is it?
Send a private message to Wyatt Earp Add Wyatt Earp to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Broken Play18 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Speedshot View Post
Talked with 2 Raiders players... obviously they want coach Holbrook to coach their team next year. One key returner says he will only play for Holbrook next year.

I'm calling bs on this. No player would say that. The coach has yet to be picked and saying you won't play for anyone else is absurd.
Send a private message to Broken Play18 Add Broken Play18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:19 PM

Liked 810 Times in 637 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
I just don't understand how the SF coach wouldn't just be given the job. Look at the job he did with the Raiders this year and basically his who team is returning, it just makes the most sense for me. But I guess it doesn't make the most sense if you think of it from the Allen Central side because the SF kids may get more of bias towards them. **not saying Holbrook would do that because I know him personally and know he wouldn't do that**

But that is the only reason I couldn't see him not getting the job right away.
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
NOTORIOUS2 is on a distinguished road
I just don't understand how the SF coach wouldn't just be given the job. Look at the job he did with the Raiders this year and basically his who team is returning, it just makes the most sense for me. But I guess it doesn't make the most sense if you think of it from the Allen Central side because the SF kids may get more of bias towards them. **not saying Holbrook would do that because I know him personally and know he wouldn't do that**

He won three district championships........in possibly the worst district in the region.
Send a private message to NOTORIOUS2 Add NOTORIOUS2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
SportsSportsSports is on a distinguished road

Justin is a great person, however, he is not the best coach. FCHS is trying to go all the way next year and it just won't happen with him. He won district 3x which is great but he also won is what is questionably one of the worst districts in the state. Fresh face and experienced coach is what we need.
Send a private message to SportsSportsSports Add SportsSportsSports to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Water Boy
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thirsty Dog is on a distinguished road
I thought this was supposed to be state of the art high school in academics and athletics for students in Floyd county. With a 50 plus million dollar $$$$ high school (counting all the change orders) you would think that they would offer boys and girls track, boys and girls cross country, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls tennis, and wrestling. They don't have any of those coaching jobs listed. They are in a AAA football district so they should have the numbers to support these other sports. Studies show the more students involved the better success of students, but they do offer bass fishing.
Send a private message to Thirsty Dog Add Thirsty Dog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Don't think it's going to matter much as long as the Tackett boy is on board with the new coach
Send a private message to SportsSportsSports Add SportsSportsSports to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Thirsty Dog View Post
I thought this was supposed to be state of the art high school in academics and athletics for students in Floyd county. With a 50 plus million dollar $$$$ high school (counting all the change orders) you would think that they would offer boys and girls track, boys and girls cross country, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls tennis, and wrestling. They don't have any of those coaching jobs listed. They are in a AAA football district so they should have the numbers to support these other sports. Studies show the more students involved the better success of students, but they do offer bass fishing.

Interest has to be shown before extra sports are added. Once the school year starts more things will be added if enough students show interest.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:11 PM
BGR Staff

Wyatt Earp will become famous soon enoughWyatt Earp will become famous soon enough
Excellent questions! They can have those as it goes before the council.
NOTORIOUS2 (03-07-2017), SportsSportsSports (03-07-2017)
Send a private message to Wyatt Earp Add Wyatt Earp to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:58 PM
Water Boy
Should already be established. One would think that a Title IX interest survey of returning students was completed this past fall, data reviewed by district staff, and a plan implemented to coordinate the athletic programs for the new school. Why wait on a council when the district is controlling and staffing the school? What is student interest, or does the district actually know?
Send a private message to Thirsty Dog Add Thirsty Dog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:57 PM
Statistician
Liked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Mister D is on a distinguished road
I expect Floyd Central to be a top 3 team in the 15th at least. I believe it is the top 5 players from South Floyd and the top 3 players from Allen central all returning if they all go to Floyd Central and play. That is a really good base to build from especially considering both teams made the regional tournament and played really well this year. For their sake I hope they make the right decision for their coach because with the players they have returning they have a legitimate shot to win the region next year. Holbrook has done a great job with South Floyd but they may over look him. Spurlock, Thacker, and Rowe have all had major success in the past but would they be able to blend the two teams in one year to make it to Rupp next season.
rebel204 (03-08-2017), SportsSportsSports (03-08-2017)
Send a private message to Mister D Add Mister D to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:30 AM
BGR Staff

They didn't have to have survey because schools were closing. They will the first year at Floyd Central. There was interest in soccer and track so the council can add any which they should with high interest. That's the way I understand it to be.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:51 AM
Water Boy
Didn't have to but should have in the best interest of the students. Enough said. Too much work we guess.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:24 AM
BGR Staff

No not that much work and the KHSAA was notified as what they needed the schools to do. Sometimes the best interest is to go by what is determined by calling and asking what to do. The AD at One of the schools has been doing a lot on their own in scheduling games etc. and I'm positive they will do what's best for the kids. An old friend of mine once said hard work never killed anyone but why chance it. That's not the case here.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:10 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Starbucks is on a distinguished road
When will they start hiring coaches for all the sports?
Send a private message to Starbucks Add Starbucks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
When will they start hiring coaches for all the sports?
Should be soon. If I'm not mistaking applications have to be submitted within the next week or 2
Old 03-10-2017, 07:39 PM
BGR Staff

They would need to wait for baseball and softball because these sports are on going now. The others should be before long. Applications are up by the 15th.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
GOAT#4 is on a distinguished road
Any more thoughts of who any of these coaches may be? I don't have any info but are they interested in guys who have head coaching experience or would they take an assistant from somewhere?
Send a private message to GOAT#4 Add GOAT#4 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Jason Spriggs is on a distinguished road
I hope they hire a good coach that will make our boys earn their​ spots and play to win instead of some high class big shot that our boys won't like and plays politics.
Send a private message to Jason Spriggs Add Jason Spriggs to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Suspended
Liked 132 Times in 90 Posts
Big Hammer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sportscritic View Post
I don't think Larry Caudill has the experience to take a top three school in 15th region. This job will be Rowe's, Spurlock, or SF coach mark it down.
I'm still hearing Caudill.Spurlock and Rowe are definitely not going to get the job. Not even heard the SF coach mentioned. If it's not Larry Caudill I'll be suprised
Send a private message to Big Hammer Add Big Hammer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Water Boy
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
AllMountainSports is on a distinguished road
Just who is Mr. Caudill? I'm not entirely sure of his background.
Send a private message to AllMountainSports Add AllMountainSports to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
realdealuk23 is on a distinguished road
Have heard triplets name for the Floyd central girls. Does that mean the boys will be from south Floyd?
Send a private message to realdealuk23 Add realdealuk23 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:33 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
realdealuk23 is on a distinguished road
The applications process ended yesterday so whats the word on who gets the jobs.
Send a private message to realdealuk23 Add realdealuk23 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Suspended
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
big dawg, small yard is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrMechanic View Post
How bout Robert Amis, John Noble, Kevin Spurlock????
Kevin spurlock was going be the girls coach but shot his mouth off to the wrong one and shot himself out of that job so he isn't going to be coaching anything at Floyd central
Send a private message to big dawg, small yard Add big dawg, small yard to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:07 AM
Suspended
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
big dawg, small yard is on a distinguished road
Johnny Martin is number 1 on the list for the coaching job if he wants the job
Send a private message to big dawg, small yard Add big dawg, small yard to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:22 AM
2nd String
Liked 100 Times in 77 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by big dawg, small yard View Post
Johnny Martin is number 1 on the list for the coaching job if he wants the job
Did he apply?
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Scout Team
Liked 118 Times in 96 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AllMountainSports View Post
Rowe has now rumored to have declined the FC job
According to Rodney Rowe, he's declined every open job in EKY for the last 20 years.
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Statistician
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
daredevil4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Who did Spurlock supposedly tick off? And is Johnny Martin moving back from Oklahoma?
Send a private message to daredevil4life Add daredevil4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball