Rate This Thread - 14th Region 2017/18.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,269 Times in 1,053 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
Default 14th Region 2017/18
With Perry Central winning the region this season, what's next season look like?

Estill County, Wolfe County both return just about all of their team from this season.

Knott County Central loses Combs but returns several key players from this season's team.

Perry Central, Powell County, Cordia, Breathitt County lose several key players.

Also hearing that their could be several big coaching changes made among the 14th this offseason....

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Statistician
Liked 67 Times in 52 Posts
Huggy_Bear is on a distinguished road
With the coaching changes that are rumored to take place and the inevitable student-athlete transfers that will no doubt happen, the 14th region is a tricky one to predict. We'll have to see what this summer holds.
Send a private message to Huggy_Bear Add Huggy_Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:10 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
14th region fanman is on a distinguished road
Lets hear some of the rumors. Who could be going where? And who could be leaving?
Send a private message to 14th region fanman Add 14th region fanman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Scout Team
Liked 86 Times in 67 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
No need in making any predictions until the season begins or even later. No one will know anyone's full roster until the season starts. Returning players have little bearing on it. It's who's not there now that will be.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
eky.sports.fan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION View Post
No need in making any predictions until the season begins or even later. No one will know anyone's full roster until the season starts. Returning players have little bearing on it. It's who's not there now that will be.
Sadly this statement appears to be true - however, if you were going by who has what returning, I would say the preseason top teams would be 1) Estill 2) Wolfe 3) Knott ; but, who knows what kids will show up on which rosters.
Send a private message to eky.sports.fan Add eky.sports.fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:37 PM
Statistician
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Qui-Gon Jinn is on a distinguished road
I would bet big money PCC will have plenty of out of state and foreign recruits coming in during the off-season... Oh, I mean kids only transferring on their own with no influences to get the best education available, not for basketball reasons.
Send a private message to Qui-Gon Jinn Add Qui-Gon Jinn to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
FunFan is on a distinguished road
Default Pcc
Several of PCC's 14th region championships have come with the help of guys not from Perry.
Send a private message to FunFan Add FunFan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:27 AM
Suspended
Liked 132 Times in 90 Posts
Big Hammer is on a distinguished road
No chance of having a thread about anything it always comes back to the sos. I would love to hear some comments about players and coaches for next season, and what teams will be good. But I'm sick of this PCC bashing
Send a private message to Big Hammer Add Big Hammer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:48 AM
Statistician
Liked 140 Times in 93 Posts
Buford T Justice is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Strikeout King View Post
With Perry Central winning the region this season, what's next season look like?

Estill County, Wolfe County both return just about all of their team from this season.

Knott County Central loses Combs but returns several key players from this season's team.

Perry Central, Powell County, Cordia, Breathitt County lose several key players.

Also hearing that their could be several big coaching changes made among the 14th this offseason....
Cordia only looses 1 player Malik Henry they played a really tough schedule last year and they should be in the thick of things.
Send a private message to Buford T Justice Add Buford T Justice to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
alc88 is on a distinguished road
Knott County Central returns 2 starters. Isaac Caudill and Cameron Jones. Others that saw playing time include the Couch twins and Hofess. They do have a talented young group of Freshmen coming in.
Send a private message to alc88 Add alc88 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:46 AM
Starter
Liked 81 Times in 72 Posts
hoghead is on a distinguished road
I like this post but you never know who or what will happen between now and the fall. Perry only won 1 regional championship with kids that was not from Perry County and it is this year if im correct. How many transfer does BG have? How many Scott County have?
Send a private message to hoghead Add hoghead to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:24 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by alc88 View Post
Knott County Central returns 2 starters. Isaac Caudill and Cameron Jones. Others that saw playing time include the Couch twins and Hofess. They do have a talented young group of Freshmen coming in.
Jones and Caudill are a good core to build on. Caudill is a very good player and I think next year will be his year
Send a private message to Big Hammer Add Big Hammer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:19 PM
Scout Team
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts
Paparazzi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hoghead View Post
I like this post but you never know who or what will happen between now and the fall. Perry only won 1 regional championship with kids that was not from Perry County and it is this year if im correct. How many transfer does BG have? How many Scott County have?
Both of them gave several transfers. Bowling Greens leading scorer is from Tennessee
Send a private message to Paparazzi Add Paparazzi to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Scout Team
Liked 86 Times in 62 Posts
Mountain is on a distinguished road
Perry, Knott, and Hazard.
Send a private message to Mountain Add Mountain to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:24 PM
Scout Team
For some reason you guys think PCC won't be a factor next season. You are dillusional. Their second five could have won the region this year. They return Caudill, Cornett, Woolum, Neace , Back and Turner. They will win the region next year.
Send a private message to Paparazzi Add Paparazzi to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:21 PM
Suspended
Liked 61 Times in 49 Posts
BallerFromTheHoller is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Hammer View Post
No chance of having a thread about anything it always comes back to the sos. I would love to hear some comments about players and coaches for next season, and what teams will be good. But I'm sick of this PCC bashing
Haven't you figured it out hammer that certain people on here down certain schools and kids. The jealousy is eating them alive lol
Send a private message to BallerFromTheHoller Add BallerFromTheHoller to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:23 PM
Suspended
Liked 61 Times in 49 Posts
BallerFromTheHoller is on a distinguished road
Knott will be the favorite next year
Send a private message to BallerFromTheHoller Add BallerFromTheHoller to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:33 AM
Statistician
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
jumpshooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jumpshooter
As is stands today, with teams losing players, Estill has to be considered the "favorite." Now things will change and people will get their transfers, which Iam not against btw, your team would take them if they could get them, so don't bash PCC or KCC or any other school for winning with them because we all know that if Tobler wanted to come to your school you would take him. I am an Estill fan and I would have welcomed him with open arms. But as of today, Estill has to be on the top of the list. I'm certain this will change with the transfers coming in though!
Send a private message to jumpshooter Add jumpshooter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:38 AM
2nd String
Liked 134 Times in 109 Posts
KentuckyFan35 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jumpshooter View Post
As is stands today, with teams losing players, Estill has to be considered the "favorite." Now things will change and people will get their transfers, which Iam not against btw, your team would take them if they could get them, so don't bash PCC or KCC or any other school for winning with them because we all know that if Tobler wanted to come to your school you would take him. I am an Estill fan and I would have welcomed him with open arms. But as of today, Estill has to be on the top of the list. I'm certain this will change with the transfers coming in though!
Would have been alright with you if he had lived with your coach?
Send a private message to KentuckyFan35 Add KentuckyFan35 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by BallerFromTheHoller View Post
Knott will be the favorite next year
I think Caudill will be one of if not the best player in the region next year. He has game they just need to take the reins off
Old 03-18-2017, 06:37 AM
Statistician
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
coalminer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Hammer View Post
I think Caudill will be one of if not the best player in the region next year. He has game they just need to take the reins off

Take the reins off?
Send a private message to coalminer Add coalminer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:01 AM
Scout Team
If Cordia only loses Henry they look like the favorite. Then Estill, PCC, Wolfe and Knott.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Statistician
Liked 67 Times in 52 Posts
Huggy_Bear is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
If Cordia only loses Henry they look like the favorite. Then Estill, PCC, Wolfe and Knott.
You go from "They will win the region next year" to them being 3rd behind Cordia and Estill. Which is it?
Send a private message to Huggy_Bear Add Huggy_Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
14th region fanman is on a distinguished road
Cordia lost Ramon Mercado from last season as well. He was not with the team the last month of the season and they took him off of their Roster. But you never know with Cordia what will happen. But if he doesn't return they will have lost 2 of their 3 leading scorers and their best playmaker.

With this region its hard to predict who will be what. Because you never know what team will bring in what player. But with what we know right now and who has what returning. I would go with
Estill
Wolfe
Knott
Perry
Cordia

In no certain order. All depends on who brings in what and I know this is an old concept but "who actually develops their kids the next 8 months"

As far as player of the year in the Region. I think this will be a 3 player race between.
Caleb Bonny Estill
Deven Stone Wolfe
Issac Caudill Knott

These are the 3 most proven kids on teams that should be in the top 4 or 5 all season long. All 3 have over 1500 points and will end their careers with well over 2000 points in their careers.
Send a private message to 14th region fanman Add 14th region fanman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Equally is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hoghead View Post
Scott County team that's playing in the sweet 16 has no transfers. All the younger ones have been playing since grade school together and the seniors like Cooper Watts were the only ones left out of their crew that stayed with basketball. None are transfers. As far as BG I think the 8th grader is from TN that is like 16. Same age as Tobler and the bigs will be his senior year. Well the bigs from Nigera are probably older who knows the truth about their birth certificate since it has the same birthday for each one lol😂😂😂
Send a private message to Equally Add Equally to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:28 AM
Equipment Manager
Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
For some reason you guys think PCC won't be a factor next season. You are dillusional. Their second five could have won the region this year. They return Caudill, Cornett, Woolum, Neace , Back and Turner. They will win the region next year.
Back is transferring to GRC. His dad is getting him out because they even know there is not a chance lol
Send a private message to Equally Add Equally to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Equipment Manager
PCC barley made it through regions with Tobler and the big boys they sure won't make it next year. Estill and Wolfe will be big threats next year
Old 03-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Statistician
Liked 73 Times in 53 Posts
Flicka is on a distinguished road
To pick the 14th would be impossible. The region has been bought for years. Which team will buy it next year ? Like I said impossible.
Send a private message to Flicka Add Flicka to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Scout Team
Liked 93 Times in 83 Posts
hitter is on a distinguished road
Tobler just turned 18 and has never been held back. Haters
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Statistician
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Qui-Gon Jinn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BallerFromTheHoller View Post
Haven't you figured it out hammer that certain people on here down certain schools and kids. The jealousy is eating them alive lol
Jealous of what? Being a failure of a program or being the laughing stock of the state??
Send a private message to Qui-Gon Jinn Add Qui-Gon Jinn to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball