Rate This Thread - Bobby "The Brain" Heenan Has Died.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 980 Times in 655 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default Bobby "The Brain" Heenan Has Died
Fellow WWE commentator Jim Ross tweeted out the news first Sunday, saying "The news of Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan's passing today gutted me. I loved our time together. No one ever did it better than the Wease."

Ric Flair also tweeted out his condolences, noting that Heenan was one of the greatest managers, announcers and performers in the wrestling game.
Bobby Heenan... The Greatest Manager, One Of The Greatest Announcers, And One Of The Best In-Ring Performers In The History Of The Business

— Ric FlairŪ (@RicFlairNatrBoy) September 17, 2017
Bobby came up as a pro wrestler and manager through the '60s and '70s in the World Wrestling Association, American Wrestling Association and later the World Wrestling Federation. He managed stars like Angelo Poffo, Guy Mitchell, the Valiant Brothers, Nick Bockwinkel, Jesse Ventura and Andre the Giant.
He went on to become a well-known wrestling commentator through the '80s, '90s and 2000s. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2004.

Bobby had battled throat cancer for more than a decade after announcing his diagnosis in 2002. Talent agent Gilbert Boyes tells TMZ that Bobby's wife told him recently Bobby would not be able to make public appearances any longer.
He was 73.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/17/bobby-...an-dead-at-72/
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:23 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 651 Times in 526 Posts
Mr. Pike Central will become famous soon enoughMr. Pike Central will become famous soon enough
Oh man. This one stings.

Bobby will go down in the history books as one of the greatest managers, color commentators and just overall greatest personalities in the wrestling business.

God Bless The Brain.
Send a private message to Mr. Pike Central Add Mr. Pike Central to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:47 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Liked 1,918 Times in 1,316 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
Bobby Heenan's commentary during the 1992 Royal Rumble is a work of Art. I've watched A LOT of pro wrestling in my life, this is by far the funniest and most entertaining commentary for an event.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Heenan.

2016 Class 4A State Champions!!!!!
JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!
Westside (09-18-2017)
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:36 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 980 Times in 655 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
He was a great commentator. I don't know how much of his comments were fed to him through an ear piece, but he was hilarious.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:55 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
Bobby Heenan is the best Heel manager in history.

Paul Heyman
Jimmy Hart
Sister Sherri
Paul Bearer
Brother Love

All of these I'm using their time as Heel's only. They are good, but Heenan was the best.

His run with Andre from WM3 thru WM6 and Flair in '91/'92 might be some of the best managerial work the business has ever seen.

Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:09 PM
"Based on a True Story"

1991 Survivor Series (Ric Flair's WWF debut PPV)
1992 Royal Rumble
WrestleMania VIII

^^^^^^^^^^^^
These are the best of Bobby Heenan's PPV commentary. Trust me, I've seen just about every PPV on the Network. These are his best and they all run together with the storylines. His WCW work is good, but a great step back from his WWF days.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Professional Sports » Professional Wrestling