Rate This Thread - 14th Region Coaches Association Player of Year.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:53 PM
Statistician
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Streetoutlaw is on a distinguished road
Default 14th Region Coaches Association Player of Year
Congrats to:

MACIE GIBSON (Owsley Co.)
Send a private message to Streetoutlaw Add Streetoutlaw to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:31 PM
Statistician
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Passtheball is on a distinguished road
Congrats..
Send a private message to Passtheball Add Passtheball to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:32 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 102 Times in 81 Posts
Dr.Basketball is on a distinguished road
Congrats... Great player.

I'll go with Proffitt though. Soon enough, everyone will agree. The girl is putting in the work. She will be a completely different player next year.
Send a private message to Dr.Basketball Add Dr.Basketball to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Statistician
Liked 59 Times in 31 Posts
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr.Basketball View Post
Congrats... Great player.

I'll go with Proffitt though. Soon enough, everyone will agree. The girl is putting in the work. She will be a completely different player next year.
Can you not just say congratulations to this young lady and go on? Profit is a great player and a great young lady but comments like these are what causes decention. It's fine to be supportive and proud but this is an earned honor by Gibson and let her enjoy it. Make a thread about profit and praise her she deserves it.
Streetoutlaw (04-15-2017)
Send a private message to thegr81 Add thegr81 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Suspended
Liked 132 Times in 90 Posts
Big Hammer is on a distinguished road
If I think Proffitt is the best player in the 14th I'm going to say it. I do congratulate Gibson for winning the award.She is a great player. All thing considered I think Proffitt's is the better player and if that causes a disagreement so be it. You don't have to agree with my opinion but you can't stop me from expressing it
Send a private message to Big Hammer Add Big Hammer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Big Hammer View Post
If I think Proffitt is the best player in the 14th I'm going to say it. I do congratulate Gibson for winning the award.She is a great player. All thing considered I think Proffitt's is the better player and if that causes a disagreement so be it. You don't have to agree with my opinion but you can't stop me from expressing it
Your right we can't stop you from expressing your opinion however Thankfully your opinion doesn't matter. The opinion (fact) here is that the coaches voted and they decided Gibson was best player in this region this year. Congratulate her and let it go at that. There should be mention of any other player here. Reason being Gibson won the award, that won't change. And to be clear Gibson is the best player in this region. Come watch next year and you'll find out.
Send a private message to Streetoutlaw Add Streetoutlaw to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 102 Times in 81 Posts
Dr.Basketball is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Streetoutlaw View Post
Your right we can't stop you from expressing your opinion however Thankfully your opinion doesn't matter. The opinion (fact) here is that the coaches voted and they decided Gibson was best player in this region this year. Congratulate her and let it go at that. There should be mention of any other player here. Reason being Gibson won the award, that won't change. And to be clear Gibson is the best player in this region. Come watch next year and you'll find out.
I really hope they get to play against each other once more before graduation. I think they have only played against each other twice. Once when Proffitt was at jbs and in all-star game last year. Proffitt was clearly the better player in both games. As long as the coaches in this region vote though, Proffitt doesn't stand a chance. They all feel Napier recruited her and hold it against the girl. That's fine though, I've seen her workouts and she will remove all doubt soon enough. over and out.
Send a private message to Dr.Basketball Add Dr.Basketball to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Suspended
Proffitt is the best player in the 14th region. I love Macie Gibson and her game she should be really proud of being picked by the coaches as player of the year. Congratulations. Unlike the coaches I think Proffitt is the best player in the region better than Gibson or Waugh or Higgins or Kash. Now my opinion might not matter to anyone but me but it's still my opinion
Send a private message to Big Hammer Add Big Hammer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:28 PM
Suspended
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Maroons is an unknown quantity at this point
Amazing.......
Send a private message to Maroons Add Maroons to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:17 AM
Suspended
Liked 61 Times in 49 Posts
BallerFromTheHoller is on a distinguished road
Lol
Send a private message to BallerFromTheHoller Add BallerFromTheHoller to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:30 PM
Statistician
I'll leave it at this. This thread was created to congratulate a young lady on a tremendous honor being the player chosen by the coaches as player of year. There should be no mention of anyone else. Adults should grow up a little congratulate a fine young lady that works her tail off and go on. If you want to discuss the best player make a new thread and we can discuss it as long as you like. For anyone to get any respect from me going forward I would like to see an apology and congrats to Macie.
I'll get it started. Congratulations to Macie Gibson for all the long hours of hard work paying off. We are proud of you down in Owl country.
Maroons (04-16-2017)
Old 04-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Suspended
If you will read back you'll see I congratulated Macie also said she is a great player and she is. I wouldn't feel right apologizing for the fact I think Proffitt is the better player. Put yourself in my position is there any person or group of people that could convince you Proffitt is better because it's their opinion? We don't have to agree who is better and I'm sure we never will
BallerFromTheHoller (04-17-2017)
Old 04-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Big Hammer View Post
If you will read back you'll see I congratulated Macie also said she is a great player and she is. I wouldn't feel right apologizing for the fact I think Proffitt is the better player. Put yourself in my position is there any person or group of people that could convince you Proffitt is better because it's their opinion? We don't have to agree who is better and I'm sure we never will
Not asking you to apologize for thinking that. Your entitled to your opinion. Just think wrong thread to be expressing it.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Statistician
Don't want an apology for your opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs. Just feel like you should not express it on a thread meant to congratulate a high school player on a wonderful honor. Just my opinion.
Maroons (04-16-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 11:30 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,510 Times in 3,482 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Any posts that are off topic, derogatory to another poster, baiting other posters or anything outside the rules will result in immediate and permenant suspension.

