Rate This Thread - Whitley County 27 Perry Central 20.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:31 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,337 Times in 1,652 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Dores have proved to be much better than most were giving them credit for. Colonels stole a win tonight.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Redwolf is on a distinguished road
I knew some of the regular clowns who helped sink this site would not give Perry credit even after almost taking down Whitley, but it's nice to see someone give them a little for all the hard work they must have put in to improve.
Send a private message to Redwolf Add Redwolf to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Scout Team
Liked 92 Times in 82 Posts
hitter is on a distinguished road
The way most of the people were talking yesterday I didn't think perry would have a chance. Some were talking about running clock and emergency room visits. Talk about people who don't know football. From what I'm hearing perry gave it away. And zaga I'm sure these teams watch game film
Send a private message to hitter Add hitter to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:23 PM
MOD

Liked 7,663 Times in 5,300 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by KingCommodore View Post
We were close and I am still here Gut. We are not a pushover. Good game Whitley. Go Dores!
Glad you're gonna stick around. Perry's got a good shot at pulling an upset or two.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:26 PM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bac2369 View Post
I can agree Perry gave the game away. Perry had Whitleys number for most of the second half. A-1 must on the snapper to get them balls down and not over the head. That's exactly what costed them the game. If you get the punt off its untelling how it plays out. Both are solid teams and Perry has nothing to hang there heads about. Now if Perry can beat North Laurel then that will make a 3 way tie for 2nd, but Harlan County has to beat Perry for that to happen. There is still quite a few scenarios that can play out.
HC still has to beat Whitley at Whitley as well
bac2369 (10-06-2017)
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:27 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
I knew some of the regular clowns who helped sink this site would not give Perry credit even after almost taking down Whitley, but it's nice to see someone give them a little for all the hard work they must have put in to improve.
Somebody lacks the ability to notice sarcasm.
Just a little FYI, site views are better now than ever...
Westside (10-07-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 11:29 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by hitter View Post
The way most of the people were talking yesterday I didn't think perry would have a chance. Some were talking about running clock and emergency room visits. Talk about people who don't know football. From what I'm hearing perry gave it away. And zaga I'm sure these teams watch game film
It was nice of Whitley to take it easy on Perry. Not many teams would do that.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:52 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
PETE THE GURU is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
Very good game except for the penalties. Pcc gave the game away pure and simple. They had the ball up 6 with about 8 minutes to go and got multiple penalties and then a botched punt. Whitley has 10 tons of talent but why they throw it every down is beyond me. Jacob Woolum was once again the best player on the field. The commodores will be playing Harlan co for the district title guys. Harlan will beat Whitley and Pcc will beat North Laurel. Pcc and Harlan will have one loss and play for the title. That's a fact!
Whitley had way more penalties than PCC . Whitley just out played them. Pure and simple. The woolum kid was the best athlete on the field.
Send a private message to PETE THE GURU Add PETE THE GURU to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:01 AM
Equipment Manager
What was the scuffle about when they was shaking hands. And the PCC coach throwing his hat at Whitleys staff.
Send a private message to PETE THE GURU Add PETE THE GURU to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:19 AM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,598 Times in 1,801 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PETE THE GURU View Post
What was the scuffle about when they was shaking hands. And the PCC coach throwing his hat at Whitleys staff.
I've heard a variety of stories.
But in all likelihood, several adults and players forgot this was just a game.
RunItUpTheGut (10-07-2017), Westside (10-07-2017)
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:05 AM
Statistician
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Bossdaddy 4115 is on a distinguished road
Wow, scuffle tell more. That might have been why the emergency was mentioned in previous thread. Jk had to mention that so someone would start jabbing some more. All in good times on the ole bluegrass site.
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:40 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 81 Times in 59 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Corbin only put up 14 against Whitley...I don't understand this. McCreary Central almost beat Perry. And it sounds as if Perry should have won this game?? Weird.
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:01 AM
MOD

Originally Posted by smoke1015 View Post
Corbin only put up 14 against Whitley...I don't understand this. McCreary Central almost beat Perry. And it sounds as if Perry should have won this game?? Weird.
I think it shows how much Whitley has digressed th is season ....
Old 10-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Or the fact that corbin was looking at Alcoa instead of Whitley, didn't have offensive line in place either.
Send a private message to Bossdaddy 4115 Add Bossdaddy 4115 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:19 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,337 Times in 1,652 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Coach Larkey has done a tremendous job with PCC this year. The old man can still coach.
smoke1015 (10-07-2017)
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
Coach Larkey has done a tremendous job with PCC this year. The old man can still coach.
Absolutely still on top of his game, kids buy in to a good coach the sky is the limit.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chalktalk is on a distinguished road
This Pcc team has come a long way this year. Get better ever game.
Send a private message to chalktalk Add chalktalk to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Statistician
Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
Gummie Bear is on a distinguished road
Perry much improved
Looks like they proved they belonged in discussion as best in district and not a roll over. They had a win and lost in end good job guys
Good luck rest of way
Send a private message to Gummie Bear Add Gummie Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
TheRock is on a distinguished road
I am not sure what game most posters were at last night, not the same one I was. The one behind the elementary school , just outside Hazard? Perry Central ? Speaking of stealing!!
I will leave it at that. If you didn't make the trip, try to speak to someone that will give you the truth before personal feelings. I leave it at that.
chalktalk (10-07-2017)
Send a private message to TheRock Add TheRock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 81 Times in 59 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
So just a case of gotten worse instead of better? Inconsistency week to week? Or steady decline? Any key players hurt?
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Equipment Manager
4 offensive starters out last night and 1 defense. That including #7. So much to this score of the game that you can't begin to make statements unless you were there. That is why it is so funny when some make blanket ASSumptions.
Send a private message to TheRock Add TheRock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:57 AM
MOD

Originally Posted by smoke1015 View Post
So just a case of gotten worse instead of better? Inconsistency week to week? Or steady decline? Any key players hurt?
Steady decline IMO.
inconsistency in play calling has been a major factor.
Some players are hurt, but we have to remember this team is loaded with juniors and seniors. They should be able to handle the injuries. Line play still a big factor in hurting Whitley.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Equipment Manager
Gut, were you able to make the game last night?
Old 10-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Equipment Manager
At the end of the night Whitley got the win . Perry played as well as they could. They just wasn't used to a physical play. On a neutral site Whitley would have beat them by 3 touchdowns. They are much improved. Good luck on the rest of your season PCC.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Equipment Manager
Someone that was actually there!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Equipment Manager
On a side note, what a beautiful facility and place to play. That setting was A one.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by zaga_fan View Post

I've said it all year, the holes in that secondary - alongside th
Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
Zaga , I am old and fat and I could get open every play on Pcc. Woolum keeps making huge plays to try and pull out the win. But tonight it wasn't enough. He's a warrior!
eir affinity for racking up penalty yards - are what will kill them in big games.
Not sure what game you all were watching but that high octane offense of Whitley that everybody spouts about only scored three touchdowns and one was on a very short field on Perrys defense.
Plus Perrys secondary scored a defensive touchdown, so kinda confused from your statements.
Send a private message to Gummie Bear Add Gummie Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,598 Times in 1,801 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gummie Bear View Post
Not sure what game you all were watching but that high octane offense of Whitley that everybody spouts about only scored three touchdowns and one was on a very short field on Perrys defense.
Plus Perrys secondary scored a defensive touchdown, so kinda confused from your statements.
So you think Perry's secondary isn't a weakness?
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by zaga_fan View Post
So you think Perry's secondary isn't a weakness?
Think every team has a weakness but to say they were reason for the loss which is way I felt it sounded wasn't fair.
You hear all over EKY all preseason how good the air raid Franklin offense is supposed to be over at WC and then Perry played really well with pick 6 and giving up just three scores and usually on short field wasn't too shabby. All I was saying
Old 10-07-2017, 12:06 PM
MOD

Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
Gut, were you able to make the game last night?
No, and I apologize.
I forgot you had to actually be there to have an opinion.
Listening on the radio just doesn't cut it.
Thanks for your insight. We are completely lost without it.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football