Rate This Thread - North Korea Possibly Tested A Hydrogen Bomb.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-03-2017, 09:15 AM
RTS's Avatar
RTS RTS is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 27
Likes: 5
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
RTS is on a distinguished road
Default North Korea Possibly Tested A Hydrogen Bomb
SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea carried out its sixth and most powerful nuclear test in an extraordinary show of defiance against President Trump on Sunday, saying it had detonated a hydrogen bomb that could be mounted on an intercontinental ballistic missile.

The test, which the North called a “complete success,” was the first to clearly surpass the destructive power of the bombs dropped on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II.

The announcement from North Korea came hours after the country declared that it had developed a hydrogen bomb that could fit into the warhead of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

Still, it was unclear whether the North had in fact detonated such a weapon, a far more powerful type of nuclear device than the atomic bombs it has tested in the past. And analysts were skeptical that Pyongyang had really developed the capability to mount one on an ICBM.

The United States Geological Survey estimated that the tremor set off by the blast, detected at 12:36 p.m. at the Punggye-ri underground test site in northwestern North Korea, had a magnitude of 6.3.

The South Korean Defense Ministry’s estimate was much lower, at 5.7, but even that would mean a blast “five to six times” as powerful as the North’s last nuclear test, a year ago, said Lee Mi-sun, a senior analyst at the South Korean Meteorological Administration.


North Korea Says It Tested a Hydrogen Bomb Meant for Missiles


At some point, North Korea is going to have to be addressed. I'm not sure what that will entail, but it's glaringly obvious Kim Jong-un is hellbent on pushing the envelope even more.
Send a private message to RTS Add RTS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 09-03-2017, 12:45 PM
WideRight05 WideRight05 is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals


Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,607
Likes: 1,170
Liked 1,397 Times in 995 Posts
WideRight05 is a jewel in the roughWideRight05 is a jewel in the roughWideRight05 is a jewel in the roughWideRight05 is a jewel in the rough
Default
Give them more money. Right liberals?
Send a private message to WideRight05 Add WideRight05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2017, 02:38 PM
catdoggy catdoggy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hollerwood, KY
Posts: 174
Likes: 10
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
catdoggy is on a distinguished road
Default
<puffs chest out> We strongly object to this. This is different when we just strongly objected last week. We strongly object.

Admin. is laughable and incompetent.
Send a private message to catdoggy Add catdoggy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2017, 04:06 PM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,733
Likes: 2
Liked 1,240 Times in 1,205 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Where is China? Russia? Beyond ol' Bowl Cut's magical kingdom of Noz, the deeper issue may be the clear signs that Russia and China are clearly still no friends of western democracies. One would think a nuclear-armed Kim Jung Un would trouble both China and Russia, but, ultimately, North Korea and Bowl Cut equal trouble for South Korea, Japan, and the West.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-04-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Spirit100's Avatar
Spirit100 Spirit100 is offline
Hall of Fame


Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Terra Firma
Posts: 5,451
Likes: 1,305
Liked 1,238 Times in 861 Posts
Spirit100 is on a distinguished road
Default
Considering this weeks latest launch of a test ICBM, what action do you think this presidency will take.

I heard the following quote from our President, "We'll take care of it!"

Does Kim "disappear" or would his predecessor be more of a threat?
__________________



"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Send a private message to Spirit100 Add Spirit100 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2017, 11:11 AM
Motley Motley is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 658
Likes: 44
Liked 130 Times in 104 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Default

Attached Images:
File Type: jpg C9Xb8RkUwAECf3k.jpg (37.9 KB, 4 views)
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (12-02-2017)
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2017, 11:56 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,786
Likes: 702
Liked 977 Times in 812 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
^^ The land of Israel has been facing down a rogue regime in Iran, which has had nuclear aspirations now for decades. I can recall several occasions over time in which Israel mounted assaults against Iran, destroying their nuclear facilities. The result has been such that the Iranian nuclear effort was set back decades, as to this day Iran has still not attained nuclear status.

Of course the American left howled like mortally wounded werewolves every time Israel was, out of self preservation, forced to act on it's own to surgically attack the Iranian nuclear program. I love the Jewish people. Leaving liberal ridiculousness to those who are ridiculous, they move to protect themselves even as the rest of the world chides them to capitulate. Sadly, one of those so chiding Israel in sundry times past has been the US.

Well, we took our own advice where foreign policy concerns impacted North Korea. And all that such overtures of human brotherhood have gotten us is a nuclear North Korea. Now instead of being able to just destroy NK's nuclear facilities with conventional means and move on. We are forced to recognize that they just might get off a nuke or even several of them, DURING any military action the US might take to eliminate their nuclear capability. A nuclear capability BTW, they have developed at great expense in suffering and sacrifice of their own people, in order to get even with America. Therefore the cheese is now much more binding.

To make matters worse, among the many insanities of Mr Obama's foreign policy machinations where Iran were concerned, was this gem. After having virtually handed Iran the bomb and rather incredibly, in 2014 the US actually threatened military action against Israel if they should try another attitude adjustment via attack against Iran.

ARTICLE EXCERPT:

"The Bethlehem-based news agency Ma’an has cited a Kuwaiti newspaper report Saturday, that US President Barack Obama thwarted an Israeli military attack against Iran's nuclear facilities in 2014 by threatening to shoot down Israeli jets before they could reach their targets in Iran." http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/191966

As to the history of man, and not that there are not far larger powers at work here, but elections DO have consequences. We're still reaping the whirlwind for electing and then reelecting Wm J Clinton, and I'm afraid where reaping is concerned the 8 year Obama legacy for the sake of world peace, will prove to be the tipping point.

Negligence and dereliction of duty created the North Korean threat, but global/socio reengineering created the Iranian threat. The absurdities as negotiated with the controlling Mullahs by John Kerry, along with a massive payment of over 150 billion taxpayer dollars (in cash) insisted upon and enacted by only one man, President Barack Obama, advanced Iranian aspirations for Middle Eastern dominance exponentially. And BTW, the globalism sickness behind all the afore mentioned lunacy, with which nearly the entire US Congress was beset that gave rise to US globalism, is far from cured in this day.

We sat on our hands until dealing with NK has become a near existential threat. And why would we do that? Because bleeding heart liberals thought and continue to think the best way to deal with rogue regimes in the days of nuclear existentialism, is to allow them to prosecute their own nuclear ambitions while not being responsible in using our own conventional deterrents to stop them. In fact, it was the milquetoast turbo-charged passivity of liberals embedded in the US Congress that created the vacuum into which these rogue regimes grew. Cowardice is not a deterrent as past and recent history clearly demonstrates.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2017, 08:51 PM
RunItUpTheGut's Avatar
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
MOD


Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Corbin
Posts: 27,923
Likes: 6,885
Liked 7,876 Times in 5,439 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by catdoggy View Post
<puffs chest out> We strongly object to this. This is different when we just strongly objected last week. We strongly object.

Admin. is laughable and incompetent.
Tell me exactly what your like them to do?
Start another 10 year war like bush and Obama?
Spend billions of tax payer dollars and get Americans killed?

Nope. Not gonna happen. If we do anything it should simply be nuking the entire country into oblivion. We are just waiting on them to make the first move.


Personally I'm enjoying the no war booming economy and highest consistent GDP growth of my life time. If only Trump could stay I'd probably be able to retire at 50. No doubt some liberal will screw it up.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Motley Motley is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 658
Likes: 44
Liked 130 Times in 104 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Tell me exactly what your like them to do?
Start another 10 year war like bush and Obama?
Spend billions of tax payer dollars and get Americans killed?

Nope. Not gonna happen. If we do anything it should simply be nuking the entire country into oblivion. We are just waiting on them to make the first move.


Personally I'm enjoying the no war booming economy and highest consistent GDP growth of my life time. If only Trump could stay I'd probably be able to retire at 50. No doubt some liberal will screw it up.
Highest GDP growth of your lifetime? Were you just born in the last couple of years?
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (12-02-2017)
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-02-2017, 09:40 AM
RunItUpTheGut's Avatar
RunItUpTheGut RunItUpTheGut is offline
MOD


Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Corbin
Posts: 27,923
Likes: 6,885
Liked 7,876 Times in 5,439 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Motley View Post
Highest GDP growth of your lifetime? Were you just born in the last couple of years?
Duck dodge dive deflect.

Answer the question . What would you have him do?
Don't talk about it then hide like a scared child.

Tell us what you'd have him do. I want exact details of what Trump could do about NK that would make you happy.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,303
Likes: 744
Liked 1,448 Times in 1,037 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
I approve of Trump's job performance overall so far, particularly in the areas of deregulation and the dramatic improvement of tax policy and business environment. However, IMO, his foreign policy performance has been dismal. He has strained relations with allies such as the UK with his stupid Twitter habit and he has been more mouth than action where North Korea is concerned.

What would I have done differently? I would have spoken more softly (i.e., no taunting, empty threat taunts of the little Fat Man) and carried a bigger stick. We are headed toward a confrontation with NK. It would have been better to have chosen the time for issuing an ultimatum to NK before the tyrant had successfully tested an ICBM.

Bush and Obama deserve condemnation for their handling of NK, but let's not give Trump a pass for his lack of constructive action. Tens of thousands to millions of American lives are now at risk and every American president since Bill Clinton deserve some of the blame.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-02-2017, 11:11 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,786
Likes: 702
Liked 977 Times in 812 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
THE NEW YORK POST
Jan 2016



"For all this, thank Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. North Korea couldn’t have done it without their gullibility."

- Back in 1994, President Clinton prepared to confront North Korea over CIA reports it had built nuclear warheads and its subsequent threats to engulf Japan and South Korea in “a sea of fire.”

- Enter self-appointed peacemaker Carter: The ex-prez scurried off to Pyongyang and negotiated a sellout deal that gave North Korea two new reactors and $5 billion in aid in return for a promise to quit seeking nukes.

Clinton embraced this appeasement as achieving “an end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean Peninsula”

https://nypost.com/2016/01/06/you-ca...-koreas-nukes/


Carter, Clinton and Obama, were/are hopeless pacifists with off-the-chart naïveté quotients. They negotiated and/or oversaw this present fiasco of which wiggle room has now vanished. The rest of the gutless wonders associated within the Congress followed their leads. I'm with you about the tweets. I wish Trump had a little Netanyahu about him. Just develop a plan and do it.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,303
Likes: 744
Liked 1,448 Times in 1,037 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
THE NEW YORK POST
Jan 2016



"For all this, thank Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. North Korea couldn’t have done it without their gullibility."

- Back in 1994, President Clinton prepared to confront North Korea over CIA reports it had built nuclear warheads and its subsequent threats to engulf Japan and South Korea in “a sea of fire.”

- Enter self-appointed peacemaker Carter: The ex-prez scurried off to Pyongyang and negotiated a sellout deal that gave North Korea two new reactors and $5 billion in aid in return for a promise to quit seeking nukes.

Clinton embraced this appeasement as achieving “an end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean Peninsula”

https://nypost.com/2016/01/06/you-ca...-koreas-nukes/

Carter, Clinton and Obama, were/are hopeless pacifists with off-the-chart naïveté quotients. They negotiated and/or oversaw this present fiasco of which wiggle room has now vanished. The rest of the gutless wonders associated within the Congress followed their leads.
North Korea has been threatening to nuke us since Trump entered office. What has he done about it? The mess that was NK was created by his predecessors, but Trump promised to do something about the situation. So far, his plan seems to consist of talking the little fat boy to death. The NK threat grows more serious every passing day.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-02-2017, 03:36 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,786
Likes: 702
Liked 977 Times in 812 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
North Korea has been threatening to nuke us since Trump entered office. What has he done about it? The mess that was NK was created by his predecessors, but Trump promised to do something about the situation. So far, his plan seems to consist of talking the little fat boy to death. The NK threat grows more serious every passing day.


He hasn't done anything overtly yet, and I'm not disagreeing with you about that. All I'm saying is since the days of Reagan, liberals in the Congress have done their dead level best to thwart sound foreign policy. And thanks to their efforts we now stare down the gun barrel of a nuclear capable North Korea, AND the soon coming of a nuclear Iran. I don't know how the US military can guarantee the people of this nation that Kim Jong un won't get off a shot if and when we invade. But if even one nuke hits the US mainland it will be catastrophic. Like you said, waiting for him to gain even more power would be far worse. This is no critique of your point, but Trump inherited the mess, he didn't cause it. And you know from reading my posts on here I've warned against this day since 2010.

Mark Levin speaks to this subject with his usual insightful eloquence way back on February 23, 2004----

" President Bush is grappling with the serious threats posed by North Korea and Iran, and their nuclear programs. But unlike his Democratic predecessor, he’s looking for ways to defeat their efforts, not tolerate them. For this, too, he is denounced harshly by his critics. But if anyone can at least begin the process of unraveling these regimes, it’s this president.

John Kerry and the other Democratic leaders are on the wrong side of history, as they were during the Reagan presidency. If they had won the day, and Reagan had failed, the Soviet Union would still exist, as would all the harm and suffering it unleashed, and American security would be far weaker as a result. And if they win this election thanks to a promise to undo the Reagan-Bush Doctrine, those cheering loudest will be the most evil-loving among us."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-bush-doctrine

The full article is not long and fills in the historical blanks nicely. Today we are far from 2004 and the unthinkable outcome Levin and others warned the country about has come to pass. Yet the ever-ready liberal twerps are still on the march. To wit, incredibly and in a sick twist of irony, while Gen Mike Flynn and perhaps certain other notables from among the Trump Administration fend off threats of being charged with trespass against the nation under 'The Logan Act' guidelines, (for nothing BTW), former President Obama runs a shadow government. Most recently by following President Trump on his Asia tour. Berating and bad mouthing him at every single stop and taking a page out of the Jimmy Carter play book, Obama did his best to undermine US status across the globe.

Levin had it right in 2004. And many of the same people who through a form of cowardice caused this nightmare by not acting back in the Clinton Era, are still with us, in power and still seeking to finish their works of national sabotage today. The truth of it remains rather 'nuclear' in and of itself.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,303
Likes: 744
Liked 1,448 Times in 1,037 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
He hasn't done anything overtly yet, and I'm not disagreeing with you about that. All I'm saying is since the days of Reagan, liberals in the Congress have done their dead level best to thwart sound foreign policy. And thanks to their efforts we now stare down the gun barrel of a nuclear capable North Korea, AND the soon coming of a nuclear Iran. I don't know how the US military can guarantee the people of this nation that Kim Jong un won't get off a shot if and when we invade. But if even one nuke hits the US mainland it will be catastrophic. Like you said, waiting for him to gain even more power would be far worse. This is no critique of your point, but Trump inherited the mess, he didn't cause it. And you know from reading my posts on here I've warned against this day since 2010.

Mark Levin speaks to this subject with his usual insightful eloquence way back on February 23, 2004----

" President Bush is grappling with the serious threats posed by North Korea and Iran, and their nuclear programs. But unlike his Democratic predecessor, he’s looking for ways to defeat their efforts, not tolerate them. For this, too, he is denounced harshly by his critics. But if anyone can at least begin the process of unraveling these regimes, it’s this president.

John Kerry and the other Democratic leaders are on the wrong side of history, as they were during the Reagan presidency. If they had won the day, and Reagan had failed, the Soviet Union would still exist, as would all the harm and suffering it unleashed, and American security would be far weaker as a result. And if they win this election thanks to a promise to undo the Reagan-Bush Doctrine, those cheering loudest will be the most evil-loving among us."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-bush-doctrine

The full article is not long and fills in the historical blanks nicely. Today we are far from 2004 and the unthinkable outcome Levin and others warned the country about has come to pass. Yet the ever-ready liberal twerps are still on the march. To wit, incredibly and in a sick twist of irony, while Gen Mike Flynn and perhaps certain other notables from among the Trump Administration fend off threats of being charged with trespass against the nation under 'The Logan Act' guidelines, (for nothing BTW), former President Obama runs a shadow government. Most recently by following President Trump on his Asia tour. Berating and bad mouthing him at every single stop and taking a page out of the Jimmy Carter play book, Obama did his best to undermine US status across the globe.

Levin had it right in 2004. And many of the same people who through a form of cowardice caused this nightmare by not acting back in the Clinton Era, are still with us, in power and still seeking to finish their works of national sabotage today. The truth of it remains rather 'nuclear' in and of itself.
All valid points, TRT, but the GOP controls the Senate, the House, and the White House - and as they say, if you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. Trump desperately needs to stop trying to conduct foreign policy via Twitter.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-02-2017, 09:37 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,786
Likes: 702
Liked 977 Times in 812 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
All valid points, TRT, but the GOP controls the Senate, the House, and the White House - and as they say, if you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. Trump desperately needs to stop trying to conduct foreign policy via Twitter.


Agreed. It's possible if Trump thought he could trust McConnell et-al to conduct themselves in a manner conducive to the common good, he might be able to lean on them for the sake of appearances at least. But as things are, from the day his transition team was put together until the Senate finally passed tax reform at 3am yesterday morning, he has been opposed.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-03-2017, 06:20 AM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,303
Likes: 744
Liked 1,448 Times in 1,037 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Agreed. It's possible if Trump thought he could trust McConnell et-al to conduct themselves in a manner conducive to the common good, he might be able to lean on them for the sake of appearances at least. But as things are, from the day his transition team was put together until the Senate finally passed tax reform at 3am yesterday morning, he has been opposed.
As president, overcoming opposition is part of the job. Trump promised to be an effective president who would come to Washington and get things done.

Our great president, Ronald Reagan, faced a Congress controlled by the Democrats and yet, the policies and legislation that he implemented resulted in drastic tax cuts and steep cuts in the rates of inflation, unemployment, and interest - and our defeat of the Soviet Union in the Cold War.

Trump will be held to his campaign promises, just as Reagan was held to his. I do not want to hear him whine about having to work with a Democratic Congress from 2018 through 2020 and then see another socialist Democrat in the White House in 2021. At this time, that scenario seems much too likely. We cannot afford another Obama.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-03-2017, 03:32 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,786
Likes: 702
Liked 977 Times in 812 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
As president, overcoming opposition is part of the job. Trump promised to be an effective president who would come to Washington and get things done.

Our great president, Ronald Reagan, faced a Congress controlled by the Democrats and yet, the policies and legislation that he implemented resulted in drastic tax cuts and steep cuts in the rates of inflation, unemployment, and interest - and our defeat of the Soviet Union in the Cold War.

Trump will be held to his campaign promises, just as Reagan was held to his. I do not want to hear him whine about having to work with a Democratic Congress from 2018 through 2020 and then see another socialist Democrat in the White House in 2021. At this time, that scenario seems much too likely. We cannot afford another Obama.


LOL, I'm not convinced that time won't tell we couldn't afford 'the last' Obama. The question as to whether or not we can survive the destructive legacy of his tenure is in my mind, still a question which is quite up in the air.

But I believe the Democrats of our time would be pretty dissimilar to Democrats of the Reagan Era. Just for the sake of nostalgia, look up the member lists of the House and Senate from those years. Honestly, a big part of our problem has been brought about by our own past successes. Though Russia and other powers have been a serious threat, the nations of new world order emerging from WW2 have largely enjoyed a time of peace. And though many current Congressmen are long-serving, they are still unrefined by the fires of such challenge. Is there anybody on this forum who believes there exists so much as one Congressman who'd push for a military showdown on the order of the one JFK presided over during the Cuban Missile Crisis? They (congressmen) all grew up during a time of relative peace and have no basis for comparison. As the result we're governed by a bunch of ill informed and misplaced ideologues who think the greatest threat to mankind is racial bias and global warming. Not many of them ever served in the military, and those who legislated in wartime, such as the Iraq War or the war in Afghanistan, must have foreheads of granite, cause they learned nothing. RINO's are not a lot better. Paul Ryan for example is a no borders globalist in my book. And I'm pretty sure ol George W leaned that way too BTW.

Even though Reagan's message of an inept and lumbersome government was a surprise to me, I found it believable. But the proof was in the pudding, as over the remainder of his Presidency America's interests and fortunes soared. I would imagine the righteous indignation that Reagan's message gave his enemies, isn't much different than the indignation and acidic contempt Trump's message has caused his own government entrenched enemies.

I believe the only way traditionally conservative values will get a chance to prove themselves viable once again, is if as you suggest, Trump is somehow able by force of will to roll over the milquetoasts, the revenue neutralists, and the globalists. It is a very tall order made even more challenging than that of Reagan's day by a current public opinion which has become jaded due to lack of threat, and last but not least is the RINO factor.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.