Rate This Thread - Floyd Central.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:38 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 88 Times in 65 Posts
Blacksmith is on a distinguished road
Im not sure Martin would come back to Floyd co and coach.
Send a private message to Blacksmith Add Blacksmith to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Starter
Liked 247 Times in 171 Posts
new o is an unknown quantity at this point
Why make stuff up? Rodney Rowe does not speak of his personal business.
Send a private message to new o Add new o to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:38 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
ViewfromtheSideline is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to seeing Floyd Central's school and gymnasium next season!
Send a private message to ViewfromtheSideline Add ViewfromtheSideline to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:38 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 35 Times in 29 Posts
Wyatt Earp will become famous soon enoughWyatt Earp will become famous soon enough
The rumors about Kevin Spurlock and Johnny simply are not anything but that. Rumors. No one has been selected for boys or girls. Haven't formed a committee to hire yet. Applications were up yesterday. Tony Isaac the AD of South Floyd has been completing both schedules in basketball.
Send a private message to Wyatt Earp Add Wyatt Earp to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:20 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
Henry Webb will be the only person picking the coaches. No committee.
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:38 PM
BGR Staff

Wyatt Earp will become famous soon enoughWyatt Earp will become famous soon enough
He has a huge input but yes there will be a committee.
Send a private message to Wyatt Earp Add Wyatt Earp to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
football-junkie 01 is on a distinguished road
So who are the masterminds on this committee? I honestly don't believe it exists but if it's the same people who have made decisions at allen central and south Floyd then Floyd central will be doomed from the start. Many kids have left the county and I look for more to follow. Look at the football team. It's mid march and still no coach. At this rate, Floyd county athletics will continue to be less than mediocre especially when compared to surrounding counties. Great job Floyd County BOE!
Send a private message to football-junkie 01 Add football-junkie 01 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:02 PM
BGR Staff

Lol
NOTORIOUS2 (03-17-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 07:13 AM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
I don't find this very amusing Wyatt. Maybe you are one of those mastermind committee members? Where exactly were these jobs posted? Wasn't the KHSAA website.
Send a private message to football-junkie 01 Add football-junkie 01 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:34 AM
BGR Staff

No mastermind here. You know sometimes a person amuses themselves by simply listening.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:30 AM
BGR Staff

I typed in Floyd county schools and found supplemental positions for Floyd Central. It stated contact Ted George to apply. I believe the deadline was the 15th which gave about two weeks for anyone interested. I never check out KHSAA for any listing.

Last edited by Wyatt Earp; 03-19-2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Error
Old 03-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
GOAT#4 is on a distinguished road
Dr. Webb was seen at the Sweet16 on Thursday, which is very normal since State Tourney also host state Superintendent meetings at the same time, but was he there possibly finding a coach? This is the time when all the coaching movement starts. Anyway just wondering who or what the rumors maybe. Plus other than boys basketball there are tons of other coaching positions that may be needed at Floyd Central. Things should start to get interesting very soon.
Send a private message to GOAT#4 Add GOAT#4 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:18 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Jethro Bodine is on a distinguished road
I have heard that this job is John Noble of Buckhorn's if he wants it! Would not be surprised to see him as a Jaguar soon.
Send a private message to Jethro Bodine Add Jethro Bodine to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:56 AM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thirsty Dog is on a distinguished road
People on the Interview committee are: Henry Webb, Joe Marson, Bonita Compton, Ted George, and Greta Thornsberry. This committee makeup might tell more than just coaching.
Send a private message to Thirsty Dog Add Thirsty Dog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Not one person on that committee is capable of hiring a coach for any sport. Pathetic!
Old 03-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
Any new news on a hire? John Noble would be a great hire but I would be surprised if he left Buckhorn.
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Starbucks is on a distinguished road
How in the world do you hire a basketball coach and you do not have Coach Jr. Newsome on the interview committee? He is a legend, great person and great coach. Like I said in an earlier post....Keep the buddy system out of the hiring process and hire the best possible candidate. I will say it again....How do you interview for the head basketball coaching position and not have Jr. Newsome on the interview committee. Now, having said that...John Noble is a great coach! Great with the kids, the community and the people he works with. I truly wish the best for Floyd Central....I am just simply stating my opinion and like I said before "only time will tell".
Send a private message to Starbucks Add Starbucks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:58 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
KRS forbids board of education members from being involved with personnel decisions, other than hiring of the district superintendent.
Send a private message to Thirsty Dog Add Thirsty Dog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:06 PM

Liked 781 Times in 611 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
How in the world do you hire a basketball coach and you do not have Coach Jr. Newsome on the interview committee? He is a legend, great person and great coach. Like I said in an earlier post....Keep the buddy system out of the hiring process and hire the best possible candidate. I will say it again....How do you interview for the head basketball coaching position and not have Jr. Newsome on the interview committee. Now, having said that...John Noble is a great coach! Great with the kids, the community and the people he works with. I truly wish the best for Floyd Central....I am just simply stating my opinion and like I said before "only time will tell".
I'm right with you, Coach Newsome is a local legend and has been around the game a long time. I even played four years under the man and he taught me a lot not only about basketball but about he real world.

But I think if you put him on the committee then a lot of people start to think that they deserve to be on the committee as well. And with Coach's new position on the board of education it may conflict with him being able to be apart of the committee.
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:00 PM
Water Boy
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Theking123 is on a distinguished road
What is the word on the Tackett boy at FC hesitation on going if so not good for FC!!!!
Send a private message to Theking123 Add Theking123 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:49 AM
Statistician
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
CA3 is on a distinguished road
Floyd Central has picked a coach. Will post as soon as I get the clear to do so.
Send a private message to CA3 Add CA3 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Scout Team
Liked 68 Times in 43 Posts
MR. Slate is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CA3 View Post
Floyd Central has picked a coach. Will post as soon as I get the clear to do so.
Everyone knows it is Spurlock.
Send a private message to MR. Slate Add MR. Slate to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:23 PM
2nd String
Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Matman will become famous soon enough
Spurlock for boys basketball. Hager for football and assistant on basketball. Baseball is TBD
Send a private message to Matman Add Matman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Statistician
Liked 42 Times in 30 Posts
UpYours is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MR. Slate View Post
Everyone knows it is Spurlock.
This was set into motion a few years ago when Spurlock left PCC and went to AC. No shock to me.
Send a private message to UpYours Add UpYours to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:11 PM
2nd String
Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Matman will become famous soon enough
I may have overlooked it but are they not going to have a track team or wrestling team?
Send a private message to Matman Add Matman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:39 PM
Water Boy
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Theking123 is on a distinguished road
Is the word true Tackett and company from SF have a hesitation after announcement
Send a private message to Theking123 Add Theking123 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:47 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
I was informed that only three people interviewed for the boys coaching job. Coach at SF, AC, and Kevin Spurlock. We heard all school year that Kevin Spurlock would be the coach for basketball and Hagar would coach the football team. However, it was vehemently denied by those involved. People were told there were piles of applications, if this is true then the interview process was just a formality. People also said that the girls coach at SF will coach the girls. AD at SF will be new school AD. Of course this to has been vehemently denied. We will see?
Old 03-31-2017, 08:10 PM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Surprise...Surprise.....! Like I said earlier....The old "buddy system" at its finest. Spurlock as the head coach for boys basketball and Hager the head football coach. Time will tell!
Send a private message to Starbucks Add Starbucks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:37 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Broken Play18 is on a distinguished road
Only two applicants for the girls coach. Justin Triplett is a good coach and an even finer person.
Send a private message to Broken Play18 Add Broken Play18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:21 PM
Statistician
Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
K40 is on a distinguished road
🤔

Last edited by K40; 03-31-2017 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Not worth it
Send a private message to K40 Add K40 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball