Rate This Thread - Game Scores Submitted through 8/13/17.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-21-2017, 09:26 AM
Mustang Jax Mustang Jax is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 119
Likes: 56
Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Mustang Jax is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 View Post
Yeah northern will win d1 state. I have been busy and haven't been on here for a few days. They have so much size and speed it's really like watching 8th graders playing a jv team. Hats off to northern they won without a doubt. In Corbin defense they played maryville Tn on that Tuesday under horribly saturated field, the kids was exhausted before game ever started. That being said northern still wins by 8 instead of the 30-14 score. Northern was hands down the best team I have seen play all year.
I'd have to say Corbin is the best team Northern will face this year with the exception of maybe Brentwood Academy out of Tennessee. This group of 8th graders are 32-0 with two State Championships over the past 3 years and their toughest games have always been against Corbin.
Send a private message to Mustang Jax Add Mustang Jax to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #32  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:47 AM
Willie Turnover Willie Turnover is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,210
Likes: 319
Liked 303 Times in 182 Posts
Willie Turnover is on a distinguished road
Default
Pulaski County Youth Football League. There are 8 elementary teams so 4 of those teams will feed into Northern and 4 into Southern each year. That coupled with holdbacks , coupled with good coaches equals state championships.
Send a private message to Willie Turnover Add Willie Turnover to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:11 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12,772
Likes: 7,430
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Willie Turnover View Post
Pulaski County Youth Football League. There are 8 elementary teams so 4 of those teams will feed into Northern and 4 into Southern each year. That coupled with holdbacks , coupled with good coaches equals state championships.
Do most 5 A county schools have about that same setup ?
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 666
Likes: 74
Liked 267 Times in 152 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
I think that almost any school that competes at a high level has a good/big youth program. Get kids interested early and have less than 25 kids on a team. Split it as much as you have too. Get lots of kids lots of playing time, you never know what a kid may grow into.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-23-2017, 08:57 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12,772
Likes: 7,430
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Whitley County has seven elementary schools and one middle school. They've been losing a larger number of players than they should have before they make it to the high school over the years.
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-23-2017, 09:38 AM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 666
Likes: 74
Liked 267 Times in 152 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Whitley County has seven elementary schools and one middle school. They've been losing a larger number of players than they should have before they make it to the high school over the years.
A big part of that is becaise of two things. Oak grove is in a lapped district, just because some kids go to oak grove through 6th grade doesn't mean that Whitley "loses" them. For those kids the plan is to go to Corbin in 7th grade from the start. The second reason is because oak grove typically has a ton of kids on a team and a lot don't get playing time, some times it's because the kid in front of them has the correct last name. If you can't find a place to play a kid at oak grove and he comes to Corbin and starts then you didn't deserve him anyway.


On another note, this new sixth grade team that Whitley is forming will only make it worse. They're getting fewer kids less playing time, Corbin will reap the benefits. This last part is just my opinion.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-23-2017, 09:55 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12,772
Likes: 7,430
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
A big part of that is becaise of two things. Oak grove is in a lapped district, just because some kids go to oak grove through 6th grade doesn't mean that Whitley "loses" them. For those kids the plan is to go to Corbin in 7th grade from the start. The second reason is because oak grove typically has a ton of kids on a team and a lot don't get playing time, some times it's because the kid in front of them has the correct last name. If you can't find a place to play a kid at oak grove and he comes to Corbin and starts then you didn't deserve him anyway.


On another note, this new sixth grade team that Whitley is forming will only make it worse. They're getting fewer kids less playing time, Corbin will reap the benefits. This last part is just my opinion.
Oak Grove or 6th grade has not been the problem. They may not have as many players on the middle school team now, but historically they have lost lots of middle schoolers before they make it to the high school . I guess some of the other elementary schools are in lapped districts too
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-23-2017, 09:57 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12,772
Likes: 7,430
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
^ I wonder why they would form a county wide 6th grade team if its only going to hurt them ? . Maybe they will chime in and let us know .
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-23-2017, 10:00 AM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12,772
Likes: 7,430
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
I wonder how many other counties do this ?
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Footballlife1 Footballlife1 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Footballlife1 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Single Wing 77 View Post
A big part of that is becaise of two things. Oak grove is in a lapped district, just because some kids go to oak grove through 6th grade doesn't mean that Whitley "loses" them. For those kids the plan is to go to Corbin in 7th grade from the start. The second reason is because oak grove typically has a ton of kids on a team and a lot don't get playing time, some times it's because the kid in front of them has the correct last name. If you can't find a place to play a kid at oak grove and he comes to Corbin and starts then you didn't deserve him anyway.


On another note, this new sixth grade team that Whitley is forming will only make it worse. They're getting fewer kids less playing time, Corbin will reap the benefits. This last part is just my opinion.
SO what you are saying is Whitley doesn't have big numbers because Corbin takes them??
Send a private message to Footballlife1 Add Footballlife1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-23-2017, 02:56 PM
RunItUpTheGut's Avatar
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
MOD


Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Corbin
Posts: 27,215
Likes: 6,758
Liked 7,665 Times in 5,302 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default
Oak Grove had around 24 6th graders on their team when I was in elementary school. That's not counting the 20 5th graders they also had to make up a good sized team.

Out of those 24, about 10 never played football again, about 5 transferred to a different school system, and that left around 7 or 8 going to the middle school, where as you know, central kids had the upper hand when it came to playing time, even though oak grove kids were usually better. I know if I lived next to oak grove school and worked in Corbin, I sure as **** wouldn't want my kids to go all the way to Williamsburg when they could be closer to home and me while I'm at work. And by the time those 7 or 8 went through high school they graduated with 2 seniors left off that team. So even if we Whitley could blame somebody for poaching, it's also in them because there were 12 or 13 they should have kept after to play. Instead they never even tried after they quit.

It's no secret that they've always had the most numbers in the district. It's a reason Corbin built their primary out in the middle of the county and started annexing. It's also one of the more wealthy parts of the county, if not the wealthiest.
I'm guessing Corbin wants those kids to start AT Corbin since that new school only has K-2.

In other words the kids are still going to whitley.
Whitley just hasn't capatilized on it yet. Funny thing is, most of the good transfers Corbin has got from Whitley were from other elementary schools.

One thing I will say, if Whitley decided to open another small high school to accomadate those kids in that overlapping area, similar to say a Lynn camp to Knox Central, then as a 1A school they would dominate.
Youd get rich talent going there from K-12 from both Whitley and Corbin and I guarantee, with the right set up and coaching, would be on a Mayfield type run after starting up.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 666
Likes: 74
Liked 267 Times in 152 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Oak Grove had around 24 6th graders on their team when I was in elementary school. That's not counting the 20 5th graders they also had to make up a good sized team.

Out of those 24, about 10 never played football again, about 5 transferred to a different school system, and that left around 7 or 8 going to the middle school, where as you know, central kids had the upper hand when it came to playing time, even though oak grove kids were usually better. I know if I lived next to oak grove school and worked in Corbin, I sure as **** wouldn't want my kids to go all the way to Williamsburg when they could be closer to home and me while I'm at work. And by the time those 7 or 8 went through high school they graduated with 2 seniors left off that team. So even if we Whitley could blame somebody for poaching, it's also in them because there were 12 or 13 they should have kept after to play. Instead they never even tried after they quit.

It's no secret that they've always had the most numbers in the district. It's a reason Corbin built their primary out in the middle of the county and started annexing. It's also one of the more wealthy parts of the county, if not the wealthiest.
I'm guessing Corbin wants those kids to start AT Corbin since that new school only has K-2.

In other words the kids are still going to whitley.
Whitley just hasn't capatilized on it yet. Funny thing is, most of the good transfers Corbin has got from Whitley were from other elementary schools.

One thing I will say, if Whitley decided to open another small high school to accomadate those kids in that overlapping area, similar to say a Lynn camp to Knox Central, then as a 1A school they would dominate.
Youd get rich talent going there from K-12 from both Whitley and Corbin and I guarantee, with the right set up and coaching, would be on a Mayfield type run after starting up.
I feel like this tells you everything you need to know about the Whitley county situation. 44 kids on ONE 5th and 6th grade team. Half of them quit or transfer, probably because they weren't getting playing time, or had planned to transfer the whole time. Then they get to the middle school and don't get a fair shake, and end up quitting or transferring. The same can be said for those kids that have transferred from other schools over the years. If you won't play them, but you don't want them to go anywhere else to play them then whose best interests do you have at heart? It sounds to me like there is a "we won't play them, but we don't want them to play for anybody else" mentality at Whitley county. I'm personally about what's best for the kids. Those state runner up teams that Williamsburg had a few years back had about 4 or 5 kids that played middle school ball at Corbin. I'm glad they went to williamsburg and had success. I even watched the championship games on the internet. I wish they would've won it. There is a kid that is carrying the ball a lot at Whitley that came up in the Corbin youth league. I hope he has success, and while I argue with you guys a lot I still hope Whitley does well this year. I think you all have the pieces in place to potentially win a region championship this season. After that who knows, you all may end up making it to state. I can guarantee you this, if Whitley county makes it to Kroger field, I'll be up there rooting for them.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Footballlife1 Footballlife1 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Footballlife1 is on a distinguished road
Default
What about the starting QB for Williamsburg, never came off the field. within a few hours he joined corbin 8th grade, starts every snap. Your telling me he just woke up one day and said "forget the team that i have always played for, im going to corbin". I call bull crap, kids dont think that way they are told something. And what does it say about a team that has a good QB and immediately starts a new transfer, benching their old one. Just my opinion, i just noticed how thoughtful you are towards the kids and surrounding programs.
Send a private message to Footballlife1 Add Footballlife1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-24-2017, 12:34 PM
The Outsider The Outsider is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 313
Likes: 3
Liked 67 Times in 52 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Footballlife1 View Post
What about the starting QB for Williamsburg, never came off the field. within a few hours he joined corbin 8th grade, starts every snap. Your telling me he just woke up one day and said "forget the team that i have always played for, im going to corbin". I call bull crap, kids dont think that way they are told something. And what does it say about a team that has a good QB and immediately starts a new transfer, benching their old one. Just my opinion, i just noticed how thoughtful you are towards the kids and surrounding programs.
Which player are you talking about?
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-24-2017, 01:09 PM
Footballlife1 Footballlife1 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Footballlife1 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
Which player are you talking about?
Cant mention names on BGR,
Send a private message to Footballlife1 Add Footballlife1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Footballlife1 Footballlife1 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Footballlife1 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Oak Grove had around 24 6th graders on their team when I was in elementary school. That's not counting the 20 5th graders they also had to make up a good sized team.

Out of those 24, about 10 never played football again, about 5 transferred to a different school system, and that left around 7 or 8 going to the middle school, where as you know, central kids had the upper hand when it came to playing time, even though oak grove kids were usually better. I know if I lived next to oak grove school and worked in Corbin, I sure as **** wouldn't want my kids to go all the way to Williamsburg when they could be closer to home and me while I'm at work. And by the time those 7 or 8 went through high school they graduated with 2 seniors left off that team. So even if we Whitley could blame somebody for poaching, it's also in them because there were 12 or 13 they should have kept after to play. Instead they never even tried after they quit.

It's no secret that they've always had the most numbers in the district. It's a reason Corbin built their primary out in the middle of the county and started annexing. It's also one of the more wealthy parts of the county, if not the wealthiest.
I'm guessing Corbin wants those kids to start AT Corbin since that new school only has K-2.

In other words the kids are still going to whitley.
Whitley just hasn't capatilized on it yet. Funny thing is, most of the good transfers Corbin has got from Whitley were from other elementary schools.

