Rate This Thread - [University-6] fires their AD.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:10 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Liked 1,911 Times in 1,309 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
Default [University-6] fires their AD
MULTIPLE REPORTS out of Louisville are reporting that [University-6] has fired their Athletic Director.

I'll post an official link as soon as one comes out.

2016 Class 4A State Champions!!!!!
JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 980 Times in 655 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
The title of this thread is classic.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:23 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
http://www.wdrb.com/story/36464932/a...-of-Louisville

Adidas hired Tom Jurich's daughter months before $160 million deal with [University-6].

Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:24 PM
"Based on a True Story"

The AD of [University-6] has been placed on Administrative leave.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:07 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,510 Times in 3,482 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Pitino and Jurich on leave of absence.

UNPAID!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Westside (09-27-2017)
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:32 PM

Liked 795 Times in 623 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Is there any team in the country dumb enough to hire a man like Pitino after all this? Or does he retire now?
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:35 PM
BGR Staff

Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Careful who you call dumb. Apparently Pitino has certain "language" in his contract that dictates how/when he can be fired.

Wish charlie22 or Harry Rex Vonner were here to explain this to me

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 980 Times in 655 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spud6 View Post
Is there any team in the country dumb enough to hire a man like Pitino after all this? Or does he retire now?
Yes, I think there are schools dumb enough to hire him. Louisville hired Petrino after all the low life stuff he pulled. I understand what Pitino did was more significant, but my point being Pitino is a really good coach and college sports is big business. Some schools will do anything to win. I hate to say it but I like Pitino. I may like him more than Cal.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:27 PM
BGR Staff

I'm trying to find the language used in his contract but no luck!!!

However, apparently he has a phrase in there that prohibits his firing for any reason without cause (whatever THAT means) for ten days. And during that ten days, he is allowed to refute evidence and offer evidence on his behalf, of any charges made.

Now "without cause" is interesting. That might mean that the admins can't get mad and haul off and fire him for losing games, or other school business but anything grossly negligent (like hiring a prostitute) or outside forces under investigation (like the FBI) might just negate that little part of the contract.

I sat right behind his bench one time at a ballgame. He is the most verbally abusive man I ever heard toward his players. I was disappointed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 09-27-2017, 05:50 PM
MOD

Liked 7,780 Times in 5,370 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Pitino could still have a job at any decent power 5 school or good mid major schools like butler, Villanova, etc. So long as he wants to coach. I'm not sure he will still want to coach though. I think he retires as a lville man
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:50 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,424 Times in 1,719 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Pitino will never coach another game
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:19 PM
"Based on a True Story"

UofL's athletic association board met today along with every current head coach from every sport they have........ except Bobby Petrino.

From what is being reported, this was a meeting to keep Tommy Turtleneck as their AD.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » College Sports » Basketball