Rate This Thread - North Laurel 12- Corbin 2. 5 innings.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 572 Times in 367 Posts
walterwhite is on a distinguished road
Default North Laurel 12- Corbin 2. 5 innings
Enough said!
Send a private message to walterwhite Add walterwhite to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Softball Queen is on a distinguished road
Went and watched first 4 innings. Really not impressed with either team. As far as pitching goes Owens from Clay probably the best. Gregory is an illegal pitch every time and Stidham and Lawson were ok but have no defense behind them. All in all North better
Send a private message to Softball Queen Add Softball Queen to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 572 Times in 367 Posts
walterwhite is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Softball Queen View Post
Went and watched first 4 innings. Really not impressed with either team. As far as pitching goes Owens from Clay probably the best. Gregory is an illegal pitch every time and Stidham and Lawson were ok but have no defense behind them. All in all North better
Watched entire game and didn't see one illegal pitch called. I couldn't see feet placement, etc from my viewpoint, so I can't comment. I do think Owens is a nice pitcher. Stidham has nice location and changes speed well, but got zero help from her defense. Lawson didn't look any different from last year when she pitched for South. Gregory limited Corbin to 5 hits. A couple of those were aided a bit by poor defense.
Send a private message to walterwhite Add walterwhite to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:32 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Gregory takes a full foot to 2 foot step back before coming forward with left foot. In ASA both feet must be on mound to start pitch. I do not think she would be as effective, definitely slow her down to the low fifties if called. It was not called during game but definite. Watched Lawson against Harlan Co. Threw a lot harder then compared to tonight. Only games I watched Corbin. Defense killed them and lack of coaching.
Send a private message to Softball Queen Add Softball Queen to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:33 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Stidham pitched well I thought
Old 04-19-2017, 06:25 AM
2nd String
Liked 302 Times in 209 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
Gregory takes a full foot to 2 foot step back before coming forward with left foot. In ASA both feet must be on mound to start pitch. I do not think she would be as effective, definitely slow her down to the low fifties if called. It was not called during game but definite. Watched Lawson against Harlan Co. Threw a lot harder then compared to tonight. Only games I watched Corbin. Defense killed them and lack of coaching.
But this isn't ASA. That motion is illegal in travel ball. However, National High School Federation rules, which is what is in play here, allow a step back. Trust me, she isn't the only high school pitcher you'll see using that style.
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
If she puts her hands together before taking the step back on the mound is an illegal pitch in NHSF. Please do not get me wrong she is a good pitcher but still illegal
Old 04-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Ballmom1 is on a distinguished road
Wow. Great game by North!
Send a private message to Ballmom1 Add Ballmom1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:30 PM
MOD

Liked 7,769 Times in 5,364 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Kudos to North.
Haven't really had a hiccup this year.

Middlesboro has a pitcher that most teams in this region cant touch.
Corbin is the only other team that could challenge North IMO and pull off an upset if everything goes there way.

I went out and watch Wburg and South play last night.
Wburg had South beat and blew it at the plate. Was tied 2-2 in bottom of the 7th with runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs. Couldn't get a run across and Souths pitcher smacked a 3 run homer in the top of the 8th.

That will be a good first round district game and South could easily be sitting out of region for the first time ever this year.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:50 AM
2nd String
Liked 302 Times in 209 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
After watching Williamsburg against North last night, I could see them doing that. Tye is a really nice pitcher, North had been crushing the ball lately, but she kept them off balance quite a bit. WBurg will have to be better offensively, but South's pitching is not as strong as North's, so they will have a very legit shot.
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 PM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Van Hagar View Post
After watching Williamsburg against North last night, I could see them doing that. Tye is a really nice pitcher, North had been crushing the ball lately, but she kept them off balance quite a bit. WBurg will have to be better offensively, but South's pitching is not as strong as North's, so they will have a very legit shot.
I fully believe wburg is just as good as South. And should be better next year. If they had a big power thrower to use with tye then they could be good
Seems there bats are what hold them back. They can hit, but just aren't doing it.
North may have threw a perfect game against them, but wburg played pretty solid d against them as well. Few dropped balls in left cost them.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I was at the state tourney and for all of you that said Payten Gregory does not pitch Illegaly should have been there. A few pitches into the first game illegal pitch called for stepping back. Called in all 3 games. You would think the 13th region coaches and umpires would know rules . Could have changed the season for several different teams
Old 06-10-2017, 09:09 PM
MOD

I was at the state tourney and for all of you that said Payten Gregory does not pitch Illegaly should have been there. A few pitches into the first game illegal pitch called for stepping back. Called in all 3 games. You would think the 13th region coaches and umpires would know rules . Could have changed the season for several different teams
I didn't get a chance to see Gregory pitch this year. I seen the 8th grader a couple of times but always had something come up before I was on my way so I can't comment. I am interested in if the coaches will actually bring this up of that's the case.

As for your comment on 13th region umps, I couldn't agree more. They are some of the most uneducated in the state and several teams of umps call the exact same teams almost every so for week from what I noticed.
Im just glad the two old guys who were usually at Corbin are finally gone or at least I didn't see them. The best crew I seen was Amherst and his partner who are usually at wburg or Whitley. They seem pretty consistent but the rest are all over the place in terms of strikezones. Getting Darrell behind the plate is a disaster.
Some pitching in this region is horrid though and I fully believe some call strikes just to move the game along.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Softball