One thing I will say, if Whitley decided to open another small high school to accomadate those kids in that overlapping area, similar to say a Lynn camp to Knox Central, then as a 1A school they would dominate.
Youd get rich talent going there from K-12 from both Whitley and Corbin and I guarantee, with the right set up and coaching, would be on a Mayfield type run after starting up.
Honestly i would wager that 50% of Corbins football players do not have a true corbin zip code. I wish that the KYMSFA would take a look at players zip codes before they could enter the tournament. Dont say they cant do it, because all i read is how they should control the scheduling, districts, game contracts, punishments, Conferences, etc. But making sure teams dont recruit players....... I understand students move, but come on. Dont pull the "they moved to corbin" when the player lives in a different county. The youth program there spends more time recruiting then coaching. Even if the COACH doesn't do it, it's still wrong to have parents and players do it for them. All i read on here is about a few teams leaving a conference, but everyone seems to not realize why they left. Corbin by no means dominated but they are a very well coached team, sometimes counties get tired of the same bull crap. Clay, Whitley, Williamsburg, NL, SL, Knox, Etc. Nobody will play them. Is it because every team is scared? get real! every county is tired of the same thing. The KYMSFA would never punish them even if proof was given to them. Its hard to play innocent when not a single county surrounding them will play or join a conference with them. JUST SAYING, only my opinion.
Send a private message to Footballlife1 Add Footballlife1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-24-2017, 01:57 PM
The Outsider The Outsider is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 313
Likes: 3
Liked 67 Times in 52 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Footballlife1 View Post
Cant mention names on BGR,
Happen this year? If not, when?
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-24-2017, 01:59 PM
Footballlife1 Footballlife1 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Footballlife1 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
Happen this year? If not, when?
It happens every year! but yes this year.
Send a private message to Footballlife1 Add Footballlife1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Footballlife1 Footballlife1 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Footballlife1 is on a distinguished road
Default
I will chime in, so corbin doesn't cherry pick their players
Send a private message to Footballlife1 Add Footballlife1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Footballlife1 Footballlife1 is offline
Suspended
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Footballlife1 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
^ I wonder why they would form a county wide 6th grade team if its only going to hurt them ? . Maybe they will chime in and let us know .
I will chime in, so corbin doesn't cherry pick their players
Send a private message to Footballlife1 Add Footballlife1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-24-2017, 03:10 PM
The Outsider The Outsider is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 313
Likes: 3
Liked 67 Times in 52 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Footballlife1 View Post
Honestly i would wager that 50% of Corbins football players do not have a true corbin zip code. I wish that the KYMSFA would take a look at players zip codes before they could enter the tournament. Dont say they cant do it, because all i read is how they should control the scheduling, districts, game contracts, punishments, Conferences, etc. But making sure teams dont recruit players....... I understand students move, but come on. Dont pull the "they moved to corbin" when the player lives in a different county. The youth program there spends more time recruiting then coaching. Even if the COACH doesn't do it, it's still wrong to have parents and players do it for them. All i read on here is about a few teams leaving a conference, but everyone seems to not realize why they left. Corbin by no means dominated but they are a very well coached team, sometimes counties get tired of the same bull crap. Clay, Whitley, Williamsburg, NL, SL, Knox, Etc. Nobody will play them. Is it because every team is scared? get real! every county is tired of the same thing. The KYMSFA would never punish them even if proof was given to them. Its hard to play innocent when not a single county surrounding them will play or join a conference with them. JUST SAYING, only my opinion.
I'll take that wager anytime.

Why would the TCSA, organization that runs the youth football league in Corbin, donate equipment to the Lynn Camp football league if they were only interested in recruiting their players?

Do you know where the corbin school district boundaries are? They extend all the way out to High Top Road going out Cumb Falls Hwy.
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-24-2017, 03:55 PM
Coach_Darragh Coach_Darragh is offline
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8
Likes: 2
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Coach_Darragh is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
I'll take that wager anytime.

Why would the TCSA, organization that runs the youth football league in Corbin, donate equipment to the Lynn Camp football league if they were only interested in recruiting their players?

