Rate This Thread - Open Job: Breathitt County.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Jethro Bodine is on a distinguished road
Heard Breathitt offered the farm to Noble, north of 100 grand a year. I would come out of retirement to coach Riverside for that kind of money.
Send a private message to Jethro Bodine Add Jethro Bodine to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
I highly doubt anything close to 100,000 was offered. The state still has power over Breathitt's payroll and I don't see them lettinng that happen. They lowered every coaching salary when they took over.
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:25 PM
2nd String
Liked 148 Times in 121 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hammerin' Hank View Post
I think that has to be a slap in the face to Buckhorn. He steps down to take an administrator position within the same school system and turns around and gets the breathitt county job. he must have figured out that the well is drying up in Buckhorn, better get out while you still have a good record

I don't think Buckhorn could ask for anything more from a coach than what Noble gave them for many years.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:52 AM
Starter
Liked 350 Times in 206 Posts
Cat Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a big hire for the program. I think Noble will have the Bobcats competing for a regional title in the next couple of years. The man can flat out coach and there is no denying that.
Send a private message to Cat Daddy Add Cat Daddy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:29 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
rawlingsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
This is a big hire for the program. I think Noble will have the Bobcats competing for a regional title in the next couple of years. The man can flat out coach and there is no denying that.
No doubt about that, he won the region at Buckhorn (and took them to the finals another time) with much less talent than just about everyone.

But will he be willing to stay more than a couple of years to build a program? Hopefully he will get the support that he deserves from the community and BHS staff.
Send a private message to rawlingsfan Add rawlingsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:34 AM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
I highly doubt anything close to 100,000 was offered. The state still has power over Breathitt's payroll and I don't see them lettinng that happen. They lowered every coaching salary when they took over.
If he did in fact take the position. I'd bet my next paycheck that he's making quite a bit more money and has less responsibility at Breathitt County than he had in Perry County. With that being said, I would also bet my October paycheck that he doesn't move his family to Jackson, or his children do not attend Breathitt County Schools.
Send a private message to rawlingsfan Add rawlingsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Scout Team
Liked 99 Times in 76 Posts
OutsideLookingIn is on a distinguished road
When you live that close do you have to move? I don't think so, and why should one mover their kids out of their comfort zone? Get real
Send a private message to OutsideLookingIn Add OutsideLookingIn to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Statistician
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
ProudPanther is on a distinguished road
Salary is controlled by a salary schedule. The State isn't going to deviate from that.

I do think when you take a job in school system and you have school age kids that moving them to that school system shows you are committed and confident in the system.

Breathitt is a mess. It will take a few years to fix if it can be. Falling enrollment, lack of resources, and a perceived lack of school support for athletics would seem to make this a really tough job
Send a private message to ProudPanther Add ProudPanther to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by OutsideLookingIn View Post
When you live that close do you have to move? I don't think so, and why should one mover their kids out of their comfort zone? Get real
It's not just that. When you have young children that are attending one school district, and you are coaching in another, you are out of the loop. You miss their extra-curricular activities and day to day stuff.

I'm just saying if Breathitt wants to keep a quality person and proven coach they had better be all in.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Water Boy
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Default Noble/Breathitt
I always amazes me when people talk about "getting money or getting paid" when it comes to coaching high school basketball/sports. Why is coaching consider any different than any other job? If someone is making $75,0000 as a coal miner and another coal mine offers him $100,000 to work for them and do the same job....NOBODY says anything!!!!!!!!!!!

So, why is coaching any different.
justthefacts (09-15-2017)
Send a private message to Starbucks Add Starbucks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Statistician
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
ProudPanther is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
I always amazes me when people talk about "getting money or getting paid" when it comes to coaching high school basketball/sports. Why is coaching consider any different than any other job? If someone is making $75,0000 as a coal miner and another coal mine offers him $100,000 to work for them and do the same job....NOBODY says anything!!!!!!!!!!!

