Rate This Thread - Harriet Tubman: $20 bill.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-06-2017, 09:18 PM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Harriet Tubman: $20 bill
Harriet Tubman, an avid abolitionist, a staunch suffragist, a helper in emancipating human beings held as chattel, appearing on the $20 bill does no harm to America. In fact, it recognizes certain things about American history that need to be remembered, not as a condemnation of the present or future, but as a reminder of the past. Plus, she stood for freedom, fought for equal treatment, and labored to see human beings find emancipation.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 09-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
lol...


If I were you I would just print off a picture of ole Harriet, cut the face out, grab a $20 dollar bill and tape it over the face of Andrew Jackson...Wala, now we're cookin with gas.

You can take it to the grocery store, pull it out of your wallet, flash it around and dazzle every checkout clerk in the store...You could be a hero and HuffPost would be all over you.

There's your instant fix to the whole problem Geraldo, since you seem to be the only one worried about it to begin with.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #3  
Old 09-06-2017, 10:46 PM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
lol...


If I were you I would just print off a picture of ole Harriet, cut the face out, grab a $20 dollar bill and tape it over the face of Andrew Jackson...Wala, now we're cookin with gas.

You can take it to the grocery store, pull it out of your wallet, flash it around and dazzle every checkout clerk in the store...You could be a hero and HuffPost would be all over you.

There's your instant fix to the whole problem Geraldo, since you seem to be the only one worried about it to begin with.
Harriet Tubman sought the emancipation of human beings being held as chattel. Harriet Tubman worked to get the vote for her gender. America will not crumble, nor change, nor spiral into a devil's **** because Harriet Tubman is on a $20 bill. Period.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page
  #4  
Old 09-07-2017, 12:05 AM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
Harriet Tubman sought the emancipation of human beings being held as chattel. Harriet Tubman worked to get the vote for her gender. America will not crumble, nor change, nor spiral into a devil's **** because Harriet Tubman is on a $20 bill. Period.
Well La-T-Da!!

I would think that by now that you should be able to tell that nobody really gives a rat's patooty . Perhaps ole Harriet should have fought this gallant campaign towards her ancestors fellow tribesmen for rounding up their own brothers and sisters and selling them for a few trinkets first...How come you do-gooder crusaders never tell that part of the story?

The economy is in shambles, North Korea is threatening nuclear war, heath insurance is in crisis, rioting is going on in the streets, hurricanes have and are continuing to ravish the south, and then here you have some ignorant liberal ding a ling going on about how we need to change the $20 bill for no reason at all other than "hey we need this black chick on a piece of money"...Why? "Well because she's black, that's why"....Yep, that's really something that we need to drop all this other unimportant stuff for and immediately take action on this really urgent and important piece of legislation...And your thick skull still can not fathom how somebody like Donald Trump was elected president..


I'll tell you exactly why Donald Trump was elected president, Geraldo...It's because of ding a lings like you that the American people have grown sick and tired of..


Here gitback, like this one.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #5  
Old 09-07-2017, 12:26 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Harriet Tubman believed that the idea that human beings could be bought and sold as livestock, and worked like livestock, was evil.

Harriet Tubman believed that denying a woman the right to vote violated basic principles of value and dignity.

Harriet Tubman's image on the $20 bill is not connected to North Korea. Harriet Tubman's image on the $20 bill is not tangential to North Korea. Harriet Tubman is the topic of this thread. Posters should remain on topic and engage in no tomfoolery at all. Any and all name calling is certainly not fun, but is rather to be taken seriously. It must be taken personally. Harriet Tubman's image on the $20 bill is no threat to America, no sweat to Donald Trump, no fret to the economy.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page
  #6  
Old 09-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Well goody for her...I anxiously await the Spielberg blockbuster film and I hope to live long enough to see her image on Mt. Rushmore with those other cool dudes......NOT

I'm sure that you've noticed that nobody else cares either.

Cassius Clay also aligned himself with Islamic hate groups, lets put that coward on the 50 cent piece while we are at it too.

Personally I think this deserves some off the wall "woman at the well" attachment to it...Do spew more useless jibberish, Geraldo. Do spew.

...Pins and needles, my boy, pins and needles.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #7  
Old 09-07-2017, 05:41 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Harriet Tubman, of course, is the topic of this thread: her image on a $20 bill specifically. Of course, no matter where one falls on the political spectrum, one must remain on topic, with as much concentration and focus as Harriet Tubman put into standing up against slavery, against unequal treatment, against injustice. Cassius Clay, for example, courageous as he was, is not the topic of this thread.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page
  #8  
Old 09-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Oh, I'm on topic because it's all related...You just cant stand that I am and it is. It defeats your hack narrative. It deeply disturbs you that common sense plays a part in all of this jibberish...

Ooops excuse me, a liberal would not be familiar with any of that.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #9  
Old 09-07-2017, 08:22 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,429
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
Harriet Tubman sought the emancipation of human beings being held as chattel. Harriet Tubman worked to get the vote for her gender. America will not crumble, nor change, nor spiral into a devil's **** because Harriet Tubman is on a $20 bill. Period.


The record on Harriet Tubman is steeped in folk lore and exaggerations. Andrew Jackson on the other hand, whose image she would replace but only at the behest of the outlaw administration with whom you are so enamored and whose contempt for white men was epic, is a Founding Father. Period.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page
  #10  
Old 09-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
The record on Harriet Tubman is steeped in folk lore and exaggerations. Andrew Jackson on the other hand, whose image she would replace but only at the behest of the outlaw administration with whom you are so enamored and whose contempt for white men was epic, is a Founding Father. Period.
You are using logic and common sense TRT...You know that stuff wont fly (aka register) with Geraldo.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #11  
Old 09-07-2017, 09:16 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,429
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
You are using logic and common sense TRT...You know that stuff wont fly (aka register) with Geraldo.

True enough Bob. Sombrero proves a point about all libs though, and that is the dogged manner in which all libs cling to the ridiculous. No argument can dissuade them, when bested as they always are when confronted by logic and fact, they fade off for a few days and reemerge the triumphant debater after the dust settles.

When one lives in La-La Land all truth is subjective anyway, so why ever admit defeat? Like a soap opera, it's the same old superficial baloney day after day.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page
  #12  
Old 09-07-2017, 09:29 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,429
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
^^ And while I'm on the subject, the same holds true at the national level. If you will recall, the Obla-Blah-Blah administration held to their propagandist absurdities until the detractors were too exasperated to continue the fight and the sheeple were placidly bought off. It's amazing to hear the Republican Speaker and the Senate Leader current parroting of Obama by-lines. Time for a
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page
  #13  
Old 09-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
^^ And while I'm on the subject, the same holds true at the national level. If you will recall, the Obla-Blah-Blah administration held to their propagandist absurdities until the detractors were too exasperated to continue the fight and the sheeple were placidly bought off. It's amazing to hear the Republican Speaker and the Senate Leader current parroting of Obama by-lines. Time for a
Exactly....In point; McConnell, Ryan, McCain, Flake, Collins, Graham and the lady dude from Alaska.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #14  
Old 09-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Motley Motley is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 586
Likes: 33
Liked 112 Times in 92 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
The record on Harriet Tubman is steeped in folk lore and exaggerations. Andrew Jackson on the other hand, whose image she would replace but only at the behest of the outlaw administration with whom you are so enamored and whose contempt for white men was epic, is a Founding Father. Period.
Andrew Jackson is not a founding father. Founding fathers were the men who led us to independence in the Revolution and helped establish the US. Andrew Jackson at 9 years old did not declare independence nor at 20 years old helped write the constitution.

He did however help decimate the Native American population with his Indian Removal Act appealing to southerners scared of anyone or anything different like yourself. So it's easy to see why he's a hero to people like you.
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page
  #15  
Old 09-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Motley View Post
Andrew Jackson is not a founding father. Founding fathers were the men who led us to independence in the Revolution and helped establish the US. Andrew Jackson at 9 years old did not declare independence nor at 20 years old helped write the constitution.

He did however help decimate the Native American population with his Indian Removal Act appealing to southerners scared of anyone or anything different like yourself. So it's easy to see why he's a hero to people like you.
Gee Motley, I know he doesn't measure up to Caitlin Jenner specs but why cant Andy and Cait both be co-heros in your eyes?


So, I guess, O' ye of the smart mouth, being a sympathizer of the northern folks and all, which of the leaders of the north who wanted to wipe out the Iroquois, Delaware, the Mohicans or the Shawnee, etc. etc., etc. do you hero worship the most?
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #16  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:11 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

"Folklore"

Did Harriet Tubman work in the Underground Railroad? Yes.

Was Harriet Tubman part of the suffragist movement? Yes

Was Harriet Tubman an abolitionist? Yes

The trouble with "sophisticated" white supremacism is the same as it was in the less polished days of white sheets and burned crosses: it's evil trying to pass itself off as godliness.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page
  #17  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:14 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
You are using logic and common sense TRT...You know that stuff wont fly (aka register) with Geraldo.
Of course, the subject being Harriet Tubman, who indeed was an abolitionist, a suffragist, a worker in the Underground Railroad, the only reasonable response to unreasonable supremacism is to go on down to Pine Mountain Grill and grab a steak dinner, using a $20 bill.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page
  #18  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:21 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
Oh, I'm on topic because it's all related...You just cant stand that I am and it is. It defeats your hack narrative. It deeply disturbs you that common sense plays a part in all of this jibberish...

Ooops excuse me, a liberal would not be familiar with any of that.
Harriet Tubman was not a conspiracist, nor a supremacist. This is why her image will be on the $20 bill. Her logic was that human beings ought not be bought and sold and driven like cattle. Her reasoning was that women were equal and should have the right to vote. Her premise was that getting slaves to freedom was just. The folklore of the nobility of the southern gentleman, the grace of the Southern belle? Harriet Tubman did not perceive it that way. Where the oppressor sees culture, the oppressed see suffering and injustice. This thread is about Harriet Tubman and her image on the $20 bill.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page
  #19  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:27 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
Gee Motley, I know he doesn't measure up to Caitlin Jenner specs but why cant Andy and Cait both be co-heros in your eyes?


So, I guess, O' ye of the smart mouth, being a sympathizer of the northern folks and all, which of the leaders of the north who wanted to wipe out the Iroquois, Delaware, the Mohicans or the Shawnee, etc. etc., etc. do you hero worship the most?
Who argued "northerners" were exempt from "steeped in sin at birth"? As did Harriet Tubman, I worship Christ. I doubt the Trail of Tears was a great time for "do unto others." It is not "folklore" to state that Harriet Tubman exhibited far more "do unto others" integrity than did Andrew Jackson. UNLESS, the alt right and white "history" books do a bit of revisionist figuring.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page
  #20  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post

"Folklore"

Did Harriet Tubman work in the Underground Railroad? Yes.

Was Harriet Tubman part of the suffragist movement? Yes

Was Harriet Tubman an abolitionist? Yes

The trouble with "sophisticated" white supremacism is the same as it was in the less polished days of white sheets and burned crosses: it's evil trying to pass itself off as godliness.
Elvis Presley hated racism and bigotry.

Elvis Presley bridged the gap of black music and made it acceptable to play on the mainstream airwaves.

Elvis Presley in his youth lived under the railroad.

Elvis Presley had many black friends.

Elvis Presley sang songs that many listeners thought were coming from a black singer.

Elvis Presley had back up singers in his band called the sweet inspirations that were all black.

Elvis Presley gave to many black charities.


I personally think that you are going for the wrong cat to be on the $20 bill...When you think about it that $20 spot should belong to The King of Rock n Roll...

Makes just about as much sense to put someone as the face of US Currency as what you are saying.

How about picking someone who tried to abolish the slavery that the Scotch/Irish had to endure? Nah, that wouldn't fit your narrative....And you in a million years would never bring it up or even discuss that. Why? Because you are a full fledged racist, is why.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #21  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:38 AM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Harriet Tubman, or Elvis?

The Scotch/Irish? That reveals more than one intended I'm sure.

Harriet Tubman believed viewing human beings as chattel to be bought, sold, forced into labor was evil. Harriet Tubman believed women should have the right to vote, same as men. Harriet Tubman worked to get enslaved human beings to freedom. The United States will suffer no damage from her image appearing on the $20 bill. Harriet Tubman is the subject of this thread. Elvis was an entertainer who sprang from Mississippi. He is not the topic of this thread. Pathetic subterfuge for supremacism is sad.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page
  #22  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:54 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,429
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Motley View Post
Andrew Jackson is not a founding father. Founding fathers were the men who led us to independence in the Revolution and helped establish the US. Andrew Jackson at 9 years old did not declare independence nor at 20 years old helped write the constitution.

He did however help decimate the Native American population with his Indian Removal Act appealing to southerners scared of anyone or anything different like yourself. So it's easy to see why he's a hero to people like you.


You're wrong as always. Andrew Jackson is considered to be a founding father. Don't bother to give me your ideas of what qualified one to be a founder, it's a matter of record.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page
  #23  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:55 AM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,429
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post

"Folklore"

Did Harriet Tubman work in the Underground Railroad? Yes.

Was Harriet Tubman part of the suffragist movement? Yes

Was Harriet Tubman an abolitionist? Yes

The trouble with "sophisticated" white supremacism is the same as it was in the less polished days of white sheets and burned crosses: it's evil trying to pass itself off as godliness.


Did you come back on here as a retread, faking to be a black man? Yes

Do you have the first clue what you're talking about with regard to your glowing assessments of HT? Nope

Are you making a useless and pointless PC argument in the face of matters of existential import? Yes
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page
  #24  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post

Harriet Tubman, or Elvis?

The Scotch/Irish? That reveals more than one intended I'm sure.

Harriet Tubman believed viewing human beings as chattel to be bought, sold, forced into labor was evil. Harriet Tubman believed women should have the right to vote, same as men. Harriet Tubman worked to get enslaved human beings to freedom. The United States will suffer no damage from her image appearing on the $20 bill. Harriet Tubman is the subject of this thread. Elvis was an entertainer who sprang from Mississippi. He is not the topic of this thread. Pathetic subterfuge for supremacism is sad.
Yeah, the Scotch/Irish. It intends to reveal just exactly what it means just what it means to reveal...Bondage...I noticed you brush that to the side though. How about the Jew being the slave of the Egyptians? That better? All means the same except it doesn't fit into your racist narrative.

As previously stated, I am on topic....It is being used as a parallel example of the absurdity of what you are suggesting just to get someone's picture on a dollar bill....So just knock this new found stigma your into today...Just another one of the revolving repetitions that is similar to that of a scratched 45 of Hound Dog. Just the latest flavor of the day. You're problem is that just don't want to admit that I am right and spot on...If Elvis had been born black you would be all over it...You sir/ma'am/it are a full fledged racist to the core....You have an agenda, you have a narrative in this whole glob of gobbledygook you are rattling on about.

Just except the fact that no body gives a tiddly toot about Ole Miss Harriet being on a 20 spot.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #25  
Old 09-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing;2076335[B
]Did you come back on here as a retread, faking to be a black man? Yes

[/B]Do you have the first clue what you're talking about with regard to your glowing assessments of HT? Nope

Are you making a useless and pointless PC argument in the face of matters of existential import? Yes
You caught that too, huh? Sticks out like a sore thumb, doesn't it?...He is a fake and a fraud on all counts of everything he says.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #26  
Old 09-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Motley Motley is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 586
Likes: 33
Liked 112 Times in 92 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
You're wrong as always. Andrew Jackson is considered to be a founding father. Don't bother to give me your ideas of what qualified one to be a founder, it's a matter of record.
A matter of record? Who's record?

Founding fathers are men who organized against tyranny, fought the revolution, and wrote the founding documents of our country. Find me a "record" that calls Andrew Jackson a Founding Father since it's so easy to determine. Historians have always referred to the founding fathers as actual "founders" of the country. Not 9 year olds that had nothing to do with it.

Seriously, find me one credible source that refers to Andrew Jackson as a founding father, or any source that says founding fathers were guys who were Presidents in the 1830's. Go.
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page
  #27  
Old 09-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 6,004
Likes: 422
Liked 1,309 Times in 911 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Motley View Post
A matter of record? Who's record?

Founding fathers are men who organized against tyranny, fought the revolution, and wrote the founding documents of our country. Find me a "record" that calls Andrew Jackson a Founding Father since it's so easy to determine. Historians have always referred to the founding fathers as actual "founders" of the country. Not 9 year olds that had nothing to do with it.

Seriously, find me one credible source that refers to Andrew Jackson as a founding father, or any source that says founding fathers were guys who were Presidents in the 1830's. Go.
Hmm, but you'll ignore my question of who your own personal favorite "northern" Indian killer is.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page
  #28  
Old 09-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Motley Motley is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 586
Likes: 33
Liked 112 Times in 92 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
Hmm, but you'll ignore my question of who your own personal favorite "northern" Indian killer is.
I don't have a favorite. If I was forced to pick one that wiped out the Northern tribes, I'd have to go with chickenpox or measles. Maybe the British after the Treaty of Paris since they are the ones that ceded most land to the new Americans without their permission. Not sure. Tough decision.
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page
  #29  
Old 09-07-2017, 01:25 PM
The Urban Sombrero The Urban Sombrero is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,536
Likes: 2
Liked 1,059 Times in 1,036 Posts
The Urban Sombrero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
Yeah, the Scotch/Irish. It intends to reveal just exactly what it means just what it means to reveal...Bondage...I noticed you brush that to the side though. How about the Jew being the slave of the Egyptians? That better? All means the same except it doesn't fit into your racist narrative.

As previously stated, I am on topic....It is being used as a parallel example of the absurdity of what you are suggesting just to get someone's picture on a dollar bill....So just knock this new found stigma your into today...Just another one of the revolving repetitions that is similar to that of a scratched 45 of Hound Dog. Just the latest flavor of the day. You're problem is that just don't want to admit that I am right and spot on...If Elvis had been born black you would be all over it...You sir/ma'am/it are a full fledged racist to the core....You have an agenda, you have a narrative in this whole glob of gobbledygook you are rattling on about.

Just except the fact that no body gives a tiddly toot about Ole Miss Harriet being on a 20 spot.
Yet again, Harriet Tubman believed that human beings should not be enslaved, held as chattel, bought and sold as cattle.

Why is that controversial? Threatening? Once again, perhaps only an alt white-right southerner would analogize Elvis and Harriet Tubman. To further remain on topic, placing Harriet Tubman's face on a $20 bill will have little impact on America, and will buy the same amount of gas.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-07-2017)
Send a private message to The Urban Sombrero Add The Urban Sombrero to Your Contacts Top of page
  #30  
Old 09-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Granny Bear's Avatar
Granny Bear Granny Bear is offline
BGR Staff



Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: "In the deep dark hills....."
Posts: 15,632
Likes: 6,531
Liked 5,523 Times in 3,491 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by The Urban Sombrero View Post
Yet again, Harriet Tubman believed that human beings should not be enslaved, held as chattel, bought and sold as cattle.

Why is that controversial? Threatening? Once again, perhaps only an alt white-right southerner would analogize Elvis and Harriet Tubman. To further remain on topic, placing Harriet Tubman's face on a $20 bill will have little impact on America, and will buy the same amount of gas.

Casually mentioning Harriet Tubman throughout your post is not remaining on topic.

I am warning you guys, stay on topic or the thread is closed.

Continue the childish and ridiculous banter and the entire political thread could be in jeopardy.
__________________



MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page
Closed Thread

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.