Rate This Thread - Fleming County 35 Russell 30.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 176 Times in 143 Posts
GOREDDEVILS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fleming County 35 Russell 30
final

Russell was up 30-28 and Fleming County returns a punt 75 yards to make it 35-30 with 28 seconds left in the 4th
Send a private message to GOREDDEVILS Add GOREDDEVILS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 37 Times in 25 Posts
THINBLUELINE411 is on a distinguished road
Wow!!! Fleming county done kicked over the Jugg full of Kool Aid... nothing left to drink up on the hill except toilet water...
Wienerschnitzel (09-30-2017)
Send a private message to THINBLUELINE411 Add THINBLUELINE411 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:27 PM
Cheerleader
Russell has truly sunk to an all time low.... two losses in three years to Fleming on HC... Anyone got coach McGlones phone number??
Send a private message to THINBLUELINE411 Add THINBLUELINE411 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Cheerleader
Kudos to Fleming to BTW. Fleming was victim of some very questionable officiating but they never gave up... The refs are probably still wondering how Fleming managed to win?
Old 09-29-2017, 10:40 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
david5164 is on a distinguished road
Has nothing to do to get Coach McGlone's Phone number. We hear this each Friday night even when they win or lose. With 28 seconds to go just make sure you punt the ball out of bounds. Even if you punt it out of bounds at the 25 or 30 yard line. Let the offense beat you that way with 28 seconds to go! Russell led by 2 scores most of the night. Just punt the football out of bounds. You do not want to give the option to the team to set up a run back on a punt with 30 seconds to go in the game and your leading. Russell lost the last time to Fleming County at home with stupid plays and a fumble inside the 5 to let Fleming take the lead. Should never lose this game!
Send a private message to david5164 Add david5164 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:44 PM
Cheerleader
On a more positive note Russell is at least using tight ends now finally after four years. Duvall has excellent speed showed signs of possibly developing into a playmaker. Why did they not get Chaz whit more involved?? They never tried to throw up it up to him in 1 vs 1 situations?
Old 09-29-2017, 10:45 PM
Cheerleader
Telling the kid to punt it out of bounds is COACHING!!! You hear it every Friday cause I speak the truth!
Old 09-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Cheerleader
Whenever I am proved a liar I'll be happy to eat my Crowe and say I was wrong but until then get used to it... Your right Russell never should lose this game so to me COACHING has to start to take some accountability
Old 09-29-2017, 11:11 PM
Starter
Liked 54 Times in 44 Posts
F.N.L. is on a distinguished road
Nice win for Fleming!
Send a private message to F.N.L. Add F.N.L. to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:30 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Tonight's loss was terrible and winning 30-28 with seconds to go just punt the ball out of bounds. There were no timeouts left and the game would have been over and this would have been a huge win for Russell after losing 2 senior players and another player two weeks ago. WE have lost 5 players that played both ways and 3 or 4 of those players were outstanding on both offense and defense. We have lost couple running backs and lost WR's and first part of the year Church was down with the Shoulder Injury and didn't play any during summer and in the scrimmages before season started. We will still go 4-1 in our division and either going 6-4 or 5-5. Most thought Fleming would win tonight with the amount of injuries Russell has faced. This does tell us how deep was Russell was this year and playing freshman will help next year. This would been huge after beating West Carter on the road like we did and leading by 2 scores most of the game. Just punt that ball out of bounds and you have 28 seconds to hold from there 25 or 30 yard line and your 3rd straight win after all the injuries we have faced this year on both sides of the ball.
Send a private message to david5164 Add david5164 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:30 PM
Head Coach
Liked 424 Times in 342 Posts
99PIRATEFAN is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a new team getting it done
Send a private message to 99PIRATEFAN Add 99PIRATEFAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 388 Times in 284 Posts
RAM-A-DEVIL is on a distinguished road
We went to the state semis with the same coach. Could it be the Devils just aren't very good? Amazes me bashing the coach for every loss or mistake. Check the Raceland Somerset thread we got the same thing going on. I guess the old saying is true. Kids win games and coaches lose them.
Send a private message to RAM-A-DEVIL Add RAM-A-DEVIL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by david5164 View Post
Tonight's loss was terrible and winning 30-28 with seconds to go just punt the ball out of bounds. There were no timeouts left and the game would have been over and this would have been a huge win for Russell after losing 2 senior players and another player two weeks ago. WE have lost 5 players that played both ways and 3 or 4 of those players were outstanding on both offense and defense. We have lost couple running backs and lost WR's and first part of the year Church was down with the Shoulder Injury and didn't play any during summer and in the scrimmages before season started. We will still go 4-1 in our division and either going 6-4 or 5-5. Most thought Fleming would win tonight with the amount of injuries Russell has faced. This does tell us how deep was Russell was this year and playing freshman will help next year. This would been huge after beating West Carter on the road like we did and leading by 2 scores most of the game. Just punt that ball out of bounds and you have 28 seconds to hold from there 25 or 30 yard line and your 3rd straight win after all the injuries we have faced this year on both sides of the ball.
According to the adi article, TJ Maynard says Austin Church is fighting through a sprained acromioclavicular (AC) joint in his throwing shoulder and a torn meniscus. You can tell he isn't 100%.
Send a private message to GOREDDEVILS Add GOREDDEVILS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:08 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RAM-A-DEVIL View Post
We went to the state semis with the same coach. Could it be the Devils just aren't very good? Amazes me bashing the coach for every loss or mistake. Check the Raceland Somerset thread we got the same thing going on. I guess the old saying is true. Kids win games and coaches lose them.
You're right Russell just isn't very good this season with all the injuries but we will be better next year with some freshmen getting varsity experience. I wish both teams Russell and Fleming were at full strength. The Rams will likely hammer the Devils this season and Russell should finish the regular season 5-5. Russell also went to the semis with TJ but unfortunately Ran into a loaded Belfry team.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:29 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 35 Times in 24 Posts
FootballGuy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by THINBLUELINE411 View Post
Whenever I am proved a liar I'll be happy to eat my Crowe and say I was wrong but until then get used to it... Your right Russell never should lose this game so to me COACHING has to start to take some accountability
There is nothing wrong with the coaching. Given what has happened with multiple injuries and such a young team what can you expect? Those that are saying they donít like TJís coaching Iím sure weíre praising him when Russell was in the semis. Sometimes you get a team thatís just not that good and this is one of them.
Send a private message to FootballGuy Add FootballGuy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Scout Team
Liked 80 Times in 60 Posts
mightydog is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by THINBLUELINE411 View Post
And of coarse McGlone never lost a game on any kind of coaching mistakes. Get over it. Youre bromance with McGlone is tireing. I bet you have your room in your parents basement wallpapered with old newspaper articles about him, a bobble head doll on your nightstand beside your milk and cookies,a picture under your pillow, a ton of memories and a huge jar of hand cream.
Send a private message to mightydog Add mightydog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:29 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,436 Times in 1,729 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Fleming County
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Cheerleader
All I hear from the kool aid drinkers are excuses. 10-15 years ago those Russell teams easily run over any team on Russell's schedule this year.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:56 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reddevil07 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mightydog View Post
And of coarse McGlone never lost a game on any kind of coaching mistakes. Get over it. Youre bromance with McGlone is tireing. I bet you have your room in your parents basement wallpapered with old newspaper articles about him, a bobble head doll on your nightstand beside your milk and cookies,a picture under your pillow, a ton of memories and a huge jar of hand cream.
Big talk from someone who canít even spell or use proper grammer. Before you try to trash someone else, at least be smart enough to use correct spelling.
Send a private message to Reddevil07 Add Reddevil07 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:03 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FootballGuy View Post
There is nothing wrong with the coaching. Given what has happened with multiple injuries and such a young team what can you expect? Those that are saying they donít like TJís coaching Iím sure weíre praising him when Russell was in the semis. Sometimes you get a team thatís just not that good and this is one of them.
Thereís a reason he has bounced around to different programs. He canít win big games. Heís an over paid and over hyped waste of a coaching position. Best thing Russell could have ever done is gone far away from this area and hire someone who has never heard of Russell. When your defensive backs are giving the offense a 20 hard cushion, youíll be eaten alive by crossing routes and thatís exactly what happened. Defense is slow and doesnít wrap up. Itís not all coaching, but itís not all the players either. Both coach and players are to blame for the embarrassment that has been this season so far. Itís time for TJ to go.
THINBLUELINE411 (09-30-2017)
Send a private message to Reddevil07 Add Reddevil07 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:29 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 561 Times in 396 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Reddevil07 View Post
Big talk from someone who canít even spell or use proper grammer. Before you try to trash someone else, at least be smart enough to use correct spelling.
It's grammar.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:51 PM
Statistician
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
Wildcat1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jarons View Post
It's grammar.
Bwahahahaha!!!!!
Send a private message to Wildcat1 Add Wildcat1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:38 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarons View Post
It's grammar.
Touchť sir. You got me.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:48 PM
Cheerleader
Kudos to Reddevil07 someone else finally sees the truth! Be careful kool aid drinkers my numbers have doubled!
Reddevil07 (09-30-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 07:28 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 35 Times in 24 Posts
FootballGuy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Reddevil07 View Post
Thereís a reason he has bounced around to different programs. He canít win big games. Heís an over paid and over hyped waste of a coaching position. Best thing Russell could have ever done is gone far away from this area and hire someone who has never heard of Russell. When your defensive backs are giving the offense a 20 hard cushion, youíll be eaten alive by crossing routes and thatís exactly what happened. Defense is slow and doesnít wrap up. Itís not all coaching, but itís not all the players either. Both coach and players are to blame for the embarrassment that has been this season so far. Itís time for TJ to go.
Lol he ďcanít win big gamesĒ what a pitiful excuse. Guy took Raceland to State Semis after beating an undefeated Fairview team for the district, and a pikeville team whose only loss was to Belfrey. Then goes to Russell and takes them to the semis and then come this year the talent falls off and youíre calling for his head. You probably couldnít even coach a dog to **** outside.
Slic Ric (10-01-2017)
Send a private message to FootballGuy Add FootballGuy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Water Boy
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
We Hang 8 is on a distinguished road
Russellís coaching is terrible.. in every way.. I know if you donít have the jimmy and joes you canít win but.. some of these play calls are plain stupid.. a lot of Russell players are scared to get hit.. cowards..
Send a private message to We Hang 8 Add We Hang 8 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:16 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I believe Coach Maynard will do just fine at Russell. I understand the frustration on here from what 2 users that want to bash the coaching week to week even when we WIN you will the Bashing from ThinBlueLine and now Reddevil07 to back him up. He has done an outstanding job at Russell since taking over in 2014. In his 3 years he is 30-9 and yes beaten by Belfry which has won 3 straight State Championship 2014-2016 with outstanding talent that many players have played on Division 1 teams in NCAA. I know the 2 users on here has the problem on how Coach McGlone was handled by the Admin at Russell. I was a huge Coach McGlone fan and was there in 78 and 2005 in both Championships for Russell under Coach McGlone. I still believe that he was nearing retirement at 75 in 2013 and Russell did want him to stay in 2014 for another year. Either way Coach Maynard was going to be the next Head Coach at Russell and don't really understand the 1 user that says he has moved all over in coaching. I just remember Coach Maynard at Raceland from 2010-2013 and was 33-15 at Raceland. So, at Raceland and Russell in his 7 years he is 60-24 and that is pretty good at 2 schools that are looked at as Football schools. The big problem is that for Russell, Ashland, and Raceland playing in 1A, 3A, and 4A is that we go up against each year Belfry in 3A, Johnson Central in 4A, and Paintsville in 1A and in the last 4-5 years these teams have been unbeatable has been in the Championship Games over 10 times and has won 6 or 7 State Championships. These 3 teams have dominated Ashland, Russell, and Raceland over last 5-6 years. I still believe like Friday night vs. Fleming County when you have 4-5 outstanding players out for season with Injuries they played on both sides of the ball. When you lose players like Ryan Stump, Nathan Brinkman, Jaeden Layne, Anderson, and Ewing it is hard to overcome in a season. When you lose 1 or 2 and they can come back that is one thing but for 3 or 4 of these players they are done for the season. Just losing Ryan Stump was a huge loss being a huge offensive player at WR and making huge plays with Church and defensive player at Linebacker was a huge loss and then both Brinkman and Layne was huge. QB Church still fighting through a Shoulder injury and didn't practice most of the summer and didn't play in any scrimmage before regular season. That is hurting Russell fighting through that shoulder injury when your one of the best QB in the area. Coach Maynard has said he lost his 3 top CB's this year and that showed when Fleming County threw for over 300 yards Friday night. The only good to come out of this is getting the Freshman to play more at RB, WR, and on the defensive side of the ball that will help for next 2 or 3 years. We still can end up at 6-4 and see where we go from that for the remainder of the season. To lose though vs. Fleming County with 5 or 6 players down with injuries and your QB playing through a bad shoulder is a huge accomplishment when you were leading most of the game by 2 scores and if you just Punt the ball out of bounds with 28 seconds to go down on Fleming County's 20-25 yards line the game would have been over and huge win for the home team. The next 3 games should tune-up Russell for big last home game vs. Raceland and heading to the Playoffs. The Freshman and Sophmores still have 4 games to continue to get better and getting more playing time will help when heading to the Playoffs.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football