Rate This Thread - Floyd Central.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:29 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thirsty Dog is on a distinguished road
So, what happened to the so called statewide search that was supposed to pull in coaching talent from all over creation? They only posted jobs on the district web site. Didn't post on KDE, or KHSAA. Only two application for girls, and only two interviewed for football, and three interviewed for boys position. Or, maybe people were afraid to apply or even put their name into consideration. A couple coaches I talked to were afraid of the backing they would get and no way would they apply.
Send a private message to Thirsty Dog Add Thirsty Dog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:45 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 88 Times in 65 Posts
Blacksmith is on a distinguished road
Been a lot of talk about the boys hire tonight. Not a lot of it in positive tones to be honest
Send a private message to Blacksmith Add Blacksmith to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Milkcrate52 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Thirsty Dog View Post
I was informed that only three people interviewed for the boys coaching job. Coach at SF, AC, and Kevin Spurlock. We heard all school year that Kevin Spurlock would be the coach for basketball and Hagar would coach the football team. However, it was vehemently denied by those involved. People were told there were piles of applications, if this is true then the interview process was just a formality. People also said that the girls coach at SF will coach the girls. AD at SF will be new school AD. Of course this to has been vehemently denied. We will see?
This is false, Allen Central's coach didn't get interviewed and neither did South Floyd's. Both knew that they was going with a new face. There also wasn't a pile of applications, there was only 5 that applied.
Send a private message to Milkcrate52 Add Milkcrate52 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
WinkWinkler is on a distinguished road
Why would anyone apply to a position that was already promised? No self respecting coach would apply for any job in Eastern Kentucky. Simple politics fill the positions and people wonder why their team cannot win championships. The 15th region will be horrible for the foreseeable future.
Send a private message to WinkWinkler Add WinkWinkler to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:43 AM
Head Coach
Liked 362 Times in 296 Posts
99PIRATEFAN is on a distinguished road
All I know is in 2013 Spurlock had Beverly and Johnson and couldn't win the 14th I guess we'll see how it goes for him this go around I believe I would have hired the coach from SF
Send a private message to 99PIRATEFAN Add 99PIRATEFAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Water Boy
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Theking123 is on a distinguished road
This could be true rumor is some players are not pleased with the NEW coach let's hope it is not the top few players or the FC could be in trouble before it gets started
Send a private message to Theking123 Add Theking123 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:50 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 88 Times in 65 Posts
Blacksmith is on a distinguished road
I really want to see this program get off on the right foot
Send a private message to Blacksmith Add Blacksmith to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball