Rate This Thread - Pike co boycotting pikeville ind.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-26-2017, 09:02 AM
theprez theprez is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 31
Likes: 15
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
theprez is on a distinguished road
Default Pike co boycotting pikeville ind
Evidently the Pike Co School system is going to be boycotting Pikeville Ind School in middle school competition for the year of 2017/2018. Whats the reasoning behind it and should that take place. Is it fair for all kids. After all that's what our schools are for are the kids who cares where they go to school.
Send a private message to theprez Add theprez to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 05-26-2017, 10:30 AM
plantmanky's Avatar
plantmanky plantmanky is offline
Starter
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Garden of BGR
Posts: 1,273
Likes: 27
Liked 278 Times in 190 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Default
After some of the stuff Pikeville has done in recent years I can understand this.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2017, 11:02 AM
theprez theprez is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 31
Likes: 15
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
theprez is on a distinguished road
Default
elaborate on that
Send a private message to theprez Add theprez to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2017, 11:04 AM
Wildcat18 Wildcat18 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,168
Likes: 233
Liked 387 Times in 263 Posts
Wildcat18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Ok I'll say it. Pikeville has a history of cheating in basketball. Doesn't matter what school you'd like to go to, I'm all for choosing your school, but you better do it legally. Got caught and disqualified in 2011 for it. No shock to me that folks would rather pass on games with them.
Send a private message to Wildcat18 Add Wildcat18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2017, 03:26 PM
THE Whole Truth THE Whole Truth is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
THE Whole Truth is on a distinguished road
Default
Rather than make accusations or call names or "boycott", perhaps take an inward look
and ask.....Why are kids leaving my school/program? hmmmmmm
Likes: (2)
Glory Days (06-03-2017), HAIL PIKEVILLE! (06-05-2017)
Send a private message to THE Whole Truth Add THE Whole Truth to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Big Don's Avatar
Big Don Big Don is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Head of the Holler
Posts: 736
Likes: 88
Liked 176 Times in 119 Posts
Big Don is on a distinguished road
Default
Sounds like the panther faithful should start saving now for those long trips to watch a game!
Send a private message to Big Don Add Big Don to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-05-2017, 07:52 PM
HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s Avatar
HAIL PIKEVILLE! HAIL PIKEVILLE! is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Posts: 2,566
Likes: 68
Liked 569 Times in 234 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Default
It's the same old excuse from the county schools as it's always been.....GOD forbid they look in the mirror and say to themselves "These parents are taking their kids out to go to Pikeville...What can we do better in order to keep them here?" The answer to that question is too hard of a reality to face. So, they take the cowards way out and blame Pikeville for everything that's went wrong in the world from planning 9/11 to forming Nickleback...What the Pike Co BOE has never understood and never will is that actions like this are EXACTLY why parents are pulling their kids out of those schools and sending them here in the first place! A school system is no different than any other buisness. Calling a School System a buisness may make some uncomfortable. But, it's a sad reality unfortunately. As in any other buisness, the consumer (Parents) has a choice as to where they wish to spend their money and the place that offers the best product wins. Both Academically and Athletically, Pikeville offers a better product. You can't blame parents for that and you can't blame Pikeville for it either...Well you can, but it just makes you look stupid!
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-05-2017, 11:34 PM
HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s Avatar
HAIL PIKEVILLE! HAIL PIKEVILLE! is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Posts: 2,566
Likes: 68
Liked 569 Times in 234 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Wildcat18 View Post
Ok I'll say it. Pikeville has a history of cheating in basketball. Doesn't matter what school you'd like to go to, I'm all for choosing your school, but you better do it legally. Got caught and disqualified in 2011 for it. No shock to me that folks would rather pass on games with them.
I find it interesting that you bring up this particular incident. Do you know who reported this incident when it occurred? Kevin Garris, then AD @ Pikeville. Now you know who. Want to know why? Garris told the JR. High basketball coach (Can't remember his name, from Shelby Valley originally) to NOT play a player who'd just transferred to the school a few days before the team left for a tournament in Lexington because he hadn't been cleared to play. After the team arrived and started play @ the tournament. Garris got wind that the coach played the player anyway. Garris then notified the proper authorities on the matter, action was taken and the coach was fired on the spot. If Pikeville are the "cheaters" you paint them...Why did they feel the need to self report?
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Wildcat18 Wildcat18 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,168
Likes: 233
Liked 387 Times in 263 Posts
Wildcat18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Originally Posted by HAIL PIKEVILLE! View Post
I find it interesting that you bring up this particular incident. Do you know who reported this incident when it occurred? Kevin Garris, then AD @ Pikeville. Now you know who. Want to know why? Garris told the JR. High basketball coach (Can't remember his name, from Shelby Valley originally) to NOT play a player who'd just transferred to the school a few days before the team left for a tournament in Lexington because he hadn't been cleared to play. After the team arrived and started play @ the tournament. Garris got wind that the coach played the player anyway. Garris then notified the proper authorities on the matter, action was taken and the coach was fired on the spot. If Pikeville are the "cheaters" you paint them...Why did they feel the need to self report?
The Pikeville administration did not report it first. KBA officials reached out to them AFTER the incident and complaints ensued. How do I know this? I was in the room when the calls were made to the Pikeville administration to clarify the situation. The calls were to Pikeville, not from Pikeville.

