Rate This Thread - Why did your team cancel their game?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:37 AM
Starter
Liked 288 Times in 198 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
I think the best idea would be to penalize teams that cancel games by taking away a certain amount of points.
Its been discussed, and when its two KYMSFA teams, it is possible, if they sign a game contract. Show me a school that actually has a signed game contract.

When its a non member team, only thing we can do is say tell teams they have a precedent to cancel games. Schedule at your own risk. No different than we tell teams that are non members that are breaking regulation rules, play at your own risk.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:38 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 View Post
Well I hate to get this started again, but look how the teams in the kymsfa did Corbin and I believe northern Pulaski. They up and started a new conference and left Corbin setting without a full schedule. The only way to totally control it is to force all team in kymsfa to a conference within a 100 mile radius, then penalize them for canceling, but the kymsfa can't control a no show if they are not in the system. So coaches don't schedule with teams not involved with kymsfa. Corbin has filled there schedule and have traveled two hours away to play Bowling Green, and almost two hours to play Scott county, also had to pick up some games against Tn teams that they won't even get points for, but they are not avoiding competition like the teams that started new conference and left them out. Hopefully come playoff time we get a shot at a couple teams that screwed us over. Go Hounds
So many things not correct in this post.
Single Wing 77 (08-14-2017)
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:39 AM
Starter
Originally Posted by Coach_Lockwood View Post
Actually I believe you can get points for out of state teams. Just have to let the people
Involved knownso they can find the school size.

I.E. the Battle for the Bridges bowl that happened pitted KY vs IN teams.
Not worth your time with this one.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:35 AM
MOD

Liked 7,809 Times in 5,391 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Well I hate to get this started again, but look how the teams in the kymsfa did Corbin and I believe northern Pulaski. They up and started a new conference and left Corbin setting without a full schedule. The only way to totally control it is to force all team in kymsfa to a conference within a 100 mile radius, then penalize them for canceling, but the kymsfa can't control a no show if they are not in the system. So coaches don't schedule with teams not involved with kymsfa. Corbin has filled there schedule and have traveled two hours away to play Bowling Green, and almost two hours to play Scott county, also had to pick up some games against Tn teams that they won't even get points for, but they are not avoiding competition like the teams that started new conference and left them out. Hopefully come playoff time we get a shot at a couple teams that screwed us over. Go Hounds
Looks like corbin should of had some contracts made. You simply can't complain as a team or school when you leave yourself open to the liabilities
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:19 AM
2nd String
Liked 310 Times in 185 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Again I'll say it. The men who are leading our children should be men of their word. If they don't have enough backbone to stand and deliver on what they say, their not worthy of coaching the sport. That being said, it is what it is. If I were a coach now days, I would make sure that a contract was signed for any game I scheduled.
Bossdaddy 4115 (08-14-2017)
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:18 AM
Statistician
Liked 69 Times in 53 Posts
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
So many things not correct in this post.
What's not true
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Starter
What's not true

Old 08-14-2017, 06:06 PM
Statistician
What I thought
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Starter
What I thought
Its already been pointed out to you, im sure you can read right?
Old 08-15-2017, 12:48 AM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Again I'll say it. The men who are leading our children should be men of their word. If they don't have enough backbone to stand and deliver on what they say, their not worthy of coaching the sport. That being said, it is what it is. If I were a coach now days, I would make sure that a contract was signed for any game I scheduled.
If what happened is what you all say what happened, than I agree it was a shitty move on their parts but still cant feel sympathy for Corbin when they didn't have a contract regulating the conference and signed by all schools.
We were doing that 20 years ago. Not sure why this has changed now.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:57 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Schoolpolitics is on a distinguished road
I say we get more politics involved. Need just a little more at the grade school level
Send a private message to Schoolpolitics Add Schoolpolitics to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Starter
Liked 549 Times in 343 Posts
footballfever is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
If what happened is what you all say what happened, than I agree it was a shitty move on their parts but still cant feel sympathy for Corbin when they didn't have a contract regulating the conference and signed by all schools.
We were doing that 20 years ago. Not sure why this has changed now.
Middle schools didn't sign contracts 20 years ago. Also, didn't Corbin and others schools kick Whitley out of their conference a few years ago?
Send a private message to footballfever Add footballfever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:51 PM
Suspended
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Footballlife1 is on a distinguished road
No teams around them will play them all for the same reason!! If one team cancels or wont play then they are the jerk, if every team wont play you then maybe you are the jerk,
Send a private message to Footballlife1 Add Footballlife1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
EastKYProud is on a distinguished road
Default Pike County Vs Pikeville?
What happens when an entire county of schools refuse to play the city school?
How will Pikeville get seated in playoff?
Finally, can one of our county schools be crowned county champs if we don't play every school in that county?
Send a private message to EastKYProud Add EastKYProud to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:12 PM
Suspended
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Footballlife1 is on a distinguished road
I think the best idea would be to penalize teams that cancel games by taking away a certain amount of points.
Taking points are you serious! I thought points didnt matter??? Plus when the bracket committee only takes care of a few teams whats it matter.
Send a private message to Footballlife1 Add Footballlife1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:17 PM
2nd String
Liked 201 Times in 140 Posts
Coach_Lockwood is on a distinguished road
If you understand how the seeding works then you'd know they mean points a team gets for a win, not points they score in a game.

What do you mean the committee only takes care of a few teams?
Send a private message to Coach_Lockwood Add Coach_Lockwood to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by Footballlife1 View Post
Taking points are you serious! I thought points didnt matter??? Plus when the bracket committee only takes care of a few teams whats it matter.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:18 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by EastKYProud View Post
What happens when an entire county of schools refuse to play the city school?
How will Pikeville get seated in playoff?
Finally, can one of our county schools be crowned county champs if we don't play every school in that county?
County champ will come from West Virginia.
Coach_Darragh (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 09:01 PM
2nd String
Liked 310 Times in 185 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Footballlife1 View Post
Try not to talk about things you don't understand. The "points" I referred too were seeding points. Gained from beating another team. Not scored points.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:02 AM
MOD

Originally Posted by footballfever View Post
Middle schools didn't sign contracts 20 years ago. Also, didn't Corbin and others schools kick Whitley out of their conference a few years ago?
Maybe not all, but I specifically remember Whitley having signed contracts with certain schools. If I'm not mistaken, the buyout was a measly 1000 dollars.
That eventually fell away. Seems like Whitley would play some schools that would play until halftime and then forfeit to keep from breaking contract.
That may not have lasted long, but it did happen.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:22 PM
Starter
Add "we got in a fight, not enough players to play now"

To the list.
Coach_Darragh (08-28-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 06:43 PM
2nd String
Liked 295 Times in 206 Posts
Cardfan1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
Add "we got in a fight, not enough players to play now"

To the list.
Add "a hurricane"
Send a private message to Cardfan1 Add Cardfan1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:11 PM
Head Coach
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Liked 601 Times in 242 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Paintsville just cancelled on us 3 times in a week! Are there any rules by the kymsfa governing how many times a team can cancel a game before it's called a forfeit?!?!
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:26 PM
2nd String
I'd say it was a forfeit the first time but y'all chose/agreed to reschedule.
Cardfan1 (08-31-2017)
Send a private message to Coach_Lockwood Add Coach_Lockwood to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:30 PM
Head Coach
Location: Give me a bottle of anything....and a glazed doughnut...TO GO!!!
Liked 601 Times in 242 Posts
HAIL PIKEVILLE! is on a distinguished road
Well we're calling it one now!
Send a private message to HAIL PIKEVILLE! Add HAIL PIKEVILLE! to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,089 Times in 1,231 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
So what's the policy on the 2nd and 3rd time?
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Statistician
Wow, Boone middle didn't show or cancel. Our coaches called them for three days and left message told them the game was on rain or shine. This as a bad way to do programs and doesn't say much about there own program. Kmsfa I truly respect the effort you all give and the way you educate coaches I just hope that you'll can find a fix to this because it sounds like it is getting out of hand this year.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:04 PM
2nd String
The fix is signing contracts with teams, contracts can have built in penalties.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Starter
The fix is signing contracts with teams, contracts can have built in penalties.
When teams fail to use the tool.............
Coach_Lockwood (09-02-2017)

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Middle School Sports » Football