This is directed straight to Big Hammer, Ballerfromtheholler and Maroons.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Suspended
Liked 61 Times in 49 Posts
BallerFromTheHoller is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
Any posts that are off topic, derogatory to another poster, baiting other posters or anything outside the rules will result in immediate and permenant suspension.

Thank you
Maroons (04-17-2017)
Send a private message to BallerFromTheHoller Add BallerFromTheHoller to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Da Truth is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Gibson.
Maroons (04-17-2017), Streetoutlaw (04-18-2017)
Send a private message to Da Truth Add Da Truth to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Head Coach
Liked 146 Times in 101 Posts
LOOKAYANNER is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Macie Gibson. She deserves this award because she is the best player in the region. She has more D-1 upside than any other 14th region player, and that's why she will be playing on one of the Kentucky Premier AAU teams this summer that's designated for D-1 prospects. Her team will be playing in Lexington, Indianapolis, Bowling Green, Nashville, and Atlanta. There may be a few more that I'm not aware of.

As far as the comparisons with Proffit, it's really difficult to compare players who play different positions. Proffit is a shooting 2 guard and Gibson plays the 3,4 or 5 positions. Proffit did have an advantage in the past season of playing with more experienced players than Gibson. They both averaged around the same points per game but Gibson did it while playing with three 8th grade and one 10th grade starters. She basically had to carry the entire team on her back because of their youth and inexperience, and by district tournament time improved enough to win the 56th from a 4 seed spot.
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:46 AM
Statistician
Liked 41 Times in 31 Posts
OLD MAN LOGAN is on a distinguished road
Gibson was well deserved. Super talented girl with tons of upside.
Send a private message to OLD MAN LOGAN Add OLD MAN LOGAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Statistician
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Passtheball is on a distinguished road
Any word on what schools are taking interest? Curious what position they are recruiting her for.. I think she's a 3-4 combo but at a smaller school I guess she could play the 5..Can score with back to basket and step out and hit 3..
Send a private message to Passtheball Add Passtheball to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The Dogfather is on a distinguished road
This was a great selection. Well deserved.
Send a private message to The Dogfather Add The Dogfather to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Passtheball View Post
Any word on what schools are taking interest? Curious what position they are recruiting her for.. I think she's a 3-4 combo but at a smaller school I guess she could play the 5..Can score with back to basket and step out and hit 3..
I don't know specifics but she can play 3/4 at division one level. Her ball handling and outside shot are much better than most think. I think she could be a matchup problem. Play her small and she can post, play her with a big she can step out. She is the total package and will make a college coach very happy one day.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Suspended
Liked 35 Times in 27 Posts
Megget is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post

That's so funny
Send a private message to Megget Add Megget to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Girls Basketball