With that said, it was brought up during the tournament because an opponent recognized a player from Pikeville's team that played against them with Johns Creek a couple weeks prior at the Knott County Invitational. It had nothing to do with the Pikeville AD as the reason it was brought up. If the opponent hadn't said anything, I'm 100% positive that nothing would have came of it.

Whether it was self-reported or not, it's still cheating any way you want to spin it. The kid played for two separate teams and did not compete in the allotted number of games for Pikeville to be eligible for the tournament within the middle school basketball and tournament rules. It is what it is. It was known from the beginning and never should have been advanced that far. I sincerely hated it for the kids there as it wasn't their fault.

I say that to say this: I've been around middle school athletics for long time and I've never seen a fanbase exhibit behavior like Pikeville's acted while exiting KBA in Lexington that day. Grown adults threatening to fight, cussing, flipping the bird, etc. I would be embarrassed if our fanbase acted like that at a function in front of middle school kids, especially when they're the ones who were in the wrong. For me, those actions will forever be associated with Pikeville.

It's obvious we're going to have to agree to disagree. It's clear you have Pikeville running through your veins and that's understandable.
Send a private message to Wildcat18 Add Wildcat18 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-06-2017, 01:33 PM
HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s Avatar
HAIL PIKEVILLE! HAIL PIKEVILLE! is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Posts: 2,566
Likes: 68
Liked 569 Times in 234 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Wildcat18 View Post
The Pikeville administration did not report it first. KBA officials reached out to them AFTER the incident and complaints ensued. How do I know this? I was in the room when the calls were made to the Pikeville administration to clarify the situation. The calls were to Pikeville, not from Pikeville.

With that said, it was brought up during the tournament because an opponent recognized a player from Pikeville's team that played against them with Johns Creek a couple weeks prior at the Knott County Invitational. It had nothing to do with the Pikeville AD as the reason it was brought up. If the opponent hadn't said anything, I'm 100% positive that nothing would have came of it.

Whether it was self-reported or not, it's still cheating any way you want to spin it. The kid played for two separate teams and did not compete in the allotted number of games for Pikeville to be eligible for the tournament within the middle school basketball and tournament rules. It is what it is. It was known from the beginning and never should have been advanced that far. I sincerely hated it for the kids there as it wasn't their fault.

I say that to say this: I've been around middle school athletics for long time and I've never seen a fanbase exhibit behavior like Pikeville's acted while exiting KBA in Lexington that day. Grown adults threatening to fight, cussing, flipping the bird, etc. I would be embarrassed if our fanbase acted like that at a function in front of middle school kids, especially when they're the ones who were in the wrong. For me, those actions will forever be associated with Pikeville.