Do you know where the corbin school district boundaries are? They extend all the way out to High Top Road going out Cumb Falls Hwy.
Zip codes don't really matter. Don't know if this is still the case, but through 2013, folks outside of the Corbin district at least talked about assigning "educational guardianship" of their kids to a relative or friend within the district. A number of parents used their business addresses to send their kids to Corbin. There were quite a few kids from outside the district who attend the Corbin schools. That used to be part of a reciprocity agreement. Again, not sure if that is still the case. There was a big stink over recirproity between Corbin and Knox Co due to lost funding for the Knox schools. All that may have been cleared up in the past few years though.
Send a private message to Coach_Darragh Add Coach_Darragh to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-24-2017, 06:34 PM
The Outsider The Outsider is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 313
Likes: 3
Liked 67 Times in 52 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Coach_Darragh View Post
Zip codes don't really matter. Don't know if this is still the case, but through 2013, folks outside of the Corbin district at least talked about assigning "educational guardianship" of their kids to a relative or friend within the district. A number of parents used their business addresses to send their kids to Corbin. There were quite a few kids from outside the district who attend the Corbin schools. That used to be part of a reciprocity agreement. Again, not sure if that is still the case. There was a big stink over recirproity between Corbin and Knox Co due to lost funding for the Knox schools. All that may have been cleared up in the past few years though.
Corbin can take approximately 406 kids from Knox per their reciprocal agreement.
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-24-2017, 08:19 PM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 666
Likes: 74
Liked 267 Times in 152 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Footballlife1 View Post
What about the starting QB for Williamsburg, never came off the field. within a few hours he joined corbin 8th grade, starts every snap. Your telling me he just woke up one day and said "forget the team that i have always played for, im going to corbin". I call bull crap, kids dont think that way they are told something. And what does it say about a team that has a good QB and immediately starts a new transfer, benching their old one. Just my opinion, i just noticed how thoughtful you are towards the kids and surrounding programs.
This shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. The kid you're referring to has yet to start a game a quarterback. He does start, but not at quarterback.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-24-2017, 09:47 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12,772
Likes: 7,430
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Footballlife1 View Post
Honestly i would wager that 50% of Corbins football players do not have a true corbin zip code. I wish that the KYMSFA would take a look at players zip codes before they could enter the tournament. Dont say they cant do it, because all i read is how they should control the scheduling, districts, game contracts, punishments, Conferences, etc. But making sure teams dont recruit players....... I understand students move, but come on. Dont pull the "they moved to corbin" when the player lives in a different county. The youth program there spends more time recruiting then coaching. Even if the COACH doesn't do it, it's still wrong to have parents and players do it for them. All i read on here is about a few teams leaving a conference, but everyone seems to not realize why they left. Corbin by no means dominated but they are a very well coached team, sometimes counties get tired of the same bull crap. Clay, Whitley, Williamsburg, NL, SL, Knox, Etc. Nobody will play them. Is it because every team is scared? get real! every county is tired of the same thing. The KYMSFA would never punish them even if proof was given to them. Its hard to play innocent when not a single county surrounding them will play or join a conference with them. JUST SAYING, only my opinion.
jerk the covers off the sneaky snakes. lol
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-24-2017, 09:48 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12,772
Likes: 7,430
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Footballlife1 View Post
I will chime in, so corbin doesn't cherry pick their players
of course
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-24-2017, 11:58 PM
RunItUpTheGut's Avatar
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
MOD


Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Corbin
Posts: 27,215
Likes: 6,758
Liked 7,665 Times in 5,302 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default
Things aren't the same as they were 20 years ago.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a kid with a county address playing for Corbin or vice versa.
Reciprocal agreements made that a non issue. Hence the reason Knox went crazy about it a couple of years ago once they realized it could greatly benefit sports programs.
The only problem in today's world is transferring. It's still not right for a kid to start somewhere and end up somewhere else. At the same time though, I understand a parent putting a kid into the best situation even if that means transferring.

And for these reasons, I am completely and totally for legal recruiting and sending your kid wherever they want with no sitting it for transfers. Parents can get a lawyer and file the injunction and play regardless with the right judge as seen in the 14th region.
Might as well open the floodgates and let the chips fall where they may.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 666
Likes: 74
Liked 267 Times in 152 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
I'm not for recruiting in any manner, I'm for what the kids want and what is in the best interests of the kids. That being said, great programs draw players and sometimes a kid moves. If a kid moves, then he should be allowed to play. It doesn't matter if it's 15 minutes away, or 15 hours.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-25-2017, 12:32 PM
pjdoug's Avatar
pjdoug pjdoug is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12,772
Likes: 7,430
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,913 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Things aren't the same as they were 20 years ago.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a kid with a county address playing for Corbin or vice versa.
Reciprocal agreements made that a non issue. Hence the reason Knox went crazy about it a couple of years ago once they realized it could greatly benefit sports programs.
The only problem in today's world is transferring. It's still not right for a kid to start somewhere and end up somewhere else. At the same time though, I understand a parent putting a kid into the best situation even if that means transferring.

And for these reasons, I am completely and totally for legal recruiting and sending your kid wherever they want with no sitting it for transfers. Parents can get a lawyer and file the injunction and play regardless with the right judge as seen in the 14th region.
Might as well open the floodgates and let the chips fall where they may.
I disagree. kids from Southern Whitley County shouldn't be playing for Corbin nor should North Laurel kids be playing for Williamsburg or Corbin. The better opportunity thing is a bunch of B'S to justify recruiting.
__________________
Send a private message to pjdoug Add pjdoug to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-25-2017, 01:30 PM
The Outsider The Outsider is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 313
Likes: 3
Liked 67 Times in 52 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Default
What about Corbin kids playing for Williamsburg or Whitley,? Is that ok?
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Middle School Sports » Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.