Rate This Thread - Thoughts on Other HS (Head or Assistant)coaches, coaching your HS players in AAU?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
brassmonkeys is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts on Other HS (Head or Assistant)coaches, coaching your HS players in AAU?
I am just curious to know what peoples thoughts are when other High School coaches, that also coach AAU decide they want to coach your HS players in the summer and offseason via their AAU team.
Send a private message to brassmonkeys Add brassmonkeys to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:10 AM
2nd String
Liked 134 Times in 109 Posts
KentuckyFan35 is on a distinguished road
I didn't think High School Coaches (Head or Assistant) were allowed to coach AAU teams.
Send a private message to KentuckyFan35 Add KentuckyFan35 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Starter
Liked 81 Times in 72 Posts
hoghead is on a distinguished road
Summer AAU Basketball is destorying other sports
Send a private message to hoghead Add hoghead to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,598 Times in 1,801 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by KentuckyFan35 View Post
I didn't think High School Coaches (Head or Assistant) were allowed to coach AAU teams.
If I'm not mistaken - as long as they don't coach a team with the same name, coach more than three of their players or do anything during dead period - they're good.
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:57 AM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
oldgrouch is on a distinguished road
Too often used for recruiting, encouraging players to transfer to their school.
Send a private message to oldgrouch Add oldgrouch to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:35 PM
MOD

Liked 7,662 Times in 5,299 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by zaga_fan View Post
If I'm not mistaken - as long as they don't coach a team with the same name, coach more than three of their players or do anything during dead period - they're good.
This is a huge gray area that the KHSAA refuses to address.
Baseball and Softball are the biggest culprits of illegal coaching in summer ball.
There is simply no way for them to track this. Might as well open it up completely.

AAU ball, like others have said, has destroyed the game IMO.
Not so much around here, as top level talent is few and far between as far as D1 goes, but I would assume in our lifetime, we will see the end of high school basketball and baseball as we know it. The good players will only play AAU in the summer while college coaches can get out and recruit.
The only players that will continue playing high school ball will be players with no chance of ever obtaining a scholarship.

Money will also change hands like crazy.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:01 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 88 Times in 69 Posts
LCHSbulldogsalum is on a distinguished road
In my honest opinion (and I know it's not worth much). They need to get rid of the off-season games. Allow out-of-season practices, but must be with your school and your coaches only. For ALL sports.
oldgrouch (04-16-2017)
Send a private message to LCHSbulldogsalum Add LCHSbulldogsalum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:59 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Milkcrate52 is on a distinguished road
What's so wrong with AAU? It allows kids to play with other players they don't usually get to play with? Summer Ball helps teams more than "Out of season practice" does for sure.
Send a private message to Milkcrate52 Add Milkcrate52 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Starter
Liked 290 Times in 215 Posts
The_Rock is on a distinguished road
I honestly dont even know why so many of you even care. At least when kids are out playing ball and being part of something, they are not on drugs, on the streets, stealing, and who knows what. This is the USA, not Russia. We can go play ball for whoever we want. Its sports guys. Not life or death. Everyone doesnt want to play 3 sports. Wished I'd only tried to play 2 all my life instead of 3 and 4. May been a lot better and probably healthier as well at my old age.
OutsideLookingIn (04-27-2017)
Send a private message to The_Rock Add The_Rock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:13 PM
Starter
Liked 247 Times in 171 Posts
new o is an unknown quantity at this point
People do not want kids getting better than their kids plain and simple! Worry about your kids and not someone else's! AAU is no different than fall baseball, volleyball travel teams or travel softball.
The_Rock (04-18-2017)
Send a private message to new o Add new o to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Coachinthestands is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zaga_fan View Post
From the last day of school (or June 1, whichever comes first) until the first day of school the following year girl's Coaches can coach as many of their own players as they want, play as many games, etc., except for the dead period when they can do NOTHING, (except watch if they are a parent). Boy's coaches can do this also up until July 1, then they can only have workouts, cannot play against other teams.
Send a private message to Coachinthestands Add Coachinthestands to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball