Rate This Thread - James Comey In Real Trouble.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:04 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default James Comey In Real Trouble
According to US statute 18-USC-641, it is illegal to convert government property for private use. James Comey removed memos from the protected confines of the US Government which he then just handed over to a personal friend. Who then handed them over to the press. This is a major no-no, and Comey will be brought to justice.

Additionally, it would seem that the good former FBI Director actually committed perjury when asked under oath, if he made his decision to exonerate Hillary Clinton before or after the interview. He said "after the interview." Only problem is he drafted a letter exonerating her, even circulating it among certain FBI officials to get their take on it, fully two months BEFORE the interview.

Justice may yet come to call.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 09-16-2017, 04:30 PM
catdoggy catdoggy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hollerwood, KY
Posts: 174
Likes: 10
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
catdoggy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
According to US statute 18-USC-641, it is illegal to convert government property for private use. James Comey removed memos from the protected confines of the US Government which he then just handed over to a personal friend. Who then handed them over to the press. This is a major no-no, and Comey will be brought to justice.

Additionally, it would seem that the good former FBI Director actually committed perjury when asked under oath, if he made his decision to exonerate Hillary Clinton before or after the interview. He said "after the interview." Only problem is he drafted a letter exonerating her, even circulating it among certain FBI officials to get their take on it, fully two months BEFORE the interview.

Justice may yet come to call.
Justice will come. But in the form of Robert Mueller..
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-18-2017)
Send a private message to catdoggy Add catdoggy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-16-2017, 04:46 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by catdoggy View Post
Justice will come. But in the form of Robert Mueller..
Justice never comes at the end of a political witchhunt.

Meanwhile, RINO Trump apparently has no intention of seeing that justice catches up to Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Huma Abadin, and the rest of the Clinton crime syndicate. I never expected that Trump would allow his Attorney General to obtain indictments against the Clinton gangsters, but I had hoped that they would at least be able to charge IRS political hack Lois Lerner for the crimes that she committed.

Liberal Democrats should be ecstatic with Trump's performance so far. Sure, he has done a lot of good with his pen and phone in rolling back Obama's unconstitutional executive orders and illegal, abusive regulations, but the Clintons have skated free and he seems to be getting along better with Pelosi and Schumer than he is with his own party leaders or even his own Attorney General. I had hoped for more from Trump, but honestly, I expected even less.
Likes: (1)
Woodsman (09-18-2017)
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-16-2017, 06:49 PM
catdoggy catdoggy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hollerwood, KY
Posts: 174
Likes: 10
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
catdoggy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Justice never comes at the end of a political witchhunt.

Meanwhile, RINO Trump apparently has no intention of seeing that justice catches up to Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Huma Abadin, and the rest of the Clinton crime syndicate. I never expected that Trump would allow his Attorney General to obtain indictments against the Clinton gangsters, but I had hoped that they would at least be able to charge IRS political hack Lois Lerner for the crimes that she committed.

Liberal Democrats should be ecstatic with Trump's performance so far. Sure, he has done a lot of good with his pen and phone in rolling back Obama's unconstitutional executive orders and illegal, abusive regulations, but the Clintons have skated free and he seems to be getting along better with Pelosi and Schumer than he is with his own party leaders or even his own Attorney General. I had hoped for more from Trump, but honestly, I expected even less.
If he is a RINO what does that make 93% of the Rep. party who STRONGLY support him? Are they RINO's too? Seems like your party isn't yours. It's what Trump (the leader of Rep. party) says it is. The only difference between folks who think like you and "Bernie bros" is a few dollars and the length of khaki shorts. Get on board with your deer leader.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-18-2017)
Send a private message to catdoggy Add catdoggy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-16-2017, 07:02 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by catdoggy View Post
If he is a RINO what does that make 93% of the Rep. party who STRONGLY support him? Are they RINO's too? Seems like your party isn't yours. It's what Trump (the leader of Rep. party) says it is. The only difference between folks who think like you and "Bernie bros" is a few dollars and the length of khaki shorts. Get on board with your deer leader.
I believe that you made up that 93% number. It's not possible to have an honest debate when one side just makes up stuff as they go. I support Trump when he acts in accordance with my beliefs and I oppose him when I believe that he acts contrary to my principles.

I consider Trump a RINO because he essentially ran as an independent populist on the Republican ticket. As a patriotic American, that does not mean that I am going to criticize him when he acts in a manner that is in my country's best interest. That is what separates me from most liberals. Instead of praising Trump for taking actions that are generally considered supportive of the liberal agenda, liberals prefer demonizing Trump, regardless of what he does, and regardless of the impact that dividing American citizens has on our nation's security and economic interests.
Likes: (1)
Woodsman (09-18-2017)
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-16-2017, 07:14 PM
catdoggy catdoggy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hollerwood, KY
Posts: 174
Likes: 10
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
catdoggy is on a distinguished road
Default
https://www.newsmax.com/Politics/pol.../27/id/786759/

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...00-days-237660

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ters/22058570/

I made up 93% but 3 million illegal immigrants voted in California. Give me a break.

Trump IS where the party IS. You are the one who is out of step. You are the RINO not Trump. He IS what the Republican party is. I mean if you don't believe me ask Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio Rafeal Cruz etc. They lost the REPUBLICAN primary which last I check most voters are Republican.
Likes: (1)
Gitback Coach (09-18-2017)
Send a private message to catdoggy Add catdoggy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-16-2017, 07:17 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by catdoggy View Post
https://www.newsmax.com/Politics/pol.../27/id/786759/

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...00-days-237660

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ters/22058570/

I made up 93% but 3 million illegal immigrants voted in California. Give me a break.

Trump IS where the party IS. You are the one who is out of step. You are the RINO not Trump. He IS what the Republican party is. I mean if you don't believe me ask Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio Rafeal Cruz etc. They lost the REPUBLICAN primary which last I check most voters are Republican.
You made up a statistic. I have never claimed that 3 million illegal aliens voted in California. Thank you for proving my point. It takes two honest people to engage in an honest debate.
Likes: (1)
Woodsman (09-18-2017)
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-16-2017, 07:47 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Justice never comes at the end of a political witchhunt.

Meanwhile, RINO Trump apparently has no intention of seeing that justice catches up to Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Huma Abadin, and the rest of the Clinton crime syndicate. I never expected that Trump would allow his Attorney General to obtain indictments against the Clinton gangsters, but I had hoped that they would at least be able to charge IRS political hack Lois Lerner for the crimes that she committed.

Liberal Democrats should be ecstatic with Trump's performance so far. Sure, he has done a lot of good with his pen and phone in rolling back Obama's unconstitutional executive orders and illegal, abusive regulations, but the Clintons have skated free and he seems to be getting along better with Pelosi and Schumer than he is with his own party leaders or even his own Attorney General. I had hoped for more from Trump, but honestly, I expected even less.


He will never out-RINO Paul Ryan, John McCain or Mitch McConnell. The whole mess goes to support my down-the-drain analogy. Even after 8 years of nose bleed caliber object lessons of the very deficit neutral policy machinations and regulations you just mentioned, the bozos are STILL all-in for it. I mean, the conservatives are in some fair amount of jeopardy here. The Speaker and Majority Leader are no friends of this administration. If they'd done half as much to derail Obama and his Kenesian Express, maybe we wouldn't be up to our eyeballs in the morass that in our day, passes for government.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-16-2017, 07:55 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
He will never out-RINO Paul Ryan, John McCain or Mitch McConnell. The whole mess goes to support my down-the-drain analogy. Even after 8 years of nose bleed caliber object lessons of the very deficit neutral policy machinations and regulations you just mentioned, the bozos are STILL all-in for it. I mean, the conservatives are in some fair amount of jeopardy here. The Speaker and Majority Leader are no friends of this administration. If they'd done half as much to derail Obama and his Kenesian Express, maybe we wouldn't be up to our eyeballs in the morass that in our day, passes for government.
I detest Ryan, McCain, McConnell, and the rest of the phony conservatives in the Republican Party, but there is no excuse for a Republican President negotiating a deal that would advance the liberals' agenda with Pelosi and Schumer. Gridlock would be a much better outcome than another amnesty bill that would provide no funding for the construction of a secure wall on our southern border. Patching some stretches of fence is not what Trump promised voters who supported him. No wall - no deal.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-16-2017, 08:36 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
I detest Ryan, McCain, McConnell, and the rest of the phony conservatives in the Republican Party, but there is no excuse for a Republican President negotiating a deal that would advance the liberals' agenda with Pelosi and Schumer. Gridlock would be a much better outcome than another amnesty bill that would provide no funding for the construction of a secure wall on our southern border. Patching some stretches of fence is not what Trump promised voters who supported him. No wall - no deal.

Trump made an amnesty deal with Scum-mer and San Fran Nan?
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-16-2017, 08:44 PM
jetpilot jetpilot is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville, Ky
Posts: 5,685
Likes: 1,668
Liked 2,054 Times in 1,212 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Default
I'm starting to wonder if Trump wants a second term. If he doesn't win on amnesty he has zero shot of being re-elected. Way too many Dems have his ear right now, inside the White House as well as outside. But I'm finding it hard to like just about any Republican right now; the only thing most Republicans have going for them is they are a tad better than Democrats. But the margin is shrinking.
Likes: (2)
Bob Seger (09-16-2017), Granny Bear (09-17-2017)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Trump made an amnesty deal with Scum-mer and San Fran Nan?
My words, not their's. Trump described the deal that was discussed as a citizenship deal for "dreamers" after his staff denied that a deal was struck. One of the problems that Trump has is a failure to stay on message. Tweeting off the top of one's head while the staff is scrambling to provide damage control is no way to run an administration.

Trump called DACA "amnesty" during the campaign, and DACA has not changed.

People who supported Trump over his more conservative rivals because they believed that he would end DACA and build a border wall should be very upset. I never believed that Trump would be tough on illegal immigration, so I am not disappointed. At least he is an upgrade from Obama and less liberal than Hillary would have been.

Quote:
White House: Trump 'supports DACA program' despite previously calling it amnesty

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders clarified Friday that President Trump definitely supports the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, a day after the president issued a series of confusing statements about his hopes for so-called Dreamers.

"The president supports the DACA program," Sanders told reporters, later adding that Trump remains intent on working with bipartisan lawmakers toward "responsible immigration reform."

Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-17-2017, 01:06 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
I'm starting to wonder if Trump wants a second term. If he doesn't win on amnesty he has zero shot of being re-elected. Way too many Dems have his ear right now, inside the White House as well as outside. But I'm finding it hard to like just about any Republican right now; the only thing most Republicans have going for them is they are a tad better than Democrats. But the margin is shrinking.


It is that reality that gives me a sinking feeling JP. At this point all we can hope for beyond the coming of Christ, is a major house cleaning where RINOs are concerned. Frankly I am at this point resigned to accept that the decline may be irreversible.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-17-2017, 01:30 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
My words, not their's. Trump described the deal that was discussed as a citizenship deal for "dreamers" after his staff denied that a deal was struck. One of the problems that Trump has is a failure to stay on message. Tweeting off the top of one's head while the staff is scrambling to provide damage control is no way to run an administration.

Trump called DACA "amnesty" during the campaign, and DACA has not changed.

People who supported Trump over his more conservative rivals because they believed that he would end DACA and build a border wall should be very upset. I never believed that Trump would be tough on illegal immigration, so I am not disappointed. At least he is an upgrade from Obama and less liberal than Hillary would have been.


I am record on here regarding my view on immigration. I said the only likely approach to illegals is first to remove those who commit crimes. They will already be in the hands of law enforcement and if they're in here illegally it should be a no brainer. Second, every illegal should have to register with the authorities at risk of the same recourse as those in group one. Third, absolute border control enforcement. Fourth, voter IDs for all.

I never believed we could actually require all illegals to leave, but I could easily see it happening in another country, say Iran or Russia for example,
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-17-2017, 04:25 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
I am record on here regarding my view on immigration. I said the only likely approach to illegals is first to remove those who commit crimes. They will already be in the hands of law enforcement and if they're in here illegally it should be a no brainer. Second, every illegal should have to register with the authorities at risk of the same recourse as those in group one. Third, absolute border control enforcement. Fourth, voter IDs for all.

I never believed we could actually require all illegals to leave, but I could easily see it happening in another country, say Iran or Russia for example,
Did you ever believe that Trump would actually build a wall and make Mexico pay for it? Do you believe that now?

If I were Jeff Sessions, I would have already resigned. Trump's tough talk on illegal immigration was one of the two main issues that won Sessions' endorsement. The second was Trump's tough talk on trade and his threat to impose steep tariffs on China, among other trading partners. Trump got Sessions' endorsement when he needed it. Sessions has gotten very little of what he expected from Trump.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-17-2017, 04:46 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Did you ever believe that Trump would actually build a wall and make Mexico pay for it? Do you believe that now?


When it comes to fortune telling I only believe Scripture. Yes, I believe he intendes to build a wall. What I, you or anybody else outside of the tight circles RINOs run didn't know, was they would actually roll over on a Republican voting majority. I still prefer to let history unfold but you go ahead and call the pitches before they're thrown. I'm fine with that.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-17-2017, 05:23 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
When it comes to fortune telling I only believe Scripture. Yes, I believe he intendes to build a wall. What I, you or anybody else outside of the tight circles RINOs run didn't know, was they would actually roll over on a Republican voting majority. I still prefer to let history unfold but you go ahead and call the pitches before they're thrown. I'm fine with that.
As they say, those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Trump had a history of taking liberal positions and donating to liberal Democrats running for office. Now, he is breaking bread and discussing deals with Chuck and Nancy.

I don't regret voting for Trump. He was a bad candidate running against a much worse candidate. But if he continues to exclude GOP leaders in negotiations with liberals in Congress, he will be lucky to finish out one term, let alone two.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-17-2017, 07:33 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
As they say, those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Trump had a history of taking liberal positions and donating to liberal Democrats running for office. Now, he is breaking bread and discussing deals with Chuck and Nancy.

I don't regret voting for Trump. He was a bad candidate running against a much worse candidate. But if he continues to exclude GOP leaders in negotiations with liberals in Congress, he will be lucky to finish out one term, let alone two.


As far as any conservative commentator I have heard has said, the GOP leadership have played Trump and those who elected him for suckers.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
As far as any conservative commentator I have heard has said, the GOP leadership have played Trump and those who elected him for suckers.
I don't need anybody to tell me that Trump has reneged no his promise of making a border wall his top priority and backed away from his pledge to withdraw from the Paris climate treaty. The GOP leadership is a problem, but they had nothing to with Trump deciding to shuffle the priorities on those two key agenda items.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-18-2017, 12:25 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
I don't need anybody to tell me that Trump has reneged no his promise of making a border wall his top priority and backed away from his pledge to withdraw from the Paris climate treaty. The GOP leadership is a problem, but they had nothing to with Trump deciding to shuffle the priorities on those two key agenda items.


Yeah well, I've heard it two ways. We're legally bound till '20, or not at all on the withdrawal from the Paris Accords. I'm pretty sure you are no more informed to that end.

He's negotiating the wall with the turncoats of the Republican Party and taking a lot of incoming for it.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-18-2017, 07:14 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Yeah well, I've heard it two ways. We're legally bound till '20, or not at all on the withdrawal from the Paris Accords. I'm pretty sure you are no more informed to that end.

He's negotiating the wall with the turncoats of the Republican Party and taking a lot of incoming for it.
If you are going to speculate about what somebody besides yourself knows, then maybe you should gaze into that crystal ball of yours and figure out what President Trump knows.

The Paris climate accord is not a treaty. Obama attempted to commit the U.S. to its terms through an executive order. Trump was right when he announced that the U.S. was withdrawing from the agreement because Obama had no right to commit the U.S. to a treaty with a four-year withdrawal option that runs though the end of his successor's term. Trump was wrong to backpedal on the issue.

As for RINO turncoats, they were turncoats under Obama, they were turncoats when Trump decided to run for president, and they are still turncoats. Trump asked for the opportunity to "drain the swamp," so attempting to excuse Trump for playing footsy with Nancy and Chuck, or his failure to demand funding for a border wall on the basis of Republican betrayal really makes zero sense.

The best way to get the attention of McConnell, Ryan, and that rest of the swamp dwellers would be to threaten a government shutdown over funding for a border wall and then barnstorm the country to drum up support for the wall.
Likes: (1)
TheRealThing (09-18-2017)
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-18-2017, 08:26 PM
Woodsman Woodsman is online now
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 77
Likes: 6
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Woodsman is on a distinguished road
Default
Trump is a populist pure and simple. The vast majority of the Republican Party identif as rhinos or progressives. We only have a handful of actual libertarian/conservative leaders and the state of the country reflects that.
Send a private message to Woodsman Add Woodsman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-18-2017, 08:34 PM
Woodsman Woodsman is online now
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 77
Likes: 6
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Woodsman is on a distinguished road
Default
At some point the country needs to mature and realize that the communist left has devastated the American culture and society and we will benefit greatly when we send the offending culprits to jail.
Send a private message to Woodsman Add Woodsman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-18-2017, 09:31 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
If you are going to speculate about what somebody besides yourself knows, then maybe you should gaze into that crystal ball of yours and figure out what President Trump knows.

The Paris climate accord is not a treaty. Obama attempted to commit the U.S. to its terms through an executive order. Trump was right when he announced that the U.S. was withdrawing from the agreement because Obama had no right to commit the U.S. to a treaty with a four-year withdrawal option that runs though the end of his successor's term. Trump was wrong to backpedal on the issue.

As for RINO turncoats, they were turncoats under Obama, they were turncoats when Trump decided to run for president, and they are still turncoats. Trump asked for the opportunity to "drain the swamp," so attempting to excuse Trump for playing footsy with Nancy and Chuck, or his failure to demand funding for a border wall on the basis of Republican betrayal really makes zero sense.

The best way to get the attention of McConnell, Ryan, and that rest of the swamp dwellers would be to threaten a government shutdown over funding for a border wall and then barnstorm the country to drum up support for the wall.


Why is it that the most vulnerable just cannot resist a little swipe, MR Swami? Agreed, many Republicans are and were turncoats. I don't doubt he didn't have the right, the question in my mind is did he do it anyway? I hope you're right and we aren't bound. The NYT says we are, and what with me and Lou Dobbs being on vacation for so long, I missed over a month of the President's morning security briefings.

Agreed, playing footsie makes zero sense. When was it that he did that again? Cause I think he realizes the traitorous death grip this nation's citizenry finds itself, and is working out how best to play hardball. I see the daily revelations too, and I still haven't managed to get my arms around the level of hypocrisy and compromise. I know despite all, Billary still makes threats fearlessly, as if there is no way she'd ever face justice. The revelations will keep the public wide eyed for some time yet, if indications are to be believed.

The support for the wall from the people is there. But so is the 'resistance' ... and from both sides of the aisle. If all it takes to dethrone them is to shut government down, I say shut it down.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-18-2017, 09:34 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
Trump is a populist pure and simple. The vast majority of the Republican Party identif as rhinos or progressives. We only have a handful of actual libertarian/conservative leaders and the state of the country reflects that.


Hi Woodsman, I agree with the sentiment but not the ratios of progressives to conservatives. Welcome to the board and my advice? Hold on cause history is getting ready to get eye popping.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-18-2017, 10:11 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Why is it that the most vulnerable just cannot resist a little swipe, MR Swami? Agreed, many Republicans are and were turncoats. I don't doubt he didn't have the right, the question in my mind is did he do it anyway? I hope you're right and we aren't bound. The NYT says we are, and what with me and Lou Dobbs being on vacation for so long, I missed over a month of the President's morning security briefings.

Agreed, playing footsie makes zero sense. When was it that he did that again? Cause I think he realizes the traitorous death grip this nation's citizenry finds itself, and is working out how best to play hardball. I see the daily revelations too, and I still haven't managed to get my arms around the level of hypocrisy and compromise. I know despite all, Billary still makes threats fearlessly, as if there is no way she'd ever face justice. The revelations will keep the public wide eyed for some time yet, if indications are to be believed.

The support for the wall from the people is there. But so is the 'resistance' ... and from both sides of the aisle. If all it takes to dethrone them is to shut government down, I say shut it down.
Nobody hurls more insults here than you, do, TRT. It is one of the reasons that I have made my presence here rare.

Threatening and then following through on a government shutdown would probably result in an override of a Trump veto and it might well cost Trump his presidency. However, doing the right thing, as opposed to talking about doing the right thing, does not come without risk.

So far, Trump has been much better at promising than he has been at delivering. I love the position that he has taken on North Korea, but the time for talk is drawing to a close. Time will tell whether Trump is willing to back up his tough talk with tougher action, but he will have my full support when and if he decides to act.

If Trump's own supporters do not demand that he makes a good faith effort to keep his promises, then who will?
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-18-2017, 10:16 PM
Hoot Gibson Hoot Gibson is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,195
Likes: 722
Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Default
Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
Trump is a populist pure and simple. The vast majority of the Republican Party identif as rhinos or progressives. We only have a handful of actual libertarian/conservative leaders and the state of the country reflects that.
Unfortunately, you are right on all counts. Most Republicans campaign as conservatives in national elections and vote as RINOs after they win. Two to six years later, they repeat the cycle.
Likes: (1)
Woodsman (09-18-2017)
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-19-2017, 09:04 PM
TheRealThing's Avatar
TheRealThing TheRealThing is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,415
Likes: 674
Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default
Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
Nobody hurls more insults here than you, do, TRT. It is one of the reasons that I have made my presence here rare.

Threatening and then following through on a government shutdown would probably result in an override of a Trump veto and it might well cost Trump his presidency. However, doing the right thing, as opposed to talking about doing the right thing, does not come without risk.

So far, Trump has been much better at promising than he has been at delivering. I love the position that he has taken on North Korea, but the time for talk is drawing to a close. Time will tell whether Trump is willing to back up his tough talk with tougher action, but he will have my full support when and if he decides to act.

If Trump's own supporters do not demand that he makes a good faith effort to keep his promises, then who will?


Fine, go down the list and tell me how many of your campaign season clairvoyancies actually came to pass. Differences of opinion are not insults unless one chooses to take them as such. The establishment are still to this day, gnawing on the President like a pack of hyenas, and such behavior is about as un-American as I can imagine.

By all means, let's hold him to his promises.
__________________
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-20-2017, 02:23 AM
catdoggy catdoggy is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hollerwood, KY
Posts: 174
Likes: 10
Liked 18 Times in 18 Posts
catdoggy is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
Fine, go down the list and tell me how many of your campaign season clairvoyancies actually came to pass. Differences of opinion are not insults unless one chooses to take them as such. The establishment are still to this day, gnawing on the President like a pack of hyenas, and such behavior is about as un-American as I can imagine.

By all means, let's hold him to his promises.
Honestly? You don't think colluding with an adversary is as un-american as the "establishment" disagreeing with the president?
Send a private message to catdoggy Add catdoggy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Bob Seger Bob Seger is offline
Hall of Fame

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Posts: 5,996
Likes: 422
Liked 1,308 Times in 910 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by catdoggy View Post
Honestly? You don't think colluding with an adversary is as un-american as the "establishment" disagreeing with the president?
Are you saying that Trump colluded with the democratic party? I cant think of anything more un-American than that terrorist organization.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.