So, why is coaching any different.
99.9% of what you hear is crap anyway. Coaches are paid according to a salary schedule. Can't just elect to pay a coach more. They can include extra duties to raise it. Or the person can be given a job that has higher non coaching pay.

But the bottom line is ALL school pay is based on a board approved salary schedule and pay can't be upped just because a person asks for more.....
Send a private message to ProudPanther Add ProudPanther to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:10 PM
Scout Team
Liked 93 Times in 83 Posts
hitter is on a distinguished road
schools can pay a coach just about whatever they want. ive never seen a scale. noble turned down a really good offer and was going to stay at perry board but Breathitt came back with an offer that he wont refuse. he will not move or move his kids. jon noble will be breathitts next coach
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Starter
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Bluecat is on a distinguished road
What is going on with this? Anything official?
Send a private message to Bluecat Add Bluecat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Starter
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts
mountain hoops guru is on a distinguished road
He was offered a couple duties other than coaching which will of course bring his salary to $85,000+
Was hard for him to turn down the money and of course he loves coaching, the well had just run dry at Buckhorn, so he took the admin position at Perry. I'm sure he is waiting for the opportunity for Hoskins to leave or be fired at PCC so he can be their next coach. In the meantime, he will do a great job at Breathitt while waiting for a job at the punkin palace.
Send a private message to mountain hoops guru Add mountain hoops guru to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:28 PM
Cheerleader
Has he took the job officially yet? If not what's the holdup?
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:52 PM
Statistician
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
BillSelf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
Has he took the job officially yet? If not what's the holdup?
KHSAA website says he's the coach.
Send a private message to BillSelf Add BillSelf to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wannacat is on a distinguished road
I"m as a big a bobcat fan as there is, but as sure as the Breathitt's football stadium is named Mike Holcomb Athletic Complex, John will not last past this year if he does not keep one particular player and his father satisfied. I don't care if John Calipari was the new coach, it would be the same. This family is in a position to take care of their own and that's what will happen. First cousin hired with no playing or coaching experience as girls coach and top notch coach hired as son's coach. What has changed from the days of the Colonel? Nothing. Same game different faces.
Send a private message to wannacat Add wannacat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:33 AM
Starter
Liked 350 Times in 206 Posts
Cat Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
The best players will play under John, it's that simple. If the Hamilton kid is good enough, he will play, if he isn't, he will have to wait his turn. If I'm not mistaken, isn't he a freshman this year? I think Coach Noble is going to bring some much needed excitement to the basketball program. Hopefully, all of the good vibes will rub off on the other programs.
Send a private message to Cat Daddy Add Cat Daddy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Starter
Liked 290 Times in 215 Posts
The_Rock is on a distinguished road
I already heard several Perry County kids gonna be making the commute to Jtown.
Send a private message to The_Rock Add The_Rock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,598 Times in 1,801 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
This is the worst kept secret in the last while since it's on KHSAA lol
Old 09-19-2017, 09:56 PM
Cheerleader
If Perry County kids start going to Breathitt Noble will be at Perry sooner than later. I don't think Breathitt will let very many kids come in though unless they come as Freshmen. Breathitt has a large group of supporters that still believe in the "if you can't do it with your own kids don't do it" motto. Will have a hard time getting past that even if it's a thing of the past.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:53 AM
Cheerleader
I just don't see any one leaving Perry County to go to Breathitt County, unless they just aren't good enough to play at PCC. Coach Noble won with his kids at Buckhorn, which is a miracle considering all the transfers that take place year to year in the 14th.

I think if he is given the time, and he stays, that he will have BHS competing for a regional championship. But like I've said in other posts, the community, BHS staff, and administration had better be on board and keep the man happy. It's one thing to give someone a position, it's another to keep them when they are going to have other opportunities on a regular basis.

Not sure how much longer Big Al will be at Hazard, or BB will hang on at KCC. But John Noble would have to be near the top of both of those schools wish lists.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Water Boy
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Moon Eye is on a distinguished road
This put Breathing back on top
Send a private message to Moon Eye Add Moon Eye to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball