Rate This Thread - Next Year in the 15th Region.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-2007, 05:45 PM
eaglehoops eaglehoops is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Eagleville
Posts: 663
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
eaglehoops is on a distinguished road
Default Next Year in the 15th Region
With this years 15th region action wrapping up lets look ahead to next year. Who loses the most from graduation? Who has the most coming back. Here is what I know about the 57th district.

Magoffin County will be hit very hard by graduation. The trio of seniors will be sorely missed early on but I look for the team to be competitive come March. Ashley Hall will be the go to scorer next season and defense will be the key for them to win.

Sheldon Clark loses a ton of scoring and it will most likely be a rebuilding year in Inez. I look for Carla Booth to come into her own next season and IMO they will go as far as she carries them.

Lawrence County loses its nucleus but may suprise some teams come March. IMO though they will really have trouble winning 10 games next season.

Paintsville loses super senior Kendra Carroll and role player Logan Vanhoose. They will more than likely have to find someone to replace KC's scoring but can they find anyone who plays defense the way she did? IMO they will battle hard all season long and suprise many teams in the region.

Johnson Central loses Brianna Ritz but will gain Celena Conley and get BB Salyers back from injury. This team will go as far as they want as long as they play together. Gettin Conley back will def. help their scoring and IMO they could be one of the top 3 teams in the region and the early favorite to win the 57th.

Now, everyone else elaborate and post what you know about the 57th, 58th, 59th, and 60th districts as we look ahead to another great season in 2008.
Send a private message to eaglehoops Add eaglehoops to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
15thRegionSlamaBamma's Avatar
15thRegionSlamaBamma 15thRegionSlamaBamma is offline
Essential Element
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville
Posts: 6,854
Likes: 0
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough
Default
i would have to say PC has the most coming back despite the loss of ratliff, belfry losses alot, Valley losses Fleming which is a huge loss but they will still be strong...
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page
  #3  
Old 03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
whos your momma whos your momma is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 362
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
whos your momma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Who did Belfry and SV lose? I know that PC loses Haley and MC loses their big 3 but just wondering about the other 2 teams that made it to the semi's this year. I also thought someone posted somewhere that P-burg had some talent returning.
Send a private message to whos your momma Add whos your momma to Your Contacts Top of page
  #4  
Old 03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
NEXT's Avatar
NEXT NEXT is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: "You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."
Posts: 1,355
Likes: 3
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
NEXT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Belfry loses Moon, Robinette, and maybe one more but have some good talent coming from the middle school.
Send a private message to NEXT Add NEXT to Your Contacts Top of page
  #5  
Old 03-11-2007, 06:43 PM
15thRegionSlamaBamma's Avatar
15thRegionSlamaBamma 15thRegionSlamaBamma is offline
Essential Element
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville
Posts: 6,854
Likes: 0
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough
Default
Next do they lose Deskins??
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page
  #6  
Old 03-11-2007, 06:50 PM
15regiongurlsbball's Avatar
15regiongurlsbball 15regiongurlsbball is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: pike county kentucky
Posts: 375
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
15regiongurlsbball is on a distinguished road
Default
shes a junior NOW!
Send a private message to 15regiongurlsbball Add 15regiongurlsbball to Your Contacts Top of page
  #7  
Old 03-11-2007, 06:56 PM
15thRegionSlamaBamma's Avatar
15thRegionSlamaBamma 15thRegionSlamaBamma is offline
Essential Element
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville
Posts: 6,854
Likes: 0
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough
Default
ahhhh ic ic she is a dandy...
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page
  #8  
Old 03-11-2007, 07:11 PM
ComeFlyWithMe's Avatar
ComeFlyWithMe ComeFlyWithMe is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 1,712
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ComeFlyWithMe is on a distinguished road
Default
Shelby Valley only loses Esther, but that is a MAJOR loss, but the lady cats will be ready to roll next year.
Send a private message to ComeFlyWithMe Add ComeFlyWithMe to Your Contacts Top of page
  #9  
Old 03-11-2007, 07:11 PM
NEXT's Avatar
NEXT NEXT is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: "You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."
Posts: 1,355
Likes: 3
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
NEXT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Originally Posted by 15thRegionSlamaBamma View Post
ahhhh ic ic she is a dandy...
Yeah she is a JR.

Pruitt, Staten, and Thacker will be the key to the team next year though.
Send a private message to NEXT Add NEXT to Your Contacts Top of page
  #10  
Old 03-11-2007, 08:43 PM
roundball gal roundball gal is offline
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
roundball gal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
All I know is that you've got another good senior class with Lowe at PC, Roberts at Valley, Deskins at Belfry, and I'm not sure if Hall at Magoffin will be a senior or not. The future looks bright...
Send a private message to roundball gal Add roundball gal to Your Contacts Top of page
  #11  
Old 03-11-2007, 09:33 PM
All_Sport#1's Avatar
All_Sport#1 All_Sport#1 is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MAGOFFIN the best
Posts: 748
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All_Sport#1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default
Originally Posted by roundball gal View Post
All I know is that you've got another good senior class with Lowe at PC, Roberts at Valley, Deskins at Belfry, and I'm not sure if Hall at Magoffin will be a senior or not. The future looks bright...
Hall from MC will be a junioe next season...
Send a private message to All_Sport#1 Add All_Sport#1 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #12  
Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Tricky's Avatar
Tricky Tricky is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 455
Likes: 4
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Tricky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by All_Sport#1 View Post
Hall from MC will be a junioe next season...
Belfry, seems like Shae has been there for ever. LOL She has been a good one. Her and Pruitt back Belfry will be alright.

Magoffin, will be alright, returning three girls who have started throughout the year, Adams, A. Hall, Powers. Minix, Prater and K. Hall also seen some good minutes during the Year. B. Marshall, was sidlined most of the year with an injury and if healthy, will make MC stronger on the inside, with Adams and Prater both over 6' tall.

Betsy Lane, Very young team who made the regions, they have a very good coach, they should make some noise in the region.

Pike Central, At or near the top of the region, losing Ratliff, returning four starters.

Johnson Central, with Conley, a top team, would have been this year with her had she played. With out her, they still will be a good team.

Shelby Valley, loses Flemming, They will be alright with Perkins and Roberts, who play very hard.

I pick Johnson Central (if Conley plays) and Pike Central to be the top two teams. in the Region.
Send a private message to Tricky Add Tricky to Your Contacts Top of page
  #13  
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Hawksfan Hawksfan is offline
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pikeville
Posts: 90
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hawksfan is on a distinguished road
Default
One girl that Belfry loses that no one has mentioned is the Trout girl. I think she will be the biggest loss to Belfry, just because of her intensity and speed. She was almost always the shortest players on the floor but she more than made up for it in Heart! SV also has Kayla Cantrell returning, she was only a freshman this year and in my opinion was the second best pure shooter in the region this year right behind Brittany Manns from MC. In my opinion, PC, Belfry, JC, and SV will be the best teams in the region next year. All four teams lose some great players, but also return very talented core groups of players! I think these last two years have just been the beginning of great things to come for the 15th region!
Send a private message to Hawksfan Add Hawksfan to Your Contacts Top of page
  #14  
Old 03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
magic man's Avatar
magic man magic man is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Secret
Posts: 291
Likes: 0
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
magic man is on a distinguished road
Default
i see magoffin co. still being very competitive next yr.. but will b better when this yrs group of shopmores..are seniors..
Send a private message to magic man Add magic man to Your Contacts Top of page
  #15  
Old 03-13-2007, 06:11 PM
cards_athlete's Avatar
cards_athlete cards_athlete is offline
Starter
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mountains of Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 1,444
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cards_athlete is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by eaglehoops View Post
With this years 15th region action wrapping up lets look ahead to next year. Who loses the most from graduation? Who has the most coming back. Here is what I know about the 57th district.

Magoffin County will be hit very hard by graduation. The trio of seniors will be sorely missed early on but I look for the team to be competitive come March. Ashley Hall will be the go to scorer next season and defense will be the key for them to win.

Sheldon Clark loses a ton of scoring and it will most likely be a rebuilding year in Inez. I look for Carla Booth to come into her own next season and IMO they will go as far as she carries them.

Lawrence County loses its nucleus but may suprise some teams come March. IMO though they will really have trouble winning 10 games next season.

Paintsville loses super senior Kendra Carroll and role player Logan Vanhoose. They will more than likely have to find someone to replace KC's scoring but can they find anyone who plays defense the way she did? IMO they will battle hard all season long and suprise many teams in the region.

Johnson Central loses Brianna Ritz but will gain Celena Conley and get BB Salyers back from injury. This team will go as far as they want as long as they play together. Gettin Conley back will def. help their scoring and IMO they could be one of the top 3 teams in the region and the early favorite to win the 57th.

Now, everyone else elaborate and post what you know about the 57th, 58th, 59th, and 60th districts as we look ahead to another great season in 2008.

Yea cause Booth is the only one on the team right, the only starter returning

NOT
Send a private message to cards_athlete Add cards_athlete to Your Contacts Top of page
  #16  
Old 03-14-2007, 09:11 AM
GoCats10 GoCats10 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 128
Likes: 2
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
GoCats10 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up
Originally Posted by 15thRegionSlamaBamma View Post
i would have to say PC has the most coming back despite the loss of ratliff, belfry losses alot, Valley losses Fleming which is a huge loss but they will still be strong...
Looks good
Send a private message to GoCats10 Add GoCats10 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #17  
Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
GoCats10 GoCats10 is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 128
Likes: 2
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
GoCats10 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up
Originally Posted by 15thRegionSlamaBamma View Post
i would have to say PC has the most coming back despite the loss of ratliff, belfry losses alot, Valley losses Fleming which is a huge loss but they will still be strong...
Looks good
Send a private message to GoCats10 Add GoCats10 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #18  
Old 03-14-2007, 12:19 PM
The Private's Avatar
The Private The Private is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 655
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The Private is on a distinguished road
Default
1 pike central
2 johnson central
3 belfry
4 betsy layne
5 magoffin co
6 sv
7 east ridge
8 south floyd
Send a private message to The Private Add The Private to Your Contacts Top of page
  #19  
Old 03-14-2007, 03:28 PM
cards_athlete's Avatar
cards_athlete cards_athlete is offline
Starter
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mountains of Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 1,444
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cards_athlete is on a distinguished road
Default
1 Johnson Central
2 Belfry
3 Pike Central
4 Shelby Valley
5 Paintsville
6 Sheldon Clark
7 Magoffin Co
8 Lawrence Co
9 East Ridge
10 Betsy Layne
Send a private message to cards_athlete Add cards_athlete to Your Contacts Top of page
  #20  
Old 03-14-2007, 05:36 PM
magic man's Avatar
magic man magic man is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Secret
Posts: 291
Likes: 0
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
magic man is on a distinguished road
Default
1-Pike Central
2-Shelby Valley
3-Belfry
4-Magoffin Co
5-Johnson Central
Send a private message to magic man Add magic man to Your Contacts Top of page
  #21  
Old 03-15-2007, 06:42 AM
SV40 SV40 is offline
Water Boy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SV40 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by magic man View Post
1-Pike Central
2-Shelby Valley
3-Belfry
4-Magoffin Co
5-Johnson Central
This one looks about right to me- it will be a close race between valley & PCC thou! -
considering how PCC still has Lowe & Valley has Roberts, Perkins, & Cantrell
it will be a really good game thats for sure!
Send a private message to SV40 Add SV40 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #22  
Old 03-15-2007, 01:47 PM
mcfan1's Avatar
mcfan1 mcfan1 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Salyersville
Posts: 1,304
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mcfan1 is on a distinguished road
Default
1. Johnson Central- Talented Juniors next year, could be the best, but who knows?
2. Pike Central- Could easlily be 1, like their inside play of Slone, and Lowe, also Harris and Ratliff will be dangerous from the outside.
3. Belfry- Also could be 1, Deskins, Pruitt, and Thacker returning.
4. Magoffin Co.- The Lady Hornets will be affected by graduation, but they will suprise alot of people, remember the name Breanna Adams next year, by seasons end they will be dangerous.
5. Betsy Lane- Young team, this could be the year they get back on top.
Send a private message to mcfan1 Add mcfan1 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #23  
Old 03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
NYY10's Avatar
NYY10 NYY10 is offline
G.O.-.D.U.K.E


Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: the Vallley
Posts: 6,903
Likes: 10
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
NYY10 will become famous soon enoughNYY10 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to NYY10
Default
Originally Posted by mcfan1 View Post
1. Johnson Central- Talented Juniors next year, could be the best, but who knows?
2. Pike Central- Could easlily be 1, like their inside play of Slone, and Lowe, also Harris and Ratliff will be dangerous from the outside.
3. Belfry- Also could be 1, Deskins, Pruitt, and Thacker returning.
4. Magoffin Co.- The Lady Hornets will be affected by graduation, but they will suprise alot of people, remember the name Breanna Adams next year, by seasons end they will be dangerous.
5. Betsy Lane- Young team, this could be the year they get back on top.

What about Shelby Valley
Send a private message to NYY10 Add NYY10 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #24  
Old 03-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Tricky's Avatar
Tricky Tricky is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 455
Likes: 4
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Tricky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by cards_athlete View Post
1 Johnson Central
2 Belfry
3 Pike Central
4 Shelby Valley
5 Paintsville
6 Sheldon Clark
7 Magoffin Co
8 Lawrence Co
9 East Ridge
10 Betsy Layne
How in the world do you put Paintsville and Sheldon Clark ahead of Magoffin for next year????
Send a private message to Tricky Add Tricky to Your Contacts Top of page
  #25  
Old 03-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Tricky's Avatar
Tricky Tricky is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 455
Likes: 4
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Tricky is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by mcfan1 View Post
1. Johnson Central- Talented Juniors next year, could be the best, but who knows?
2. Pike Central- Could easlily be 1, like their inside play of Slone, and Lowe, also Harris and Ratliff will be dangerous from the outside.
3. Belfry- Also could be 1, Deskins, Pruitt, and Thacker returning.
4. Magoffin Co.- The Lady Hornets will be affected by graduation, but they will suprise alot of people, remember the name Breanna Adams next year, by seasons end they will be dangerous.
5. Betsy Lane- Young team, this could be the year they get back on top.
Shelby Valley is a top 5 team!
Send a private message to Tricky Add Tricky to Your Contacts Top of page
  #26  
Old 03-15-2007, 06:03 PM
BIG_COUNTRY_06's Avatar
BIG_COUNTRY_06 BIG_COUNTRY_06 is offline
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pikeville, Ky
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BIG_COUNTRY_06 is on a distinguished road
Default
I think it is as follows:

1. Pike Central
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Shelby Valley
5. Paintsville
6. Magoffin Co.
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Lawrence Co.
9. East Ridge
10. Betsy Layne

You wann know the sad part about this top ten. FOUR of the teams are from the 57th district. No wonder Regions isn't as competitive as it should be. A few of the better teams are all in the same district...lol...It's crazyness!
Send a private message to BIG_COUNTRY_06 Add BIG_COUNTRY_06 to Your Contacts Top of page
  #27  
Old 03-15-2007, 06:21 PM
cards_athlete's Avatar
cards_athlete cards_athlete is offline
Starter
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mountains of Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 1,444
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cards_athlete is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by BIG_COUNTRY_06 View Post
I think it is as follows:

1. Pike Central
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Shelby Valley
5. Paintsville
6. Magoffin Co.
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Lawrence Co.
9. East Ridge
10. Betsy Layne

You wann know the sad part about this top ten. FOUR of the teams are from the 57th district. No wonder Regions isn't as competitive as it should be. A few of the better teams are all in the same district...lol...It's crazyness!
Actually make that FIVE, JC, Paitnsville, Magoffin, SC, and LC
Send a private message to cards_athlete Add cards_athlete to Your Contacts Top of page
  #28  
Old 03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
15thRegionSlamaBamma's Avatar
15thRegionSlamaBamma 15thRegionSlamaBamma is offline
Essential Element
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville
Posts: 6,854
Likes: 0
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough
Default
top 5

1. Pike Central- Has a ton of talent returning...today as they played RHS where Haley only had 7 points and playing against 2 All-Staters who are D-1 signees, I think it is obvious how good they will be. Plus the additions of Hamilton and Hatmaker, tranfers from Pikeville will be huge for Butcher's Lady Hawks to repeat their success.

2. Johnson Central- Ended their season earlier than expected from post season expectations. They have alot of talent returning and a great coach behind them.

3. Belfry- A talented program which a coach who has come along this past season. Look for them to make alot of noise next March.

4. Valley- Had a great season and was a post season favorite. Riding on the back of Roberts and Cantrell I look for Napier and his Lady Cats to re-visit the Expo Center as one of the favorites.

5. Paintsville- A young team with a key loss of Caroll. Either way I look for this team to make some major noise next season year round.

15th region champ- If healthy Pike Central repeats.
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page
  #29  
Old 03-16-2007, 01:58 AM
StillAnMCfan StillAnMCfan is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paintsville
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
StillAnMCfan is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by 15thRegionSlamaBamma View Post
top 5

1. Pike Central- Has a ton of talent returning...today as they played RHS where Haley only had 7 points and playing against 2 All-Staters who are D-1 signees, I think it is obvious how good they will be. Plus the additions of Hamilton and Hatmaker, tranfers from Pikeville will be huge for Butcher's Lady Hawks to repeat their success.

2. Johnson Central- Ended their season earlier than expected from post season expectations. They have alot of talent returning and a great coach behind them.

3. Belfry- A talented program which a coach who has come along this past season. Look for them to make alot of noise next March.

4. Valley- Had a great season and was a post season favorite. Riding on the back of Roberts and Cantrell I look for Napier and his Lady Cats to re-visit the Expo Center as one of the favorites.

5. Paintsville- A young team with a key loss of Caroll. Either way I look for this team to make some major noise next season year round.

15th region champ- If healthy Pike Central repeats.
Look for her little sister to step up and take up some slack.
Send a private message to StillAnMCfan Add StillAnMCfan to Your Contacts Top of page
  #30  
Old 03-16-2007, 06:44 AM
15thRegionSlamaBamma's Avatar
15thRegionSlamaBamma 15thRegionSlamaBamma is offline
Essential Element
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pikeville
Posts: 6,854
Likes: 0
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough
Default
yeah i agree SAMCF she is going to be a dandy she will more than likely be their main weapon next season...
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page
 

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Classic BlueGrassRivals

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.