It's obvious we're going to have to agree to disagree. It's clear you have Pikeville running through your veins and that's understandable.
Now that you mention it. I do seem to remember that the way you tell it. I stand corrected. If our fans acted in the way you described. There's no excuse for that! With that said, the fact remains that
the coach was told not to play that kid before they even left Pikeville. The Coach himself told me that after the fact...
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-15-2017, 12:20 AM
ifyasmell ifyasmell is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 200
Likes: 10
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
ifyasmell is on a distinguished road
Default
Politics at it's best.. Politics are everywhere.. too many yes men as principals and upper administration at the board of education.
Send a private message to ifyasmell Add ifyasmell to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-15-2017, 12:44 AM
Schoolpolitics Schoolpolitics is offline
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Schoolpolitics is on a distinguished road
Default Politics run deep
Politics are everywhere... Just ask your local principal..
Send a private message to Schoolpolitics Add Schoolpolitics to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-25-2017, 12:32 PM
SPORTS FAN 101 SPORTS FAN 101 is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 458
Likes: 248
Liked 67 Times in 41 Posts
SPORTS FAN 101 is on a distinguished road
Default
So if Pikeville City schools resides in Pike county and not allowed to participate in the Pike county tournament, there no longer will be a true Pike county champion in any sport. The county, I guess, will call the tourneys the Pike county school system champions???
Send a private message to SPORTS FAN 101 Add SPORTS FAN 101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-29-2017, 08:04 AM
theprez theprez is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 31
Likes: 15
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
theprez is on a distinguished road
Default
It's not just Pikeville for instance a Phelps player good kid great athlete went to play football at Belfry then decided to come back to Phelps. another instance a good athlete great kid started out at Johns Creek and decide to go to Mullins later. kids bouncing around between Dorton and Elkhorn. Another this year bouncing between Elkhorn and Millard. is it the coaches no I don't think so. So why punish the kids at Pikeville for this making them have games during the week being out late at night. the county needs to get their panties out of a wad quit sucking on your pacifier and realize that kids changing schools is everywhere not just in the city. If I was a coach and I'm sure some would agree I'd rather have kids that wanted to play for me than ones that doesn't. so lace them up and just play the games.
Likes: (1)
SPORTS FAN 101 (08-29-2017)
Send a private message to theprez Add theprez to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-2017, 06:29 PM
clay1 clay1 is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
clay1 is on a distinguished road
Default
Awful
Send a private message to clay1 Add clay1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-08-2017, 11:29 PM
HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s Avatar
HAIL PIKEVILLE! HAIL PIKEVILLE! is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Posts: 2,566
Likes: 68
Liked 569 Times in 234 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Default
Apparently this ban has been lifted. Heard the KHSAA got involved...
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Warriorhawk17 Warriorhawk17 is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 29
Likes: 1
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Warriorhawk17 is on a distinguished road
Default
No panthers!! Boo whoo!! **** pikeville. Not a county school. Go to lexington and play all you high and mighty. Then you can spend some of that curropt money at fayette mall.
Send a private message to Warriorhawk17 Add Warriorhawk17 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-14-2017, 05:28 AM
EastKyPride EastKyPride is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 37
Likes: 4
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
EastKyPride is on a distinguished road
Default
From what I heard Pikeville was having trouble finding games and a lot of their sponsors wasn't to happy about it.
Send a private message to EastKyPride Add EastKyPride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-14-2017, 07:19 AM
Ballistic Ballistic is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Ballistic is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by HAIL PIKEVILLE! View Post
Apparently this ban has been lifted. Heard the KHSAA got involved...
khsaa's butt more like big money political types who have kids at pikeville but political pull in the county or their finances are badly needed. same as always in pike county.
Send a private message to Ballistic Add Ballistic to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Middle School Sports » Basketball

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.