Rate This Thread - South Laurel 2020 guard Ally Collett receives offer from Northern Ky.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:46 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 328 Times in 258 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Default South Laurel 2020 guard Ally Collett receives offer from Northern Ky
congrats.
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Coach03 is on a distinguished road
Ally Collett before the up coming season is over will be the number 2 player in the region. This kid is going to be very special!
Send a private message to Coach03 Add Coach03 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Starter
Liked 247 Times in 171 Posts
new o is an unknown quantity at this point
Great job Ally!
Send a private message to new o Add new o to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Kuz is on a distinguished road
Congrats Ally! First of many offers to come.
Send a private message to Kuz Add Kuz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Ball Dad is on a distinguished road
Ally can ball! Keep up the hard work. Many more offers in this girls future.
Send a private message to Ball Dad Add Ball Dad to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:31 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,681 Times in 2,687 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Keep up the good work Ally 64SUR is in you're corner
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Head Coach
Liked 812 Times in 529 Posts
Cellking is on a distinguished road
Congrats. Good Luck.
Send a private message to Cellking Add Cellking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:00 PM
Statistician
Liked 26 Times in 23 Posts
skyhawk14 is on a distinguished road
Congrats!! Very well deserved for a talented and hard working young lady!!!
Send a private message to skyhawk14 Add skyhawk14 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:05 PM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oweboy is on a distinguished road
Default Congrats to her
I think Kaylea Gross has the #2 spot locked up, some say #1, she has D1 interest as far out as Arkansas State but certainly a great honor for Ally
Send a private message to Oweboy Add Oweboy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:23 PM
Scout Team
Liked 94 Times in 84 Posts
hitter is on a distinguished road
I'm just curious how she can get an offer when colleges aren't allowed to talk to them
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:47 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 71 Times in 59 Posts
Olred is on a distinguished road
I don’t know how she got hers but most happen at a schools elite camp or through the coach. Elite camps are a disguise for a personal recruiting opportunity. I’m old and out of the loop though so some rules might even have changed.
Send a private message to Olred Add Olred to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 328 Times in 258 Posts
ky playmaker is on a distinguished road
Western Ky, morehead and Murray have also offered. Ally has also took an unofficial visit to Kentucky.
Send a private message to ky playmaker Add ky playmaker to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Scout Team
From what I'm reading the only way a school can communicate with her is if one of her parents contacts the school in question first.
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Statistician
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Passtheball is on a distinguished road
The school cannot call or txt her but they can mail info. The athlete can call the coach anytime which is usually stated in the letter sent by the recruiting school..I'm sure she got her looks from AAU this summer..
Send a private message to Passtheball Add Passtheball to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Statistician
The college coach can speak with the high school coach and the aau coach..
Send a private message to Passtheball Add Passtheball to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:11 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
She got offered at an elite camp from what I have heard. College can contact the parent as much as they want but not the player (Which I don't think it right). I mean saying colleges can't offer her right now is crazy... When on the boys side Duke and Kentucky are offering freshmen in high school?
Send a private message to Coach03 Add Coach03 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:11 PM
Statistician
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
KingCommodore is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Coach03 View Post
She got offered at an elite camp from what I have heard. College can contact the parent as much as they want but not the player (Which I don't think it right). I mean saying colleges can't offer her right now is crazy... When on the boys side Duke and Kentucky are offering freshmen in high school?
Not sure you have that right. Think its reversed. Collett got her offers off AAU, she played on the same team as Hall from Perry Central with girls from all over the state.
Send a private message to KingCommodore Add KingCommodore to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:25 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kittycat is on a distinguished road
Great player very fast and gets to the paint with ease.
Send a private message to kittycat Add kittycat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:30 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KingCommodore View Post
Not sure you have that right. Think its reversed. Collett got her offers off AAU, she played on the same team as Hall from Perry Central with girls from all over the state.

Don't get me wrong AAU got her that offer sorry for the confusion on that part. I am saying she did not get offered until she went to their elite camp and then they offered her on the spot. That isn't made up or off the top of my head, that is fact!
ky playmaker (10-16-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Statistician
Don't get me wrong AAU got her that offer sorry for the confusion on that part. I am saying she did not get offered until she went to their elite camp and then they offered her on the spot. That isn't made up or off the top of my head, that is fact!
I was talking about how the coaches and players talk or communicate.
Send a private message to KingCommodore Add KingCommodore to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:31 PM
Scout Team
from what ive been told by a couple of coaches as long as the parents contact the college coach then they can communicate but not directly to the player. when I was in high school I didn't get letters until my junior year but those rules might have changed some too. thanks for the info guys
Old 10-17-2017, 11:42 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KingCommodore View Post
I was talking about how the coaches and players talk or communicate.

What if the parent is a high school coach?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:58 PM
Statistician
What if the parent is a high school coach?
Thats a gray area I would think. Unless he/she was a head coach I would not want to try the rules people on that or so I have been told.

Parents or the child can call the college coaches but college coaches cannot contact the kid till junior year. College coaches can talk to the child. You all should really talk to some people who know the rules, cause its pretty plain you dont if I am having to explain them.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:16 AM
Statistician
Womens NCAA D-1 colleges can contact girls September 1 of the student-athlete’s junior year: Coaches can make phone calls and send emails, fax, text messages, instant messages, chats, and direct messages on Facebook and Twitter. I think mens is maybe June 15th. The college can offer at anytime, kids in the 8th grade get offers all the time now. I'm not sure most of them are truly legit but more of lets jump on them early and see how they develop. If they turn out to be really good then they can say we were the first to offer etc..etc..etc..

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Girls Basketball